The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Bgreat

All Star
Daps
Nah they should be investing in some of these other plays that have hit the past few weeks and no when to get out...For example Support.com may be something they want to look at but we just try to keep this post all AMC when in reality some are missing out on money they could get in the near term...I always try to keep a couple of plays going, invest in my normal ETFs, and put my little bit into crypto....If all I did was AMC/GME I'd be insanely bored/agitated.
Yea I doubled up on BBIG and reinvested right back into AMC. These lame nikkas negging me but im trying to get them to get more shares but I understand I shouldn’t deflect in AMC titled thread

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
200.gif

Im preparing myself mentally and emotionally just in case it reaches that high so I don’t bytch out and sell.

Don’t hate because you thought this was going to explode when that margin requirement went into effect on Friday.

:mjlol:

Daps
Im preparing myself mentally and emotionally just in case it reaches that high so I don’t bytch out and sell.

Don’t hate because you thought this was going to explode when that margin requirement went into effect on Friday.

I never thought it would explode. Pretty sure I made a post that said nothing would happen.

:pachaha:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

yo I’m about to be in my feelings by Friday. Im assuming GME should have a decent earnings report that should drive some action. Amc is already in the Mid cap ETF. They implemented the margin requirements and people are still buying in….If I see a great deal of price action only on the dark pools I’m going to be pissed…Or if some shyt like Best Buy or Sears magically gets higher than it was on Friday:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I never thought it would explode. Pretty sure I made a post that said nothing would happen.

:pachaha:

Bruh, you posted something early Friday morning when the markets opened already bytchin about it nothing’s happening with a :sadcam: smiley

I was going to quote you but you edited it to a period dot.

You ain’t got to lie craig.

:ufdup:

Daps
yo I’m about to be in my feelings by Friday. Im assuming GME should have a decent earnings report that should drive some action. Amc is already in the Mid cap ETF. They implemented the margin requirements and people are still buying in….If I see a great deal of price action only on the dark pools I’m going to be pissed…Or if some shyt like Best Buy or Sears magically gets higher than it was on Friday:

Expect to be disappointed. I don’t think anything will happen until Gary Genslar brings the hammer down. It’s frustrating, but there isn’t anything we can do but buy and hold, and the effectiveness of even that at this stage is in question.

:francis:

Swaggatron

TYBG
Supporter
Daps
Expect to be disappointed. I don’t think anything will happen until Gary Genslar brings the hammer down. It’s frustrating, but there isn’t anything we can do but buy and hold, and the effectiveness of even that at this stage is in question.

:francis:

It's effective. If it wasn't we would be back down to 3 dollars a share

Daps
It's effective. If it wasn't we would be back down to 3 dollars a share

Exactly.

Hedge funds want us to doubt ourselves. They are in the weaker position but will use our own insecurities, MSM propaganda and borrowing insane amounts of money to avoid paying the piper.

Buying and holding is all we have to do. Prolonging the inevitable does not make their problem go away. Waiting is tough but it doesn't really cost us anything except the opportunity cost of buying other stocks.

The negative beta of AMC and GME plus the likely impending stock market crash/correction means....AMC/GME is the best play.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Exactly.

Hedge funds want us to doubt ourselves. They are in the weaker position but will use our own insecurities, MSM propaganda and borrowing insane amounts of money to avoid paying the piper.

Buying and holding is all we have to do. Prolonging the inevitable does not make their problem go away. Waiting is tough but it doesn't really cost us anything except the opportunity cost of buying other stocks.

The negative beta of AMC and GME plus the likely impending stock market crash/correction means....AMC/GME is the best play.
This shyt ain’t for the mentally weak :manny:

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT

I get what he's saying....if you think it's higher which those numbers have shown thru other tweets and reddit so be it. If you think it's lower then you are going off the price now. We all gotta go off the price shown now but don't mean that's actually what the stock is worth...(without the BS). It's hard to gauge this shyt but if nikkas willing to wait...that's all needs to be said. I'm waiting...

Last edited:

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it possible the short squeeze happens in years? If covid hits again and they put us all on lock downs, paper hands and newer long institutional investors panic, stock goes down, newer shorts cover, and it cascades the other way. AMC can't raise as much capital and bleeding money. Stock goes more and more down, more covering and it buys more time for earlier shorts. Company could go bankrupt before the squeeze happens. Becomes a zombie corp and years later when they the SHFs need it they cover and realize their gains a la SEARS and Blockbuster.

Then again, if the market crashes, depending on what triggers the crash (covid, housing, tuition, tech bubble 2.0, meme stock themselves, etc) it might have a domino effect that forces SHFs to cover right away and trigger moass. Also, is it safe to assume that the powers that be themselves may have strong interest in preventing all this by any means necessary as it could cause a crash of the economy.

I am not for or against the play at this point, not trying to convince anyone, just trying to learn. I would be happy if someone refutes my scenario as it would help me learn more and develop my critical thinking.

Tldr; with my limited knowledge and quick research on this whole thing, it is my opinion that the moass is not the sure shot everyone thought it was and could happen years later. Imo, this thing could really go either way depending on if their is a crash, what causes the crash, short term fundamentals and overall timing. It could be a coin toss...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Is it possible the short squeeze happens in years? If covid hits again and they put us all on lock downs, paper hands and newer long institutional investors panic, stock goes down, newer shorts cover, and it cascades the other way. AMC can't raise as much capital and bleeding money. Stock goes more and more down, more covering and it buys more time for earlier shorts. Company could go bankrupt before the squeeze happens. Becomes a zombie corp and years later when they the SHFs need it they cover and realize their gains a la SEARS and Blockbuster.

Then again, if the market crashes, depending on what triggers the crash (covid, housing, tuition, tech bubble 2.0, meme stock themselves, etc) it might have a domino effect that forces SHFs to cover right away and trigger moass. Also, is it safe to assume that the powers that be themselves may have strong interest in preventing all this by any means necessary as it could cause a crash of the economy.

I am not for or against the play at this point, not trying to convince anyone, just trying to learn. I would be happy if someone refutes my scenario as it would help me learn more and develop my critical thinking.

Tldr; with my limited knowledge and quick research on this whole thing, it is my opinion that the moass is not the sure shot everyone thought it was and could happen years later. Imo, this thing could really go either way depending on if their is a crash, what causes the crash, short term fundamentals and overall timing. It could be a coin toss...
We are not locking down again.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
We are not locking down again.

certain states will if delta starts murkin children in the thousands and hospitals are overwhelmed. Kids are already dying from that shyt.

With that said, according to latest earnings report, AA said they have enough cash on hand to survive another lockdown if that happens.