The age of ‘the car is king’ is over. The sooner we accept that, the better

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Personal vehicles are going anywhere anytime soon.

Nobody is packing their family of 5 into a rideshare service to take theirs kids to soccer practice.

Your grandma isn’t going to ride an e-scooter to the doctor. Same with the handicapped.

thats why you have vans and school busses for such occasions.

we have access-a-ride in NYC but it's not perfect .. they pick-up the elderly or people with disabilities right outside their residence and drops them off where they need to go.

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Why does it have to all or nothing, why can’t it be 50% ice and 50% bev?
Because this is 2022 and social media has trained everyone to immediately think about themselves first/ only care about their own needs…which ultimately will make their own lives worse in the long run.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then you should support more public transportation so you can have less traffic.. see very simple.
Exactly.

More people need to know about induced demand.
When you make more roads and add more car lanes, all that does free up traffic in the short term, but as that becomes more enticing for drivers....more people drive...and eventually it makes driving and traffic worse.

Encouraging public transit makes it so that the only people on the road are those who want to drive or those who need to drive (like delivery or transport services). But you aren't forcing people to drive out of necessity for basic things -- which is a reality for much of North America. Study after study shows that the countries with the happiest drivers are actually the countries with the best public transit infrastructure. How about that? :sas2:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Then you should support more public transportation so you can have less traffic.. see very simple.

I'm a tell you something else people don't really let you in on about buses or public transportation people don't really rock with,:mjpls: that is shyt ghetto as fukk and a harbor for nut jobs and druggies. I GET it why people don't really wanna fukk with public transportation over having their own vehicle.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm a tell you something else people don't really let you in on about buses or public transportation people don't really rock with, that is shyt ghetto as fukk and a harbor for nut jobs and druggies. I GET it why people don't really wanna fukk with public transportation over having their own vehicle.
Plenty of buses and train systems around the world don't have this "ghetto" stigma nor this nut jobs and druggie problem.

You ever been to Japan? Or ANYWHERE that wasn't America?

If it's done right, it works like a charm.
Americans just need to decide they want it done right.

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I'm a tell you something else people don't really let you in on about buses or public transportation people don't really rock with,:mjpls: that is shyt ghetto as fukk and a harbor for nut jobs and druggies. I GET it why people don't really wanna fukk with public transportation over having their own vehicle.
Have you been out of the country to places like Amsterdam and tried their public transportation?
Public transportation is like that in some places in the US because it has been criminally underfunded. Look at the underlying problems and fix those instead of focusing on problems that won’t improve the lives of everyone and saying “well sucks for those people that have to ride”. That attitude exponentially increases your traffic time.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Plenty of buses and train systems around the world don't have this "ghetto" stigma nor this nut jobs and druggie problem.

You ever been to Japan? Or ANYWHERE that wasn't America?

If it's done right, it works like a charm.
Americans just need to decide they want it done right.
I have, I didn't ride public transportation there tho. I've rode the bus In Birmingham and Atlanta and.......well