The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not an exact correlation, the negative beta mostly shows generally what will happen. Plus amc and gme are heavily manipulated so it's near impossible to use TA on it.
So whatever catalyst happens, there's no way to really tell which way it would affect the shorts. Even if the market goes down it might not trigger margin calls if AMC is also going down simultaneously which would make short hedge funds still in the money...

Daps
So whatever catalyst happens, there's no way to really tell which way it would affect the shorts. Even if the market goes down it might not trigger margin calls if AMC is also going down simultaneously which would make short hedge funds still in the money...
I wouldn't say that. They're doing everything they can to keep it down now. If the market goes down you have to think of all the other positions they have tanking as well. All of their other positions dying off trigger the margin call.

They already have to be deep in the red since they started shorting amc in the single digits. One more major move would most likely do it.

Daps
I wouldn't say that. They're doing everything they can to keep it down now. If the market goes down you have to think of all the other positions they have tanking as well. All of their other positions dying off trigger the margin call.

They already have to be deep in the red since they started shorting amc in the single digits. One more major move would most likely do it.

This 100%.

A tanking market would give them less ammo to fukk with AMC/GME. If AMC dipped because of the market, people would probably load up on the dip to create upward buying pressure.

Hedgies would have a harder time suppressing the price.

It costs hedge funds a lot of money to do this. It only costs us the price of the stock (plus the opportunity cost of investing in other securities).

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This 100%.

A tanking market would give them less ammo to fukk with AMC/GME. If AMC dipped because of the market, people would probably load up on the dip to create upward buying pressure.

It costs hedge funds a lot of money to do this. It only costs us the price of the stock (plus the opportunity cost of investing in other securities).
We have to remember they used their Covid gov money to essentially short the whole market. amc/gme would only be one of their many problems

Daps
Should I dump my nio? I’m already in the red

:francis:
I think nio might be good long term but if China is really going to let this collapse and the contagion spreads yeah you might suffer some losses. Depends on your risk management and how big your losses are already. I never feel comfortable telling people what to do with their stocks because I'm no expert.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This 100%.

The two issues i see with this is that at some point the retail side doesn't have any more money to keep buying the dip. Im thinking most people already built a position and are holding until it pops off, not buying even more. At this point i think the key is institutional investors buying the dip to put more pressure. The second issue i see is that the type of people buying now are most likely traders. They go both ways. Im holding either way but like you and other people said, unless something major happens, this shyt could last years.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
They're not going take that lose I see.

Only hope is amc becomes legitimately so big and worth their debt that they don't feel fleeced. Amc better get some nfl, boxing/mma, and all types contracts to up their worth. And at the same time some shareholders have to fall off.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
They're not going take that lose I see.

Only hope is amc becomes legitimately so big and worth their debt that they don't feel fleeced. Amc better get some nfl, boxing/mma, and all types contracts to up their worth. And at the same time some shareholders have to fall off.

There’s only one play here for serious money. And it’s not in hopes of AMC becoming bigger than ever. This will always be a $25-$50/share stock.

The play here is the squeeze.

Daps
The two issues i see with this is that at some point the retail side doesn't have any more money to keep buying the dip. Im thinking most people already built a position and are holding until it pops off, not buying even more. At this point i think the key is institutional investors buying the dip to put more pressure. The second issue i see is that the type of people buying now are most likely traders. They go both ways. Im holding either way but like you and other people said, unless something major happens, this shyt could last years.
People call you a shill because, no matter any positive development, you constantly interject with bad faith takes under the guise of “just asking questions.” Every response of yours lends greater weight to a negative outcome than a positive one, each counterpoint to your transparent inquiries ignored as you check off another square on your bingo card of FUD.

:francis: