‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Pretty good episode, started out a little show but the fighting was great (this show probably has the best fights since the prequels) and I wasn't really disappointed with the reveal. There was a little too much recapping things we've already seen but it didn't ruin it.

Sol must be the Jedi Master of Ls though. Busts his lightsaber too quick and kills someone's mama, his apprentice ends up leaving the order anyway, then he loses his entire team to a random Sith, then gets shot and fooled by Mae.

Dude stays losing :damn:

My only disappointment was that I thought the Sith would be involved. We better get something about Darth Plagueis in this last episode :ufdup:
I think Plagueis has to be involved. Seems like the twins are practice for Aniken creation. Just with both consciousness within one body.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
That wasn’t the root of their problem.

Mae asked Osha to choose her this time

The entire flashback was Osha rejecting Mae.
The reason Mae burned the book was Osha hid it from her.
Osha went to the tree to get away from her.
Osha choosing the Jedi.
Osha not wanting to ascend with her.
The coven was at odds cause the mom chose Osha’s happiness over theirs.

The mom’s death was an effect not the cause
Okay, but that means you just never tell Osha that Sol dropped mom? That just doesn't make sense dude.

It's the same as Mae being like "Well, Osha's alive, fukk it, I'm gonna turn myself in"..like what?

The writing on this show is messy dude. Coming from a guy who wants to see this show succeed.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pretty good episode, started out a little show but the fighting was great (this show probably has the best fights since the prequels) and I wasn't really disappointed with the reveal. There was a little too much recapping things we've already seen but it didn't ruin it.

Sol must be the Jedi Master of Ls though. Busts his lightsaber too quick and kills someone's mama, his apprentice ends up leaving the order anyway, then he loses his entire team to a random Sith, then gets shot and fooled by Mae.

Dude stays losing :damn:

My only disappointment was that I thought the Sith would be involved. We better get something about Darth Plagueis in this last episode :ufdup:
I'm sure we will. We'll find out Plagueis is either Qimir's master, or Plagueis (or Plagueis real apprentice) will kill off Qimir for being false Sith.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Apparently this finale is going to leave a couple loose threads to tee up a 2nd season (that there's almost no chance this show gets lol).

bcw8x.gif
that-was-a-mistake-mistake.gif

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Okay, but that means you just never tell Osha that Sol dropped mom? That just doesn't make sense dude.

It's the same as Mae being like "Well, Osha's alive, fukk it, I'm gonna turn myself in"..like what?

The writing on this show is messy dude. Coming from a guy who wants to see this show succeed.
Then you go after Sol only wouldn’t you?

Telling her Sol killed her would destroy her trust in Sol but that wouldn’t get her back on your side cause like I said, Sol and the Jedi weren’t the issue.

You’re thinking like an ex who thinks if he ruins the new relationship then the ex will come back but you fail to realize you broke up for a reason.

This ain’t Kill Bill where all of the assassins are to blame.

Her mission has been revenge on all of them and we now know only two of them actually killed the coven. Kelnacca was 100% innocent.

The writing is telling you why she’s attacking all of them is because they destroyed the family but she finds out Osha is alive so there is one thread remaining. Qmir misunderstood this too. Mae just wanted revenge she had no ideals higher.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Apparently this finale is going to leave a couple loose threads to tee up a 2nd season (that there's almost no chance this show gets lol).

bcw8x.gif

it's good to keep all those secrets when you have no true story to tell after the reveals.

when "secret hiding" is the best story you have.

:hhh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think Plagueis has to be involved. Seems like the twins are practice for Aniken creation. Just with both consciousness within one body.

I wonder if they will recon that Luke/Leia are the same. (It would be kind of silly, but they ARE twins even though non-identical)

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I wonder if they will recon that Luke/Leia are the same. (It would be kind of silly, but they ARE twins even though non-identical)
Since they were conceived the natural way they would be different and not identical in the force. They could make them a dyad and since Leia was never trained it shouldn't change anything in canon.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since they were conceived the natural way they would be different and not identical in the force. They could make them a dyad and since Leia was never trained it shouldn't change anything in canon.

That Dyad stuff was the silliest shyt i ever heard even after midichlorians. This show is a watered down alcoholic drink that they think viewers will just keep sipping until they are finally twisted.

Only reason im watching the finale is because i already invested my time into the show but the eventual cancellation wont shock me. Id be surprised if they extend it on some defiant “fukk the fans we giving u more seasons of this”

:russ:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

bcw8x.gif
I cool, with an episode having a cliff hanger. even a movie sometimes.
But an entire season is enough time to tell a complete story.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Ill have my own review/rant when this is all over but this show, to me, is not what was advertised. Its more like a CW coming of age teen drama with a Star Wars skin over it. And with the amount of unanswered questions, that wont be all answered in the finale i bet you, you can tell this was just a season to “set things up”. Were they so confident on a season 2 to set it up this way? :mjlol:

I think Hedland was trying to incorporate too many concepts in this show and they all ended up falling flat. She shouldnt be the headrunner if there is a season 2 of this going forward.