The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Idk but they did just do a shareholder survey with a question about issuing more stocks and it was voted No by us shareholders:manny:
yup imagine the fud we would have if we had voted yes on that 500m. All of the top guys/youtubers were saying to do it .they swear AA is our friend. Just because we dont contribute major DD. Doesnt mean folks like us ain't putting in work. It was a no from me from the start.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In other words, the dilution would actually put more pressure on the shorts. Interesting

Also wouldn't the debt problem be a non issue for a big player like amazon? If anything they either would want to buy it as a hedge against prime or to just shut it down completely.

EDIT: or 3rd option, if AMC owns the land, maybe build strategic drop point facilities or something like that.

Debt is always a concern because you have to make that money before the company is profitable, and if you fail to do that, you're not doing anything but wasting money

Amazon is one of the companies who were looking in buying AMC despite the debt, without the debt it would be a no brainer

but eliminating the debt would make AMC a stronger company, because they will be making profits going forward there isn't any possible fud they could be put out to say it's a bad stock, or the company is likely to fail, it would be impossible

I mean Gamestop was way worst than AMC, Gamestop was literally going out of business, they had to close down locations in order not to, then Cohen stepped and drop the bag to save the company, and that's how the saga started against shorts

now Gamestop has elimianted all his debt and can be transitioned into any type of company they want going forward in the future

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not expecting much tomorrow, I just wanna see the price action of the whole market after the new rules go into effect

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
They have over 4 billion naked shares, they have to buy back, any additional shares at this point is a drop in a bucket

I would've voted yes for the share dilution, but community followers youtubers who don't understand business

The added shares would have eliminated AMC's debt completely, which means there's no way the company can go bankrupt or out of business, there is no argument for it, which means it would be pointless to continue shorting the stock

and also a company like Amazon which was been rumored to want to buy AMC, would be enticed more to buy it since the company has no idea

any time I company megres with and is brought it causes the stock to go up, because it's more security in the investment so buyers who are just regular investors will see it has a good investment and buy the stock, as well as other entities, and it would've for sure triggered the squeeze by now

Do our shares become Amazon shares if they buy out AMC? :gladbron:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have over 4 billion naked shares, they have to buy back, any additional shares at this point is a drop in a bucket

I would've voted yes for the share dilution, but community followers youtubers who don't understand business

The added shares would have eliminated AMC's debt completely, which means there's no way the company can go bankrupt or out of business, there is no argument for it, which means it would be pointless to continue shorting the stock

and also a company like Amazon which was been rumored to want to buy AMC, would be enticed more to buy it since the company has no idea

any time I company megres with and is brought it causes the stock to go up, because it's more security in the investment so buyers who are just regular investors will see it has a good investment and buy the stock, as well as other entities, and it would've for sure triggered the squeeze by now
If Amazon truly wants amc it’s debt wouldn’t scare them away. Amazon’s fascination with the film industry is great for amc though, it’s always a option down the road if we truly get past Covid.

GSR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
daygo
yup imagine the fud we would have if we had voted yes on that 500m. All the type guys/youtubers were saying do it too. Just because we dont contribute major DD. Doesnt mean folks like us ain't putting in work. It was a no from me from the start.
This.

The company fundamentals don't matter at this point. Retail owns the float. The the HF's still haven't covered and have been digging a deeper hole for themselves every day that they delay. Everything else is irrelevant.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do our shares become Amazon shares if they buy out AMC? :gladbron:

It depends how the company is acquired

but the stock would squeeze before the acquisition plus the target company experiences a rise and the acquiring company experiences a dip

I don't think Amazon would merge with AMC if they acquired, so I think Amazon will wait for after the squeeze to buy the company if they want to, I mean AMC streaming service being on Amazons, would mean Amazon Prime members can watch the movies in the theater on their app

so that would be big for them and put them over netflix and all the others

But typically, the shareholders are compensated with cash or stocks, or hybrid, so you would have a choice to take some cash or amazon stocks, or mixture of both, and the AMC stock will cease to exist

In a merger the newly formed entity would see a significant increase of stock price compared to both prior prices of the two companies tha merged, but leading up to the merger, the acquiring company's stocks will surge so AMC would squeeze, and Amazon would take a dip, so we would have time to cash out before the merger

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Amazon truly wants amc it’s debt wouldn’t scare them away. Amazon’s fascination with the film industry is great for amc though, it’s always a option down the road if we truly get past Covid.

It hasn't scared them away, they've been looking into buying AMC since March, but no debt would make it an easy decision, instead of coming into a scenario that could lead to just adding more money to the pit of fire, just because Amazon has a lot of money doesn't mean they are in the business of losing money because they can afford to

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
True, My Grandmother left us some Chrysler shares back in the day and we caked when them and Mercedes merged for a bit. Took a couple years though... I'm still holding that torch/mmat bag :francis:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
It hasn't scared them away, they've been looking into buying AMC since March, but no debt would make it an easy decision, instead of coming into a scenario that could lead to just adding more money to the pit of fire, just because Amazon has a lot of money doesn't mean they are in the business of losing money because they can afford to
Amazon with amazon, MGM, and AMC would be:whoo: