The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100% agree! Not only do you make way more typical gains on crypto you can also make it generally in a faster time period. Which is why government regulation is gonna be the death of crypto as we know it. These rich ppl are already manipulation crypto to some levels but it’s still not nearly as bad as the stock market. Ppl should be crying out and fighting tooth and nail to keep crypto unregulated and mostly decentralized.

Crypto scammers can mostly be dealt with with community innovation. Like the other day I read an article about the Squid Game token stealing millions from ppl who could buy but couldn’t sell it. I immediately thought why don’t these dexes get off their asses and create automatic tools that will read these token contracts and discern this stuff BEFORE ever listing such easily recognizable scam tokens. It will happen someday, maybe a new dex comes along and implements anti-scam features and we’ll all be better off for it.
I thought people were really on some get rich quick shyt over the gain% possible on crypto and I still have concerns over leverage use in the space but when you start to understand the belief systems behind Defi and some of the projects, it really is the future. And inevitable really. In the last year the Fed has really shown their asses, I don't see pandora's box closing.

Hopefully GME x Loopring blows the top off once and for all

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
original_403213977.png

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Can some explain this?
Hedgies beat the system by selling shares that are not in their possession. Ftd is when someone has bought a share (us) but hedgie never delivered it.

Hedge funds have been doing this endlessly, without paying for the previous shares they borrowed. It is assumed (proven) that all company issued shares of GME/ Amc have been in customers possession for several months. And that any all transactions occurring today are synthetic/ Naked shares.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word. Isn’t the general consensus that we need government intervention or otherwise hedgies can do this eternally? They offer me 10k a share and I’m out.
No

There are mechanisms. Proving the shorting through proven purchase of the float thus forcing the govt to intervine(VW squeeze), doing a dividend HF can't deliver like crypto/nft (Overstock squeeze) or direct registration of all the shares(CMKM case/VW squeeze).

Honestly for AMC heads only the last option is available since they aren't cash positive, but who knows how much it really costs to make a crypto fr. Direct registration of all the shares is yall best catalyst. AA is a clown and Gensler seems to be just as useless as all the other SEC chairs. Only thing with the DRS method is the SEC did cheat CMKM out their squeeze, and literally explained their actions for that reason.

GME is likely doing the crypto dividend and even if they're not GME apes are going full throttle on DRS.

It's sad but nikkas have to actually force the market to respect supply and demand

Daps
That new rule that was supposed to help us by limiting naked shorts and FTDs, NSCC-2021-010, was denied. The game is rigged and the odds are stacked against us. Don’t even know what to think or say anymore.

:francis: