‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The episode in itself was good. Osha turning on Sol was good. Though the saber turning red :why:. How did the crystal turn red. Disney prob thought that it would look cool.

We got Plageius and Yoda cameos, which is cool. But we needed to see more of the former. Plageius and Qmir are def connected, but we got nothing but speculation.

Why is Vernestra hiding traces of Qmir by blaming it all on Sol. (Since Osha and Mae are connected to Qmir) Much like Sol, she is hiding shyt, but it more calm about it.

Most of the journey through this series wasn't good. The series was poorly written and was carried to some of the best action from Star Wars that we had of late. Episode 8 was by far the best episode outside of episode 5, which was entirely action. I would put this slightly better than Obi-Wan and Boba Fett for Star Wars D+ shows.

If this by some chance gets another season or continuation higher some competent writers, Disney :snoop:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
isn't that what she did?
No…:dahell:

She held the saber…and watched it turn red…

That is NOT the same thing as this…

If it’s this fukking mindless and easy…

how the fukk do you explain Anakins not turning instantly red when he had sith eyes in ROTS? It makes no sense…

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
No…:dahell:

She held the saber…and watched it turn red…

That is NOT the same thing as this…

seemed like she was clearly affecting the crystal with the force. It didn't just turn red on its own.
she was highly emotional just like the dude in that video. absolutely the same thing imo.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
seemed like she was clearly affecting the crystal with the force. It didn't just turn red on its own.
she was highly emotional just like the dude in that video. absolutely the same thing imo.
If a “highly emotional” state is all it takes how do you explain Anakins lightsaber not turning red the entire second half of ROTS???? Full sith eyes fighting obi wan after choking his girl and the saber is STILL BLUE…

Logically explain that bruh… :dahell:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If a “highly emotional” state is all it takes how do explain Anakons lightsaber not turning red the entire second half of ROTS????

Logically explain that bruh…
Edit: Anakins lightsaber, sorry i thought you siad Ashoka's for some reason.
1) Anakins wasn't in dispair or anquish until the very end of the movie. He betrayed the jedi, they didn't betray him. In fact he mentioned that from his point of view he was still fighting evil and try to save padme. Only scene it would make sense for his lightsaber to change color is when gets put in the vader suit. because he was genuinely upset at that point. but obi wan had already taken his lightsaber at that point.
But it appears to me based on these two example a powerful force user in a state of pain, anger or anguish was able to corrupt the crystal through sheer force of will, emphasis the word "force", One scene doesn't appear to contradict the other.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
i am prepared to say green woman might be the worst character in any big franchise of the past 10 years. acting-wise, looks-wise, character-wise. all of it taken into account. the nepoist baby we've seen in a long time.

there was 4 minutes of cool shyt in that episode, for a grand total of about 12 total on the entire show. good job!
I mean the light saber battle was cool, let's give it that.

Seeing the Jedi turn into space cops in a cult has absolutely ruined star wars for me. The Jedi fukkin SUCK.

I'm pro palpatine :hubie: fukk those cultist rebel scum.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I don't watch the cartoons. I don't know what you're referencing.
But it appears to me based on these two example a powerful force user in a state of pain, anger or anguish was able to corrupt the crystal through sheer force of will, emphasis the word "force", One scene doesn't appear to contradict the other.
Who is talking about cartoons?

I’m asking you about Revenge Of The Sith…aka Episode 3…third feature film of the prequel trilogy :dahell:

We’re done here fam, you clearly not a SW fan and have no idea what you’re talking about…

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Who is talking about cartoons?

I’m asking you about Revenge Of The Sith…aka Episode 3…third feature film of the prequel trilogy :dahell:

We’re done here fam, you clearly not a SW fan and have no idea what you’re talking about…
I edited the post, thought you meant ashoka not anakin.
but even this guy thinks is the same thing. ie a force user causing kyber bleeding
Not your random interpretation that she just watched it randomly happen. Which lets be honest, even if you don't like how it was portrayed do you really believe she had nothing to do it turning red?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Edit: Anakins lightsaber, sorry i thought you siad Ashoka's for some reason.
1) Anakins wasn't in dispair or anquish until the very end of the movie. He betrayed the jedi, they didn't betray him. In fact he mentioned that from his point of view he was still fighting evil and try to save padme. Only scene it would make sense for his lightsaber to change color is when gets put in the vader suit. because he was genuinely upset at that point. but obi wan had already taken his lightsaber at that point.
This makes no sense my guy…

You said it takes a highly emotional state to turn a saber red…Google search how Sith get their eyes and then try to answer my question… If all it requires is a highly emotional state to turn a lightsaber red…How did Anakins lightsaber not turn red when he had sith eyes???

Explain that using lore, not your opinion in defense of this show…

Edit: just for added reminder…Anakin also murdered younglings (5-10 year olds) in his rage in ROTS…That’s how angry and unstable he was and that lightsaber still didn’t turn red…

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This makes no sense my guy…

You said it takes a highly emotional state to turn a saber red…Google search how Sith get their eyes and then try to answer my question… If all it requires is a highly emotional state to turn a lightsaber red…How did Anakins lightsaber not turn red when he had sith eyes???

Explain that using lore, not your opinion…
"they must infuse that crystal with their pain, anger, and hatred, bending it to their will."

This how the process of turning it red is described verbatim in the lore. Osha clearly is meant to be depicted as having done that. She just found out the man she trusted her whole life murdered her mother and lied to her about it.

Anakin was operating entirely out of fear for almost the entire movie. Who did he hate? He didn't tell Obi wan he hated him until he lost his legs, He wasn't dealing with any pain or trauma until he found out Padme died after waking up. he was just scared of losing her and doing evil to prevent the pain for ever coming to fruition. Fear only lead to anger and hate, it isn't enough by itself to make him turn a kyber crystal red. until after the events of the movie.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
"they must infuse that crystal with their pain, anger, and hatred, bending it to their will."

This how the process of turning it red is described verbatim in the lore. Osha clearly is meant to be depicted as having done that. She just found out the man she trusted her whole life murdered her mother and lied to her about it.

Anakin was operating entirely out of fear for almost the entire movie. Who did he hate? He didn't tell Obi wan he hated him until he lost his legs, He wasn't dealing with any pain or trauma until he found out Padme died after waking up. he was just scared of losing her and doing evil to prevent the pain for ever coming to fruition. Fear only lead to anger and hate, it isn't enough by itself to make him turn a kyber crystal red. until after the events of the movie.
Anakin was scared of these kids bruh?:heh:

intro-1672265377.sm.webp

And I didn’t ask you how a crystal turns red, I asked you to look up how Sith get their eyes and explain how Anakin did that with his lightsaber remaining blue…

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show is in the same tier as ashoka, both are tier two. Ashoka no where near as good as Andor or Mandolorian

ashoka is not as good as andor and mando. i agree. but it still clears everything else disney has put out imo. and while it has some moments of inconsistency, they are not to the same degree as obi-wan. conversely, obi-wan's inconsistencies look a lot better on a second viewing after seeing how uneven the acolyte was.

no way in hell i'd put acolyte on the same tier as ashoka. the latter had better performances + writing across the board, even when it was too focused on sabine wren or too ambitious for its own good.

qmir carried acolyte: he was the best thing in the show and mae/osha's performance improves significantly every single time she shared the screen with him... and yet he (and a lot of important threads) was fighting for air-time with 2nd/3rd-string jedi and a fukking bear-dog in an aviator helmet?

it's a shame too. because they're trying to tell a great story imo (the jedi as an institution are not what they sell themselves as, they kinda deserved the comeuppance they eventually received... and btw... this is how plageius did it!). they just didn't do a good job with it.