‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I agree... This show was not as advertised. I was expecting to see 2 sith doing things in the shadows and passing on tradition to other sith and etc. In the sith temple and learning about the prophecy (which i still dont know what prophecy Yoda and Mace are talking about). experimenting with life and medichlorians and etc.
perhaps show a younger sifo dyas learn of the sith and flirt with the dark side and learn about where to make clones

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ill have my own review/rant when this is all over but this show, to me, is not what was advertised. Its more like a CW coming of age teen drama with a Star Wars skin over it. And with the amount of unanswered questions, that wont be all answered in the finale i bet you, you can tell this was just a season to “set things up”. Were they so confident on a season 2 to set it up this way? :mjlol:

I think Hedland was trying to incorporate too many concepts in this show and they all ended up falling flat. She shouldnt be the headrunner if there is a season 2 of this going forward.

Ehh...I don't know about it being like a "CW coming of age teen drama" when pretty much all of the characters (outside of flashbacks) are adults.

But I agree, there should've been way more of the Sith in general. The one Sith we have seen is pretty cool but he hasn't gotten much screen time. But I don't think the show is bad, just not what a lot of people were expecting. Probably about average as far as Disney Star Wars shows. Not as good as Mandalorian, but better than Boba Fett.

That said, I do think some of the visceral hate for the show just comes down to "too many women and black people, therefore it's woke trash :mad:".

Despite the lack of screentime, this Sith guy is WAY more threatening than Kylo Ren ever was.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
I dropped this after the 2nd episode

It's insane how down bad Star Wars is, the potential that was possible back when it was first aquired by Disney was ridiculous

I have no clue how Kennedy is still employed, she has been systemically killing the brand for years and there's no let up with this shytty Rey movie in the works

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I dropped this after the 2nd episode

It's insane how down bad Star Wars is, the potential that was possible back when it was first aquired by Disney was ridiculous

I have no clue how Kennedy is still employed, she has been systemically killing the brand for years and there's no let up with this shytty Rey movie in the works

a lot of the films made money. those financials were enough to save her.

now they are failing critically and financially something might get done.

Screenshot-2024-07-16-at-23-57-01.png

Mazino

All Star
Daps
a lot of the films made money. those financials were enough to save her.

now they are failing critically and financially something might get done.

Screenshot-2024-07-16-at-23-57-01.png
Initially thast wass the case but It ended up being a case of diminishing returns, the films progessively made less and less money

By the time The Rise fo Skywalker released the trilogy had dropped from TFA with $2b to Rise of Skywalker with $1b, that is a huge drop off and shows what audiences really thought of the triliogy by the end

But yeah now that it is super watered down and people don't look at the property the same way at all and I don't forsee her lasting because she isn't learning any lessons from her failures, this latest offering from the Acolyte demonstrates how far its fallen as a property

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It feels like everyone did what they needed to do.

Sol basically carried the emotional weight of the episode. Still believing he did the right thing.

Venestra covered it up but I’m guessing she’s more worried about Qmir.

Set up for Palpatine.

They needed to answer what is so dangerous about creating life that way.

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Ehh...I don't know about it being like a "CW coming of age teen drama" when pretty much all of the characters (outside of flashbacks) are adults.

But I agree, there should've been way more of the Sith in general. The one Sith we have seen is pretty cool but he hasn't gotten much screen time. But I don't think the show is bad, just not what a lot of people were expecting. Probably about average as far as Disney Star Wars shows. Not as good as Mandalorian, but better than Boba Fett.

That said, I do think some of the visceral hate for the show just comes down to "too many women and black people, therefore it's woke trash :mad:".

Despite the lack of screentime, this Sith guy is WAY more threatening than Kylo Ren ever was.
I saw so many posts calling it the blackolyte after the first episode. I already knew what it was after seeing that

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
they shytted all on Sol's legacy; he was basically Qui Gon before there was Qui Gon.

other than that, i'm happy to see the appearance of two of the oldest force users, even if it was only cameo styled.

fights were good but i thought they showed too many sensitive moments between osha and mae while being around a sith, but i guess they're all for emotion manipulation so it might not be far fetched that more "human" moments would occur, not just dark emotions all the time.

but, this just shows lack of depth with writing; that sinister element that is behind sith manipulation could have been implied and made the scenes stronger. only a fan or an experienced writer that knows enough about the SW story and story writing in general would consider that direction and imply that.

i enjoyed venestra's performance as well.

also, this rounds out the vergence theory; basically the witches figured it out first, but now the sith are gonna learn how to do it and i guess it'll hash out over the next couple of seasons.

i'm starting to feel like this rule of two is really more of a "king of the hill" style of power transfer, it doesn't always mean just two sith are around as much as it means it will always boil down to two. i also think both osha and qimir are gonna die by the end of the series

Last edited: