The age of ‘the car is king’ is over. The sooner we accept that, the better

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
So, I never got a car and never learned how to drive

I started "running streets" young, and was in jail by the time I was 18, and just had to go through all the steps to get back to a functional life, in my early 20's, so by the time I was 22, I just got public transportation to work, and little by little, started making more money and paying cabs. I lived in a metro area but it wasn't like NY.

So, around 2015 or so, rideshare became more ubiquitous and i started using in 2017, and have for years. Granted, I run by Lyft bill the fukk up sometimes, but in general, it works, and I hire moire private drivers now, because it's just a better experience.

Besides peoples perception,(that I must be broke, or not able to afford car) I don't care at all, despite some minor inconveniences. I even take public trans on a fairly regular basis.

Last edited:

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I live in Miami and have never stepped foot on public transportation here. Couldn’t even tell you what it costs.

The buses are beyond slow. There isn’t great train coverage and unlike NYC for example. Free parking is never an issue (aside from select tourist places like Miami Beach that most locals don’t even go to like that).

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
I support more walking trails and short cuts that are only accessible on foot. Encourage walking. If you need to drive close to your destination, fine, but the short walking trails will help get you there to reduce traffic around the location.

Even incorporation of trolleys would be nice

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Plus I live in LA.. this city transportation is horrible and hell no grandmothers and grandfathers wants to jump on a bus and travel 15 minutes or 30 minutes for groceries and have no way to get all those bags on a bus or Train

trolly dollys are very popular with grandmothers and grandfathers in NYC. you'll see them in bodegas, sueprmarkets, target, bj's or costco etc.

the elderly aren't the only ones that use them and people take them on buses and trains.

https://www.amazon.com/dbest-products-Trolley-Shopping-Foldable/dp/B016IFU69K

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Nah, I’m germaphobic and just prefer driving myself.

Not trying to be next to other people and their boogers, blood, farts, smells and cum.

I understand, been carrying and using hand sanitizer whenever I took the bus or train since I was in the 6th grade.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I'm a tell you something else people don't really let you in on about buses or public transportation people don't really rock with,:mjpls: that is shyt ghetto as fukk and a harbor for nut jobs and druggies. I GET it why people don't really wanna fukk with public transportation over having their own vehicle.

it isn't a surprise when people don't address societal ills that it bleeds over and negatively impacts the commons. homelessness, drug addiction and the mentally ill are ignored and their problems fester disturbing us all. address these underlying problems and people would have fewer objections to using public transportation.

Last edited:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Im all for increasing public transport, but in order for it to succeed Americans will have to change their whole world view on living and city life.

It won’t be applicable everywhere but cities with metros and the east coast will make the most development. New York, chicago, Jersey City are where i think will see the most improvement as everyone is more adapted to that lifestyle.

We also need to address the homeless and mentally ill issue at the same time. Public transport need to be safe and sanitary. No one wants be in a bus with a homeless person smelling like shyt or being harassed. Sorry but it’s the truth

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Even if ownership decreases, once electric becomes the norm it will increase again, most governments are not actually doing anything when it comes to urban mobility other than promising to only sell electric by X date since global warming is the hot topic.