The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:

Where are y’all setting your stop loss at? Might be smart to make it $20. If this goes beneath $20, it’s over.
Why is it over if it goes below 20? What has fundamentally changed about the play to make you think that? What factors made you go in to begin with? Have these factors changed in the last couple of months/weeks?

I'm not telling you to buy or sell, we are all adults. But at the end of the day, you gotta think logically. You got in for logical reasons, you might want to get out for logical reasons as well.

I feel like maybe some of you guys got in for emotional reasons which is why y'all are having trouble handling the volatility. If MOASS jumps off, trust me the emotions you are feeling now will be nothing compared to the volatility then. Shyt will go up and down, sell orders might take days to process. Starting to wonder if some of y'all are built for this...

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why is it over if it goes below 20? What has fundamentally changed about the play to make you think that? What factors made you go in to begin with? Have these factors changed in the last couple of months/weeks?

I'm not telling you to buy or sell, we are all adults. But at the end of the day, you gotta think logically. You got in for logical reasons, you might want to get out for logical reasons as well.

I feel like maybe some of you guys got in for emotional reasons which is why y'all are having trouble handling the volatility. If MOASS jumps off, trust me the emotions you are feeling now will be nothing compared to the volatility then. Shyt will go up and down, sell orders might take days to process. Starting to wonder if some of y'all are built for this...

This isn’t a fundamental play. You can’t use the normal investing logic with this one. Most of us aren’t in this stock because it was a strong company with a bright future. It’s strictly for moass.

The stock is extremely manipulated so the technical analysis isn’t that useful. It’s controlled and manipulated to the point that they can decide when and where to exploit it.

so if anything the only fundamentals involved were the community surrounding the stock and owning the float. But what has owning the float for us recently? This whole play and GME are not fundamental in any way. They were lottery tickets.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dude is not even necessarily wrong in his strategy. It's just a different approach. Where i disagree with him is that this is not an investment for Apes. This is like a technical analysis long play as far as I'm concerned. Yes you could make money trading it if you know what you are doing. I would argument most people don't know what they are doing. If your analysis leads to shorts having to cover triggering a squeeze, you are better off holding. Even this dude says he's gonna be buying the dip while some of y'all are talking about selling. Different types of players in the game. You got apes, traders investors, hedge funds, institutional investors, insiders, YOLOers... it's all part of the game. It's not about who is right or wrong. More than one could be right. It's about your perspective and timing. Imo, the simplest strategy is hodl but the hardest part is emotional control while watching people make bank trading thinking you could do the same. Who knew it could be so hard to stick to a simple strategy. Y'all are too focused on what others are doing...

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn’t a fundamental play. You can’t use the normal investing logic with this one. Most of us aren’t in this stock because it was a strong company with a bright future. It’s strictly for moass.

The stock is extremely manipulated so the technical analysis isn’t that useful. It’s controlled and manipulated to the point that they can decide when and where to exploit it.

so if anything the only fundamentals involved were the community surrounding the stock and owning the float. But what has owning the float for us recently? This whole play and GME are not fundamental in any way. They were lottery tickets.

I didn't mean "fundamentally" in terms of "stock fundamentals". I meant as far as the factors that made him buy in, what has changed?

Yes i agree that it is manipulated but it seems like the doors a closing one by one for the shorts. Debt my might become more expensive, big chinese companies where hedge fund hold bonds and stocks (which they might be using as collateral) folding, companies holding the same chinese assets and lending AMC stocks may call back shares, DOJ investigation on the way...

Like you said these are lottery tickets but seems like we got a couple of numbers already, might as well wait for all the numbers to be drawn instead of cashing in right away.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't mean "fundamentally" in terms of "stock fundamentals". I meant as far as the factors that made him buy in, what has changed?

Yes i agree that it is manipulated but it seems like the doors a closing one by one for the shorts. Debt my might become more expensive, big chinese companies where hedge fund hold bonds and stocks (which they might be using as collateral) folding, companies holding the same chinese assets and lending AMC stocks may call back shares, DOJ investigation on the way...

Like you said these are lottery tickets but seems like we got a couple of numbers already, might as well wait for all the numbers to be drawn instead of cashing in right away.

:russ: I have no choice but to wait I messed around and averaged up and I'm in a deep hole on this and GME...So I'm just going to end up holding. If I'm going to lose I'm taking it to the final whistle. It doesn't even make sense to liquidate now. I'm just going to have to find the money in another holding likely Palantir.