‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Luke was a little bytch and Han was always the star of the OG trilogy.

remember how fukkin cool you thought the Jedi mind trick was as a kid? they've basically never even expanded on that. Jedi haven't done anything much cooler than that in 50 years. fukkin lames
Luke's double flip over the Sarlac was kinda dope :manny:

And Kylo Ren stopping the blaster shot mid air was fire

EDIT: Wait that was Sith shyt lol

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'd give "cool jedi" label to Luke and Luke only but even then he became a teacher and tried to kill his nephew in his sleep because he had a "vision".

These are space cops who lie, hide evidence, are in a cult, see ghosts, kill their family members, etc...they put entire galaxies at risk because of prophecies and shyt...

Sidious is the GOAT force user, he got close to riding the world of these Narc ass cultists in one swoop
speaking of the bolded ... have we ever seen said prophecy? what book was it in and when was it written. Just thinking outloud to myself.. it was supposed to bring balance to the force but with the Sith "extinct" wasn't the force "balanced" in the Jedis eyes... or was balance to mean an equal amount of light and dark side users..

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They literally train child soldiers. They had no reason to try and split up those sisters from the coven.
i've always viewed the Jedi as the Catholic Church who makes the rules and everyone else forming groups as other denominations.

And the catholic church and Rome was used as an influence for how Goerge portrayed the imperial soldiers and with their colors

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
i've always viewed the Jedi as the Catholic Church who makes the rules and everyone else forming groups as other denominations.

And the catholic church and Rome was used as an influence for how Goerge portrayed the imperial soldiers and with their colors
Sure but when they're fighting space nazis who blow up planets and dress like the SS is pretty clear who heroes and villains are intended to be.

The prequels made it seem more like what you're saying but episodes 4-9 it's very clear who is who

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Sure but when they're fighting space nazis who blow up planets and dress like the SS is pretty clear who heroes and villains are intended to be.

The prequels made it seem more like what you're saying but episodes 4-9 it's very clear who is who
i never questioned who's good and bad... that was the post before me ...
I'm just saying i view the jedi as the catholic church who wants to make all the rules and are against any who thinks different... Im not posing a who's right and who's wrong

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
What visual star wars content are the Jedi not clear heroes before recently?
Yeah when you compare them to the Baneite Sith yeah they could seem like the good guys, overall though there is a reason the galaxy distrusted the Jedi. The visual media doesn't do a great job showing this, the books and other media always have.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
HELL YES they bad... they kidnap kids, child traffic ..... train children to be warriors...
I never really understood why this take is being popularized. Jedi dont take children without permission so its not kidnapping. And the whole child soldier critique is some modern day bs. If its normal in the SW universe then its not an issue. They’re not operating under real life morals/standards.

Are Hogwarts students child soldiers now? Was Harry Potter kidnapped by Hagrid?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean the light saber battle was cool, let's give it that.

Seeing the Jedi turn into space cops in a cult has absolutely ruined star wars for me. The Jedi fukkin SUCK.

I'm pro palpatine :hubie: fukk those cultist rebel scum.

Its a weird narrative they went with for this series but thats essential it. A “magneto was right” type of story where the good guys are painted as dirty. The writing and acting is terrible so its not displayed the best but they are laying out the seeds eary as to why palps just took advantage of the mistrust for the Jedi.

This season couldve wrapped up the story and connect it to episode 1 but disney pulled a greedy business move to stretch this out. I hope that gamble pays off cause despite my feelings i would watch a season 2