‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
How was Osha more powerful than Mae? Aren't they supposed to be the same?

First ever sight of Darth Plageius and he's hiding in the bushes like a sex pest.

Last episode was good, but I can foresee the next season again being 7 episodes of :francis: with a good finale.

If they kill off the z listers (maybe lock osha naked in a bacta tub for sith "experiments") and move it to actually being about a storyline similar to the Plageius book, the show would be :ohlawd:
Well that makes sense. The Sith have the primary goal of survival at this point.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
The thing is though, the Jedi were completely blind sided by the sith in the prequel era. Now we have the high council knowing about some dark side shyt going on. Even Stevie Wonder could see that someone had to be deep in the dark side to take out Sol's whole squad and wipe the girl's memory.

Next season's going to be on some 50 shades of grey tip. The dominatrix sessions turned Qmir out.

They already have Osha and Qmir looking like a twilight couple this season.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of y'all I'm just convinced are complaining just to be complaining. This isn't the best show ever, but it ain't as bad as y'all making it out to be. It's definitely one of the better Disney Star Wars shows.

tier one: ashoka, andor, mandolorian
tier two: obi-wan, tales of the jedi
tier three: acolyte, tales of the empire, boba fett

it SHOULD be tier one. but they spent way too much time on the least interesting parts of the story, some of the actors were legit trash, and the show refused to embrace it's strengths: fight choreography, a good enough handle on the lore to subvert fan expectations, the arrogance of the jedi, the qmir/osha relationship, and a clear long-term plan (plageius + palpatine + anakin).

plageius, palpatine, yoda, qmir and osha, a connection to anakin's origin story all at their disposal... and all we got were 7 1/2 episodes of "what happened with mae and the witches?" FOH.

i really liked this show for the potential of what it could be. but what it is currently is average + uneven. at best.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

it SHOULD be tier one. but they spent way too much time on the least interesting parts of the story, some of the actors were legit trash, and the show refused to embrace it's strengths: fight choreography, a good enough handle on the lore to subvert fan expectations, the arrogance of the jedi, the qmir/osha relationship, and a clear long-term plan (plageius + palpatine + anakin).

plageius, palpatine, yoda, qmir and osha, a connection to anakin's origin story all at their disposal... and all we got were 7 1/2 episodes of "what happened with mae and the witches?" FOH.

i really liked this show for the potential of what it could be. but what it is currently is average + uneven. at best.
This show is in the same tier as ashoka, both are tier two. Ashoka no where near as good as Andor or Mandolorian

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

:salute:Agree

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
that’s not how I read it. She’s just repeating Indara’s mistake.

Seems like they are echoing Luke and Ben Solo.
Why does the stranger have those whip marks on his back. He looked terrified when she showed up. Something up with her

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: :hubie:

The neck beards were right.

Summary:
A group of bigoted Jedi police kill an innocent black woman by mistake, because she made a sudden move, and then they try to cover it up. This happened because male Jedi were suspicious of a group of women using the force in a foreign way and they disobeyed their female jedi leaders

Last edited:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
This show is in the same tier as ashoka, both are tier two. Ashoka no where near as good as Andor or Mandolorian

Both have potential though.

Ahsoka if it really goes multi season heavy on Thrawn's war, it will be :dead:. Dudes the most interesting non-Sith villain in the Star Wars universe.

Likewise if they have the nuts to shift the Acolyte into Plagueis's come up and run up to the phantom menace, it'll be GOAT tier.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Show had goat potential. Episodes were too short everything felt so rushed.

It's basically a prequel. Good lore but told in a strange way with bad acting and bad writing in the mix. Old heads hated the prequels until recently. I think this will be loved in a few years for the story it's telling.

That being said I think Vernesta is evil. Hope we get a proper season 2
Yea it kinda was a love letter to the prequels.

They just needed to cut the dead weight around it and make the twins more likable. Or let us see it from Sol or The Stranger's POV mostly.

Breh playing The Senator made think that should have been a plot point much earlier in the season.

Think of Colin Farrell's character in Minority Report

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ultimately i just want more spaceship dog fight action in starwars again. People too obsessed with jedi.

They Forget that the first two movies were carried by the ship battles,, battle of hoth, death star trench run, asteroid field battle, stuff like that been missing from these starwars tv shows. Andor was the best starwars show weve gotten and unsurprisingly it had a greater share of spaceship action

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Dude did the same thing the video game Jedi Survivor.
i think its been part of canon for a minute
No he didn’t, the saber didn’t magically turn red by looking at it…Dude in the game corrupted the crystal which is how it’s done in cannon…