The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Me 2, but I don’t wanna sell on a L
I had a bunch of stocks that were all down and I had the same mindset for the longest of not wanting to sell on an L. But then just looked at those as sunk costs so ended up dropping them just because of the return potential on AMC. I would still be averaging in the 20s if I did that when I wanted to.

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
The DTCC will cover it if they go bankrupt. That’s an old law. And they put a rule in place allowing the funds to just give long positions (think pawn shop where you give shares for cash) to the NSCC/ DTCC and they will just loan them the money to pay it back over time. Basically stopping any major crashes due to this….
Okay, so, how could the valuation of a company not valuable get to unreasonable heights withought the people at the top cutting it off because at that point you're just printing money for the masses.

That's the fault I see in these stocks.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Okay, so, how could the valuation of a company not valuable get to unreasonable heights withought the people at the top cutting it off because at that point you're just printing money for the masses.

That's the fault I see in these stocks.

I’m almost positive it’s a top limit that the DTCC covers. I’m not sure if it gets to that point. The only thing that ultimately matters is if the shorts are covered to include the synthetic shares.

Daps
Didn't keep reading to see if this was answered so my bad if it was...u can choose to take out taxes when u withdraw funds tho.
Thank you, didn't get a full answer to this. Do I change it in the settings? Because I plan on taking all of it out and then finding a way to pay "sufficient" :duck: taxes later

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I put some shyt up for amc but all jokes aside. What percent ya experiences people at that this shyt will cross to six figures? I’m at a 30% mine frame thinking we may make it.

when it’s climbing, sell enough shares to double your initial investment. Hold the rest and sell on the way down because nobody can predict where this is headed.

This squeeze is going to last awhile. They ain’t coppin a few BILLION shares in one trading day.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I put some shyt up for amc but all jokes aside. What percent ya experiences people at that this shyt will cross to six figures? I’m at a 30% mine frame thinking we may make it.

im at 10% yes the math makes sense. But in my mind I’m thinking $1500 -$2000. What I’m not sure of is if it’s GME or AMC that will hit the peaks. Assuming it’s both. But that is why I have my chip off plan.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't keep reading to see if this was answered so my bad if it was...u can choose to take out taxes when u withdraw funds tho.

yeah that’s what I was hoping i was trying to sale out of clover ASAP so I could of double clicked. But I don’t really sale much in fidelity.