The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It says in the same article that Melvin lost 49% on its investments during the first three months of 2021. So it doesn’t seem like Melvin is in better financial shape to better be able to pay them back now.

My read into it is that Citadel is needing the extra capital in preparation for the ruling coming into play regarding required assets in relations to outstanding options.

But I could easily be wrong just throwing out my guess. Not an expert by any means.
Melvin has made money the past couple of months shorting stocks again, they must be ok to start paying citadel back. Citadel wouldn’t want them to be in danger of being margin called cause it kills them as well in the end

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Establish an LLC, open a business bank account, run the proceeds through your business account...

already have all of that but doesn’t your brokerage take the taxes when you sale shares? I have some that do (fidelity for example) and some that just give you a tax sheet at the end of the year.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fidelity takes the taxes automatically??

Now I’m not sure if I have something set up the only position I ever sold was clover. But it took my taxes out when I sold it from my individual account.

where as M1 or Webull are would just give the full amount.

Daps
Now I’m not sure if I have something set up the only position I ever sold was clover. But it took my taxes out when I sold it from my individual account.

where as M1 or Webull are would just give the full amount.
That's fukked. I've never sold on fidelity. So I can't be having that shyt happen.

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
Real question, not trying to talk shyt.

Wall street got bailed out before, yeah true.

But that money went to the hands of a few.

What makes y'all think these firms aren't ready to file bankruptcy and start again if they gotta pay out crazy money?

Or them lobbying for a new law that prevents this?

:jbhmm:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Real question, not trying to talk shyt.

Wall street got bailed out before, yeah true.

But that money went to the hands of a few.

What makes y'all think these firms aren't ready to file bankruptcy and start again if they gotta pay out crazy money?

Or them lobbying for a new law that prevents this?

:jbhmm:

The DTCC will cover it if they go bankrupt. That’s an old law. And they put a rule in place allowing the funds to just give long positions (think pawn shop where you give shares for cash) to the NSCC/ DTCC and they will just loan them the money to pay it back over time. Basically stopping any major crashes due to this….