The Atomic bombing of Japan is the worst war crime of the 20th century

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
I'm supposed to believe bum ass TLR posters care about post-WW2 Japan and yall can't even unify as black folks because some youtube personality told yall otherwise?

Pardon my skepticism :unimpressed:
I don’t care about Japan. In the scope of human history, I don’t think obliterating citizens including innocent children should be taken lightly.

I don't think acknowledging that makes me anti-Black or self-hating and I don’t follow YouTube personalities.
:yeshrug:

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
Please explain to me how it’s a bait thread or elementary in anyway. You all throw that word out over everything. Who am I fukking baiting? I acknowledged the horrific acts committed by Japanese Military. The coming of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were still crimes against humanity. They ordered the whole sale obliteration of children to win a war. I can’t agree with the premise that this is something that should be measured lightly because the Japanese military was evil.

There is a good reason you have negative rep. If you cant admit Nanking is worse than the bombings, you are a clown, full stop
:unimpressed:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Nobody wanted to invade Japan on ground and a lot of nikkas, literally, would’ve been crash test dummies trying to fight soldiers on the ground who didn’t think twice about committing kamikaze...

A lot of our grandfathers and uncles specifically...that would’ve been a bigger L for America than Vietnam by far...
Reading about the lead up to the bomb is very interesting, the plans they scrapped and the casualties they were willing to take, operation downfall. shyt, most don’t even know about the firebombing on Japan.
Anybody ever read the story about a Japanese dude who got caught up in BOTH bombings?? Dude said that when the second bomb hit he legitimately thought it was the end of the world
How:mjtf:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I always think the wildest part about his story was the fact that he survived a nuke and went to work just a few days later :why:

Despite being on the verge of collapse, Yamaguchi dragged himself out of bed on the morning of August 9 and reported for work at Mitsubishi’s Nagasaki office. Around 11 a.m., he found himself in a meeting with a company director who demanded a full report on Hiroshima. The engineer recounted the scattered events of August 6—the blinding light, the deafening boom—but his superior accused him of being mad.

And then he caught shyt from his boss before lunch :why:

"Where were you at? :unimpressed: fukk all those bandages"
"I got fukking nuked you ain't hear all that? :gucci:"
"This is the last time, Yamaguchi-san :unimpressed: You can be replaced "

How could a single bomb destroy an entire city? Yamaguchi was trying to explain himself when the landscape outside suddenly exploded with another iridescent white flash. Yamaguchi dropped to the ground just seconds before the shock wave shattered the office windows and sent broken glass and debris careening through the room. “I thought the mushroom cloud had followed me from Hiroshima,” he later told the newspaper The Independent.

:pacspit:

The atom bomb that hit Nagasaki was even more powerful than the one dropped on Hiroshima, but as Yamaguchi would later learn, the city’s hilly landscape and a reinforced stairwell had combined to muffle the blast inside the office. His bandages were blown off, and he was hit by yet another surge of cancer-causing radiation, but he emerged relatively unhurt. For the second time in three days, he’d had the misfortune of being within two miles of a nuclear explosion. For the second time, he’d been fortunate enough to survive.

After fleeing from the skeleton of the Mitsubishi building, Yamaguchi rushed through a bomb-ravaged Nagasaki to check on his wife and son. He feared the worst when he saw a section of his house had been reduced to rubble, but he soon found both had sustained only superficial injuries. His wife had been out looking for burn ointment for her husband, and when the explosion came, she and the baby had taken refuge in a tunnel. It was yet another strange twist of fate. If Yamaguchi hadn’t been hurt at Hiroshima, his family might have been killed at Nagasaki.

:wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I always think the wildest part about his story was the fact that he survived a nuke and went to work just a few days later :why:

Despite being on the verge of collapse, Yamaguchi dragged himself out of bed on the morning of August 9 and reported for work at Mitsubishi’s Nagasaki office. Around 11 a.m., he found himself in a meeting with a company director who demanded a full report on Hiroshima. The engineer recounted the scattered events of August 6—the blinding light, the deafening boom—but his superior accused him of being mad.

And then he caught shyt from his boss before lunch :why:

"Where were you at? :unimpressed: fukk all those bandages"
"I got fukking nuked you ain't hear all that? :gucci:"
"This is the last time, Yamaguchi-san :unimpressed: You can be replaced "

How could a single bomb destroy an entire city? Yamaguchi was trying to explain himself when the landscape outside suddenly exploded with another iridescent white flash. Yamaguchi dropped to the ground just seconds before the shock wave shattered the office windows and sent broken glass and debris careening through the room. “I thought the mushroom cloud had followed me from Hiroshima,” he later told the newspaper The Independent.

:pacspit:

The atom bomb that hit Nagasaki was even more powerful than the one dropped on Hiroshima, but as Yamaguchi would later learn, the city’s hilly landscape and a reinforced stairwell had combined to muffle the blast inside the office. His bandages were blown off, and he was hit by yet another surge of cancer-causing radiation, but he emerged relatively unhurt. For the second time in three days, he’d had the misfortune of being within two miles of a nuclear explosion. For the second time, he’d been fortunate enough to survive.

After fleeing from the skeleton of the Mitsubishi building, Yamaguchi rushed through a bomb-ravaged Nagasaki to check on his wife and son. He feared the worst when he saw a section of his house had been reduced to rubble, but he soon found both had sustained only superficial injuries. His wife had been out looking for burn ointment for her husband, and when the explosion came, she and the baby had taken refuge in a tunnel. It was yet another strange twist of fate. If Yamaguchi hadn’t been hurt at Hiroshima, his family might have been killed at Nagasaki.

:wow:

When it’s not your time to go :wow:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just went down the YouTube rabbit hole and saw how powerful the nukes we have today are. Sh*t is absolutely terrifying :picard: The Tsar bomb would take out New York City and the entire northern half of New Jersey :francis:
You know whats crazier? The Tsar Bomba was originally 100 megatons, but before they went through with the test the Soviets scaled it down to 50 megatons because they was worried the damage and fallout would hurt their country:lupe:

the one they tested was still some scary stuff tho
72f3937312ce4f0ae1b789ab58a90508.jpg
Did you see that Russia released de-classified footage of the Tsar Bomb test New Video Shows Largest Hydrogen Bomb Ever Exploded