The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m all in 100% of what I consider my “trading” money.

Meaning the money I’m willing to play risky with. I have a retirement account and a long term investment account that I don’t touch much other than to add more money.

As far as I can see this is the best play out from a risk/reward basis. Any extra dime I’ve been getting has been going to buying dips.

A piece of advice that resonated with me about diversifying your holdings was that diversification is more so to protect your money than to grow it. If you don’t already have a bunch of money it’s a better idea to pick a few plays you feel will give you great returns than it is to spread your money out for less risky small gains.
Thanks for the reply. I edited my post. I should have specified how much of total holdings. What percentage of all your holdings is your trading money? The reason I ask is to get a gage of how much people believe in this play. But if you feel like that's too personal i would understand. Also great advice, i tend to agree as far as diversification. It also depends on age imo.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you guys bought it for under $8 dollars earlier in the year, I say this is a good time to sell it.
I mean it depends how much you put in. I think if i had put in a big percentage of my networth, personally at this point i would sell enough to cover my original investment and pretty much view the rest as a chance to win the lottery if things play out. Yes i would be leaving money on the table but depending on how big the upside is, at least you get some peace of mind. It also depends on how much you believe in and understand the play.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thanks for the reply. I edited my post. I should have specified how much of total holdings. What percentage of all your holdings is your trading money? The reason I ask is to get a gage of how much people believe in this play. But if you feel like that's too personal i would understand. Also great advice, i tend to agree as far as diversification. It also depends on age imo.
I guess it’s around 25%

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess it’s around 25%
I skimmed through this thread and seen some of your posts. Seems like you know your stuff and if you are putting 25, I'll definitely look more into this. Props and hopefully it all pans out the way it should.

This whole thing seems like a war and like there wil be movies about this when it's all said and done.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I skimmed through this thread and seen some of your posts. Seems like you know your stuff and if you are putting 25, I'll definitely look more into this. Props and hopefully it all pans out the way it should.

This whole thing seems like a war and like there wil be movies about this when it's all said and done.
Best I can say is only put in money that you are willing to lose.

This is fukkery to the max. We are just trying to land on the right side of the fukkery.

It helps if the money you put in is money you’ve already written off, so when the inevitable dips and fukkery happen you won’t feel too emotional about it. That why I keep this account separate from my other two.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Without revealing the amount, what percentage of your total holdings on the stock market is allocated in this play? I want to get a general idea of how committed people. I didn't put a lot (about less than 1%) because admittedly i am not knowledgeable enough to completely understand what's going on. I'm trying to read up on it while remaining level headed. I find it entertaining and if i manage to get a better grasp of what's going on and if i am convinced it's a good play, i will put more. Does anyone have good consice sources of info that explains the play, that support the play and also that refute it?
My account says 22% of my holdings is amc
That’s my 3rd biggest

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Damn near 75-85% of my portfolio is in GME/AMC. I forgot I got some money in crypto. I'm about 80K deep with AMC and GME. This is my risky money where if I lose it I lose it. My 401K hasn't been touched and is sitting strong. That's my safety net while I take financial risks with my outside money.

If this shyt takes off or even if it dies off I'll then go back to diversifying my portfolio. I just believe in this play enough that I went all in.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without revealing the amount, what percentage of your total holdings on the stock market is allocated in this play? I want to get a general idea of how committed people. I didn't put a lot (about less than 1%) because admittedly i am not knowledgeable enough to completely understand what's going on. I'm trying to read up on it while remaining level headed. I find it entertaining and if i manage to get a better grasp of what's going on and if i am convinced it's a good play, i will put more. Does anyone have good consice sources of info that explains the play, that support the play and also that refute it?
I have ~4% of my assets in AMC with an $XX,XXX cost basis (~25% of my non-401K brokerage holdings, 2nd largest investment excluding stock grants from my company; largest individual stock holding). I have ~$2K a month budgeted for it through end of year and buying dips. Bought 5 shares today on the initial dip.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I have ~4% of my assets in AMC with an $XX,XXX cost basis (~25% of my non-401K brokerage holdings, 2nd largest investment excluding stock grants from my company; largest individual stock holding). I have ~$2K a month budgeted for it through end of year and buying dips. Bought 5 shares today on the initial dip.
Yeah if including 401K AMC/GME would be about 15-20% of mine.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who pulling up on this guy and getting him to stop spreading negativity? Where the :demonic: investors at?

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

AMC stock deserves to crash 87%: analyst
Don’t worry we already got em. He shorted the stock when he put that out. If he didn’t cover immediately yesterday he’s probably already in the red:mjgrin: