‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
:russ:A lot of these og Star Wars fans should just give it up already. This isn’t George’s franchise anymore. No amount of criticisms, review bombing, or boycotting is going to change that. Disney owned the IP since 2012, and they’re doing whatever the fukk they want with it.
Unfortunately the same fanbase that constantly based George and the Prequels till we got the sequels. They will stay like this.

With that being said poor writing should be criticized. This show is the highlight of some of the best action for live action Star Wars. But much of everything else was very poor.

For example the entire show I didn’t give a fukk about the twins and if Sol and/or Qmir were the centerpiece of the show it would have been much better.

Regarding the crystal getting corrupted. The issue is why didn’t Anakin’s crystal get corrupted when they turn to the dark side at the very least before he fought Obi-wan.

Disney can do what they want, but at the same time canon lore inconsistencies absolutely deserve criticism.

I will always be a Star Wars fan through it all. Though I have come to Tamper my expectations with the franchise. .

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Unfortunately the same fanbase that constantly based George and the Prequels till we got the sequels. They will stay like this.

With that being said poor writing should be criticized. This show is the highlight of some of the best action for live action Star Wars. But much of everything else was very poor.

For example the entire show I didn’t give a fukk about the twins and if Sol and/or Qmir were the centerpiece of the show it would have been much better.

Regarding the crystal getting corrupted. The issue is why didn’t Anakin’s crystal get corrupted when they turn to the dark side at the very least before he fought Obi-wan.

Disney can do what they want, but at the same time canon lore inconsistencies absolutely deserve criticism.

I will always be a Star Wars fan through it all. Though I have come to Tamper my expectations with the franchise. .
:yeshrug: I 100% agree with you on the bold. But I doubt that will make a difference.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show was bad, bad. Characters motivation was retarded at so many parts and the writing was awful. Also, why did it look so cheap if the budget was apparently the biggest of all the Disney+ shows? The high republic jedi drip looked like some etsy/party city jawns smh look at how well house of the dragon and game of thrones do with the outfits and sets. Mind boggling.

But the biggest problem is the writing. Crazy how many people love Star Wars and how many writers are prob lining up to work on this stuff and yet the writing on these shows are always a problem. Obi Wan was just as bad and Ahsoka was only slightly better

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
:russ:A lot of these og Star Wars fans should just give it up already. This isn’t George’s franchise anymore. No amount of criticisms, review bombing, or boycotting is going to change that. Disney owned the IP since 2012, and they’re doing whatever the fukk they want with it.
Lucas's biggest haters were star wars fans. They hated him before prequels for not making another Star Wars movie after Return. They hated him after the Prequels, for making it kid friendly?????? And they hated him for selling it to Disney.

And for like 40 years LucasArts got shyt for having inconsistent and convoluted EU lore (this was completely justified).

SW has the worst fans of this genre because most of them have hated SW since they were children. Chasing a high they can't ever reach.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Lucas's biggest haters were star wars fans. They hated him before prequels for not making another Star Wars movie after Return. They hated him after the Prequels, for making it kid friendly?????? And they hated him for selling it to Disney.

And for like 40 years LucasArts got shyt for having inconsistent and convoluted EU lore (this was completely justified).

SW has the worst fans of this genre because most of them have hated SW since they were children. Chasing a high they can't ever reach.
:ehh:I agree I said it earlier in this thread
:mjlol:The Star Wars fandom has to be the worst fandom ever. I mean this fandom gives every actor/actress who touches this franchise shyt. They even treated the creator of the franchise like shyt. And let’s not forgot how they bullied a young Jake Lloyd. Nothing is wrong with sharing your opinions and criticisms about the franchise. But this fandom be attacking actors, directors, and is racist af.

:mjlol:The fandom as a whole just takes shyt to the extreme. Like I understand that different forms of media can mean a lot to people. But sending death threats, bullying actors, and saying a movie director raped your childhood. Because of some shytty Star Wars movies is too much. Remember this documentary the fandom been cooked.

Last edited:

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Yall not gonna please these cacs, aka "Star Wars fans" no matter what. They hate everything new, want everything old. Only want to see men on screen, no women, no colored folks. That being said, I'm not sure what they were trying to do with this show. I'll be surprised if it gets a Season 2. The ending was awful. The fights scenes throughout the show were good. I hate the switcheroo shyt that always happens in shows where there are twins. We still didn't really understand how they were "created". A lot more minus than plus.

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
Though I don't feel good about them using Yoda in a S2. Leave him out of it. I don't trust them after all the Luke stuff in The Last Jedi.
This has always aligned with Yoda's characterization since the original trilogy. He withholds information from Luke about his father, neglects to inform the Galactic Senate about the discovery of the Sith and their diminished ability in the Force in the Prequels, and even chooses not to disclose information about The Leveler during the High Republic novels—a powerful being that can siphon the Force from Jedi. Much of this behavior stems from his overconfidence, reflecting the hubris that eventually catches up with him and the Jedi in Revenge of the Sith. Even the camera pans downward to the back of his head when Vernestra reports to him, a technique typically used for villains or antagonists.