The Atomic bombing of Japan is the worst war crime of the 20th century

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
They surrendered before the first though. The US didn't like the conditions and rejected the surrender. They wanted to dissolve the state.
No they didn't...

They were told from the outset of the negotiations, the only acceptable surrender terms was UNCONDITIONAL...

They refused to accept those terms and thus killed themselves...

The bomb was assisted suicide...

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
No they didn't...

They were told from the outset of the negotiations, the only acceptable surrender terms was UNCONDITIONAL...

They refused to accept those terms and thus killed themselves...

The bomb was assisted suicide...
Spoken like a true patriot. However, I don't take seriously patriotic pulsions when it comes to matters of history or morality.

They were told from the outset of the negotiations, the only acceptable surrender terms was UNCONDITIONAL

If you can't see the absurdity of the contradiction between the two terms in bold, there is not much to talk about.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Spoken like a true patriot. However, I don't take seriously patriotic pulsions when it comes to matters of history or morality.

If you can't see the absurdity of the contradiction between the two terms in bold, there is not much to talk about.
Spoken like a true :wrist: with his morally righteous head up his ass...

The negotiations were not started by the allies, the Japs asked for them and they were told the terms were UNCONDITIONAL...

Since when does the LOSER who started a war and committed vast heinous war crimes across a continent have a say in how they surrender?

If you can't see the absurdity in that, I am thankful your morally righteous ass will never be in a leadership position that has lives at steak...

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
:mjcry::mjpls::mjcry:
EfGTywYXgAAE_zh
:mjlol: c00n.0

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Spoken like a true :wrist: with his morally righteous head up his ass...

The negotiations were not started by the allies, the Japs asked for them and they were told the terms were UNCONDITIONAL...

Since when does the LOSER who started a war and committed vast heinous war crimes across a continent have a say in how they surrender?

If you can't see the absurdity in that, I am thankful your morally righteous ass will never be in a leadership position that has lives at steak...
So the Japanese did propose to surrender first. You quoted my post without anything of substance to add because you got triggered :ehh:

Hence why you're now writing fiction about how I see the morality of the atomic bombing (which I didn't state).

You can stop quoting me breh.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn’t say look away. That sounds like they supported him. Most people DONT want conflict. Bystander effect on a national scale. They much rather use diplomacy to find common ground with their enemies (see Russia/China/North Korea today). We don’t support what these dudes are doing. We just don’t want to bother going to war with them. It was the same back then. Even as vile as Hitler was, it was basically “we’re not gonna send our kids to go die over something we’re not involved in” kinda thing even though it was foul. Then Hitler overstepped.

That isn't totally the truth.
(White) Americans were low key Nazi sympathizers and helped to inspire Hitler through Jim Crow.
It wasn't necessarily about "Not wanting conflict".
It wasn't until it was inevitable that America was pulled into WW2, until then they were going out of their way
to avoid another war.

More Americans Supported Hitler Than You May Think. Here's Why One Expert Thinks That History Isn't Better Known

https://www.history.com/news/how-the-nazis-were-inspired-by-jim-crow

NPR Choice page

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
MischievousMonkey said:
They surrendered before the first though. The US didn't like the conditions and rejected the surrender. They wanted to dissolve the state.

:usure:

They didn't surrender until after the second bomb. By 'they' I mean the people running Japan, aka 'The Big Six'. The calls for surrender you're referring to, like Yoshio Fujimura and Masutard Inoue, weren't endorsed by them at all. The Germans surrendered in May, but the Japanese were still fighting in the Pacific. The Allies wanted Japan's complete surrender in July but Japan ignored it. After Hiroshima was destroyed, the Japanese continued fighting believing, correctly, that we could only have one or two more bombs. They figured they could withstand the additional damage and continued to fight.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
So the Japanese did propose to surrender first. You quoted my post without anything of substance to add because you got triggered :ehh:

Hence why you're now writing fiction about how I see the morality of the atomic bombing (which I didn't state).

You can stop quoting me breh.
Classic tap dancing and pulling shyt out of your ass pseudo intellectual go to when you get your ass handed to you with facts...:heh:

The only thing I have addressed in our exchange is your downright asinine pure fiction position that the Japs surrendered before the first bomb was dropped...

Starting negotiations and failing to come to terms does not equal surrender son...

The loser in war doesn't get to make terms, the loser gets told the terms, and those terms are usually accept or die...

The Japanese emperor chose death for his people...

You can stop quoting me with your fiction now breh...

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That isn't totally the truth.
(White) Americans were low key Nazi sympathizers and helped to inspire Hitler through Jim Crow.
It wasn't necessarily about "Not wanting conflict".
It wasn't until it was inevitable that America was pulled into WW2, until then they were going out of their way
to avoid another war.

More Americans Supported Hitler Than You May Think. Here's Why One Expert Thinks That History Isn't Better Known

https://www.history.com/news/how-the-nazis-were-inspired-by-jim-crow

NPR Choice page

Ehh, I’m sure white people were racist but I doubt they were cool with 6 million people getting cooked alive or having Germany turn that rage on them. Hitler was going to be Hitler regardless. All of Europe ganging up on Germany in WWI, the destruction of Germany and the immediate events following the war ensured that. It all started basically because Europe was threatened by the unification of Germany and their emergence as a world power. They put them down only to get a mad man come back for revenge twenty years later. I’m pretty sure people/countries tried to be cool with Hitler the same way we try to find common ground with authoritarian leaders today. Erdogan has been extremely open about his desire to kill off the Kurds. We cool with him. Jinping been killing Muslims, oversees a regressive draconian government and has committed numerous human rights violations. For the longest, we were cool with dude. Salman took a chainsaw to a reporter, jailed all his relatives, ordered the deaths of Ethiopian immigrants and waged war against Yemen. We cool with him. The Obama Administration tried to patch things up with Khamenei and he’s a psycho. Kim Jong Un? Putin? Enough said. That doesn’t even go into all the other Middle Eastern strongman leaders we supported in the past like Saddam, Gaddafi, even Bin Laden was a tool of ours at once. We’re doing the same thing. So I can imagine back then they tried to find common ground with Hitler (especially considering no one wanted another world war that caused 60-100 million to die) until it was clear it was a lost cause.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Field Marshall Bradley said:
What I’m particular changed your mind...? Even Truman’s chief of staff stated that the dropping of the A bombs were completely unnecessary

He figured Japan fighting a 2-front war would be enough to force their surrender, but that would have cost hundreds of thousands of American lives and dragged on for years. The bombs were a far more efficient way to force their surrender and end the war immediately as the Japanese Government had no plans to stop fighting.​