‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I never really understood why this take is being popularized. Jedi dont take children without permission so its not kidnapping. And the whole child soldier critique is some modern day bs. If its normal in the SW universe then its not an issue. They’re not operating under real life morals/standards.

Are Hogwarts students child soldiers now? Was Harry Potter kidnapped by Hagrid?

It's just simple people fanboying the underdogs.

Yes the Jedi had weird members. There were 1000s of them and they had to build institutions. Someone like Sol should be serving egg noodles and spring rolls, not being given authority. But you'll always have fukk ups in big organisations.

The sith are less in number and all cool as fukk. But the Jedi weren't vaporising whole planets for power.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Its a weird narrative they went with for this series but thats essential it. A “magneto was right” type of story where the good guys are painted as dirty. The writing and acting is terrible so its not displayed the best but they are laying out the seeds eary as to why palps just took advantage of the mistrust for the Jedi.

This season couldve wrapped up the story and connect it to episode 1 but disney pulled a greedy business move to stretch this out. I hope that gamble pays off cause despite my feelings i would watch a season 2
Qmir plot line is by far the most interesting heading into S2 if it happens. I would be interested in seeing how it plays. Vernestra is definitely going to use Mae against Osha since Osha still remembers Mae. The way Vernestra described Sol might be hinting of herself, a rouge Jedi.

Though I don't feel good about them using Yoda in a S2. Leave him out of it. I don't trust them after all the Luke stuff in The Last Jedi.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This was pretty good. Fights were good and I was interested in the story. Still not enough Sith though. :beli:

I've never seen a Jedi take as many Ls as Sol though, I mean damn. He was dead and still taking Ls.

I'm down for a Season 2 :manny:
I mean he technically beat Qimir twice but that dang Osha kept stopping him.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's just simple people fanboying the underdogs.

Yes the Jedi had weird members. There were 1000s of them and they had to build institutions. Someone like Sol should be serving egg noodles and spring rolls, not being given authority. But you'll always have fukk ups in big organisations.

The sith are less in number and all cool as fukk. But the Jedi weren't vaporising whole planets for power.
The bigger point here is that we've spent the past 25 years watching less and less cool/good Jedi stories and that fukking sucks. I don't want to keep seeing dumb ass people that shouldn't be a Jedi "be relatable to our modern world" by fukking up and making stupid decisions because they can't help themselves.

You are right, the Order had 1000s of people and a lot of them had to be nothing to write home about. But show me the stuff that involved the Jedi that were heroes, not the burocratic bullshyt that made the Jedi fall off.

The jokes about them being a pedo cult is at least funny and people trying to make fun of the stupid shyt we've seen these people do time and time again for almost 3 decades now.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I think Osha or May are the ancestors of Shmi Skywalker. At least that's where I hope this story is going 🙏🏼.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
:yeshrug: :hubie:

The neck beards were right.

Summary:
A group of bigoted Jedi police kill an innocent black woman by mistake, because she made a sudden move, and then they try to cover it up. This happened because male Jedi were suspicious of a group of women using the force in a foreign way and they disobeyed their female jedi leaders

This is a hilarious but accurate description of this show :dead:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i know, but i shouldn't watch this crappy show then reflect back and think, "ya know something, all the Jedi are fukkin boring for the most part." way to ruin the actual good stuff. Disney Star Wars is definitely doing a good job at making me think Star Wars probably always fukkin sucked. great business model

Live action Jedi rankings:

1. Prequel Obi Wan
2. Yoda basically b/c he's a funny muppet
3. Mace for just being Sam Jackson
4. Whiney ass Luke
5. Rey
6. boring ass Qui Gon
7. Old ass Obi Wan
8. bytch ass Anakin
9. everyone who has been on Disney+ tied for last.

who am i missing? Donnie Yen would probably be top 3 if he was actually Jedi.

The Jedi ARE lame. Just like any other galactic space force. Time romanticized the Jedi in the same way we romanticize Samurai (who were just rich a$$holes with swords) and Cowboys (who for the most part were crazed murders and part of the eradication of native americans). This happens ALL THE TIME. Hell, you see people in America romanticizing ACTUAL NAZIS. So no it's not crazy that people in the SW universe would have an idealized version of Jedi post Empire.

In actuality they were a theocracy, that enforced THEIR rules and THEIR doctrine. We literally see them lie to the senate, cover up murders, spy on senators, create secret clone armies and more. The Jedi are not just kinda scummy, they were ACTIVELY scummy. Just because Yoda is funny and Mace Windu is cool doesn't change that. By the time Episode 1 rolled around the Jedi had been already stripped of much of their legislative and political power. (Probably because of the shyt we're seeing in this show.)

Lastly. Its'

Luke
Yoda
Mace
Palpatine
Prequel Obi-Wan
Anakin (Who would be right under Luke if he wasn't so up his own ass.)
Vader
Old Obi-Wan
Maul
Qui-Gon
Rey
Kylo Ren
Everyone Else