‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
I wonder who Qimir killed to get his red saber.

I wonder if that’s how he got his scars similar to Vader and Obi-wan.

I'm leaning towards.

1. Retconned Darth Venemis

2. Who he's rumored to be from a Jedi standpoint and prolly came across a Sith holocron and is just learning as he goes along. This leads to the possible Knight's of Ren origin since he hasn't shown Sith eyes like we see with the Plagueis cameo or physical deterioration from heavy dark side usage.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The scene was in Jabba's Palace, so he was just around. The original band was Sy Snootles, Max Rebo and Droopy McCool playing that flute thing.

0:15

Its so fukking obvious what was added and what wasn't. They had no reason for that goofy fukking alien dancing around. George Lucas ruined that shyt with his CGI addiction

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:leon:Goonies Star Wars? Can’t be any worse than the Acolyte.
f0697589c91782ce7d9ac716a41d401d01f3e14b.gifv
Could never replicate goonies types movies in the modern hollywood.

FIlms like that were marketed towards kids, but had alot of adult themes in them.

Stand by me had kids smoking cigarettes and shyt for example.

Here is a recent review of the Goonies.

I Can’t Believe this is rated PG!

We were looking forward to watching this with our 8 year old, 10 yr old, 12 yr old and 14 yr old but now i remember why I couldn’t remember anything from this movie from when I watched it as a kid— my parents probably didn’t let me watch the whole thing and I didn’t let my kids watch the whole thing either. The hanging dead body should have been my first clue. We turned it off when the “scary thing was chained up and being tortured”. We should have turned it off at the “sexual torture devices” part but I thought it’d get better. It didn’t.
Show more
This title has:

• Too much violence
  • Too much sex
  • Too much swearing
Trying to make a movie like the goonies will not hit the same, because 1) we are older 2) the children friendly films are even more tame than what we were used to as kids. It will essentially be more like Sesame Street with starwars references than Goonies

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Its so fukking obvious what was added and what wasn't. They had no reason for that goofy fukking alien dancing around. George Lucas ruined that shyt with his CGI addiction

Creatives will never stop tweaking things if you leave them to their own devices. A good/balanced editor lets you explore possibilities, without letting you wander off into the wilderness chasing down the latest ideas. Lucas lost his balance here and there because he insisted on trying to do everything himself after divorcing the editor that kept him on mission.

You can see the difference with Peter Jackson and the team he keeps around him.