The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Multiple sources/brokers

Could probably find a few different ones for everyday of the past year.

Annnnnnd what does that tell you? You’ve seen several of these everyday for the last year. And the price continues to sink.

So…….. what, does that, tell you? :mjgrin:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
It tells me that it’s now officially down 33% YoY :russ::russ::russ:

But half the people in this thread didn’t buy either of these until May so why am I wasting breath.
Is that natural movement for a company that has a surplus of cash, a top tier board of executives and highly profitable forecast for the future?

Has hedgies covered and closed the short positions for gamestop?

I agree you are wasting your breath. I was hoping you would provide some info to backup your stance.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is that natural movement for a company that has a surplus of cash, a top tier board of executives and highly profitable forecast for the future.

Has hedgies covered and closed the short positions for gamestop?

I agree you are wasting your breath. I was hoping you would provide some info to backup your stance.

do they have to cover? They are making money both ways. Almost daily it’s shorts that squeeze

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, That's the reason that folks want to see a crash. Only way they could've got out is if companies went bankrupt.

I don’t see nothing that forces them to cover the shorts. I’m not seeing any type of forcing mechanism. It’s not like on the 1st they have to close all positions they’ve held shorts on each month. Basically what I am getting at is that I’m not seeing any think that stops them from continually kicking the can down the road.

And having a bunch of people holding allows them to further manipulate the stock either up or down as they see beneficial. Some clearly made money on the way down from the 70s and some will make money on the way back up.

even in the event of a fund being margin Called they could still hold amc and get rid of other positions like BBIG or some other crap.

At this point it has to be understood that this is rigged and the rules aren’t really enforced. So none of this the shorts have to cover stuff means much. I’m looking at reliance global group and they have a short interest of 172% and still haven’t covered. I can admit I took a swing for the fence and at one point it worked. I just got greedy thinking I could hit a grand slam instead of a double.

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Banks are closing branches to stay in the green. At some point they're gonna want/need their money to stay afloat. The market has loss trillions in 2022, assets don't hold the same weight as collateral a year ago. Crash> loss of liquidity > margin call.
Bank Branch Closures Hit Record: Dozens In Washington Shuttered
  • Wells Fargo & Co., internet closure of 267 branches, to 4,894.
  • U.S. Bancorp, internet closure of 257 branches, to 2,572.
  • Truist Financial Corp., internet closure of 234 branches, to 2,553.
  • Huntington Bancshares Inc., internet closure of 221 branches to 1,445.
  • Bank of America Corp., internet closure of 166 branches to 4,084.