‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
All things considered this was a good episode. Very good action and plot finally moved forward with the expected reveals. Cool to see Plagueis, and they were smart on giving themselves the leeway to deny it was him if things fall apart with the show, which is the most likely scenario anyways.

I don't know what more confirmation fans would want that the twins story was by far the weakest part of this show and it did not need to be the main thread/focus. I feel like this whole thing could've been three 42 minute episodes of a ten episodes series and by ep.4 we move away from Osha/Mae and focus on what people actually give a fukk about: Sith fukkery.

They did their best to ask for a second season but this was such a mid experience that I honestly don't know why Disney would give the OK to spend 100+ million (for some dumb ass reason, it seems they can't keep these shows cheaper) for 8 more episodes.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
It feels like everyone did what they needed to do.

Sol basically carried the emotional weight of the episode. Still believing he did the right thing.

Venestra covered it up but I’m guessing she’s more worried about Qmir.

Set up for Palpatine.

They needed to answer what is so dangerous about creating life that way.
you'd be able to, theoretically, make an army of highly powerful force users...or maybe you wouldn't even need that many.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
i'm starting to feel like this rule of two is really more of a "king of the hill" style of power transfer, it doesn't always mean just two sith are around as much as it means it will always boil down to two. i also think both osha and qimir are gonna die by the end of the series
There's probably an in cannon explanation in comics/books that I haven't read but my read on the Rule of 2 is that the Sith apprentice at some point starts his quest to get his own underling that will help kill the Sith Lord. And the Sith Lord tends to look for a backup apprentice in case the official one isn't up to par. But officially, there's only 1 Sith Lord and 1 Sith apprentice, they just are in constant battle to up their rank + gain more power (the apprentice) or get more powerful (Sith Lord).

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they shytted all on Sol's legacy; he was basically Qui Gon before there was Qui Gon.

other than that, i'm happy to see the appearance of two of the oldest force users, even if it was only cameo styled.

fights were good but i thought they showed too many sensitive moments between osha and mae while being around a sith, but i guess they're all for emotion manipulation so it might not be far fetched that more "human" moments would occur, not just dark emotions all the time.

but, this just shows lack of depth with writing; that sinister element that is behind sith manipulation could have been implied and made the scenes stronger. only a fan or an experienced writer that knows enough about the SW story and story writing in general would consider that direction and imply that.

i enjoyed venestra's performance as well.

also, this rounds out the vergence theory; basically the witches figured it out first, but now the sith are gonna learn how to do it and i guess it'll hash out over the next couple of seasons.

i'm starting to feel like this rule of two is really more of a "king of the hill" style of power transfer, it doesn't always mean just two sith are around as much as it means it will always boil down to two. i also think both osha and qimir are gonna die by the end of the series
The apprentice typically finds and underling to help him or her to kill their master. Vader was Palpatine's apprentice but he was also trying to get Luke so they could take over.

I'm guessing Qimir is an apprentice of Plaguies while he is the apprentice of Darth Tenebrous

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
but, this just shows lack of depth with writing; that sinister element that is behind sith manipulation could have been implied and made the scenes stronger. only a fan or an experienced writer that knows enough about the SW story and story writing in general would consider that direction and imply that.
in a weird way I’m glad they didn’t do the stereotypical the Sith are evil darkside users so here is all the usual evil beats.

The series went a long way to make the coven a moral grey user of the force. Making Osha’s turn a maniacal laugher of evil would undercut it.

I wondered a few days ago if this series was really just an echo of the Anakin story with just without the obvious tragedy of Palpatine manipulating him. That seems to be exactly what it ended up

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
in a weird way I’m glad they didn’t do the stereotypical the Sith are evil darkside users so here is all the usual evil beats.

The series went a long way to make the coven a moral grey user of the force. Making Osha’s turn a maniacal laugher of evil would undercut it.

I wondered a few days ago if this series was really just an echo of the Anakin story with just without the obvious tragedy of Palpatine manipulating him. That seems to be exactly what it ended up
yeah i feel that. there's just gonna have to be a moment of betrayal though. just like mae had with qimir. but i expect better writing to demonstrate that tendency with the users of the dark side or sith at least

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
yeah i feel that. there's just gonna have to be a moment of betrayal though. just like mae had with qimir. but i expect better writing to demonstrate that tendency with the users of the dark side or sith at least
I’m still not convinced Qmir is a traditional Sith.

With that figure showing up after Osha tapped into the force in such a strong way, it feels like the setup is Qmir just fell vs being tempted.

Yoda knowing about him makes it seem that way to keep motivations in line with the future.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
There's probably an in cannon explanation in comics/books that I haven't read but my read on the Rule of 2 is that the Sith apprentice at some point starts his quest to get his own underling that will help kill the Sith Lord. And the Sith Lord tends to look for a backup apprentice in case the official one isn't up to par. But officially, there's only 1 Sith Lord and 1 Sith apprentice, they just are in constant battle to up their rank + gain more power (the apprentice) or get more powerful (Sith Lord).
Darth Bane created the rule of 2 after studying Revand holocrons and came up with the idea. There's such a misstep not utilizing his trilogy as a series:snoop:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
  • Half the cast didn't even matter whatsoever. We could've killed those redshirt cannon fodder Jedi in episode one because they were irrelevant to the story.
  • Who the fukk was that watching at the end? Why even preview that mystery which will never be resolved? If it's Darth plagues....fukk off.
  • The whole storyline of the Jedi being under review of the counsel and the black dude showing up could've been the real story thread two and been compelling. The Jedi hiding the truth of the past is more compelling than Sol's journey.
  • Great lightsaber fight for sure...a goat tier.
  • We could've cut out two episodes easily...we should've gotten to the reveal of Qmir and the death of the Jedi early in episode two. The other two could've been used for more compelling story.
  • Wasn't this sold as a series about the rise of the Sith???? Did you feel that this paid this promise off?
  • Yoda? fukk off

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching the finale. I get what they were going for in some places, in terms of the reversal of the two sisters and some concepts. But the execution to get there as a whole was mostly :francis: for me.

On the positive side, I will say this was probably the strongest episode for Amandla in terms of acting.
The action was on point, 2nd best episode in terms of the series.

Sol being stubborn again, the decision to pull the twin switch, and some of the hints at important characters mostly left me cold. Also looking back, most of the talent they had really wasn't used to the full potential.