‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I want to see someone versed in both sides of the force. someone like a wolverine.

mace windu - was able use some aspects of the dark side without turning evil.
" It explains that Windu is the creator and sole master of Vaapad, a form of lightsaber combat which skirts dangerously close to the dark side"

and in a way ...

qui gon jin - followed the living force no matter what.

-

i think revan was both
timestamped

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
My biggest problem with this show is how it drags everything put. They made a 5 episode tv show and padded it stretch 8.

They could've wrapped it up and still had a compelling story. Combine episode with 7 and show it towards the end of the season. Or sprinkle bits of episode 3/7 into flashbacks like S1 Witcher did.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go back and watch it. He saw a bunch of out of context images that did make the cult seem dangerous.

Plus the coven thought the Jedi were there tracking them when in reality they Jedi really did have no idea they were there and the council said leave them alone. Indara told him several times different cultures practice differently.
Yeah it was pretty much Sol that was way out of line.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
He acted like a Padawan, that's what was weird to me. The Jedi in general in this show are emotional as hell and either very incompetent or hilariously secretive for no good reason.

That's why I harp on the writing, very few things flow naturally on this show. A lot of it feels like it's forced.
I mean there must have been a reason the Jedi didn’t want him to get his own padawan.

He is obviously strong physically but Indara had the right idea in how she was training her padawan and he overstepped to teach Torbin.

Torbin obviously got better spiritually as a Jedi because of this incident but the facts of what happened still ate at him.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Why didn't Mae tell Osha who killed their mom. They were alone together for a while before Osha got knocked out.

It was literally the most importing thing that happened in their lives.
That wasn’t the root of their problem.

Mae asked Osha to choose her this time

The entire flashback was Osha rejecting Mae.
The reason Mae burned the book was Osha hid it from her.
Osha went to the tree to get away from her.
Osha choosing the Jedi.
Osha not wanting to ascend with her.
The coven was at odds cause the mom chose Osha’s happiness over theirs.

The mom’s death was an effect not the cause

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I actually liked the crazed Wookiee. I feel like this show could use a little more action like that :yeshrug:.

I don't think anyone said it after last weeks episode, so I'll say it now:
Qimir sais that HIS master rejected him and stabbed him in the back. Doesn't sound like he's talking about a Jedi. Also, when Osha said she never heard of a Jedi leaving the order, he said "That was a LONG time ago". Also, when she asked what he wanted, he said something like "looking for his own Power of Two".

Putting all that together, this is the guess I come up with:
Qimir is much older than a 'normal' human being. He left the Jedi order ages ago (well before Osha was born) and tried to become the Sith apprentice to one of the "named" Darth Sith we've heard about (e.g., Plagieus, Tenebrous, etc), BUT he got rejected and went into hiding for decades.

Now, he's his own "splinter" Sith faction, with the goal of setting up his OWN "Power of Two" to replace the current reigning "Dark Lord of The Sith". But in the mean time, so much time has passed that his former master/current "Darth" has probably taken on another apprentice (Plagieus, or even Palpatine if it turns out he's secretly older than we always thought).

So, his end goal is not to wipe out the Jedi yet, its to get an apprentice strong enough to take out a REAL Sith Lord.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I actually liked the crazed Wookiee. I feel like this show could use a little more action like that :yeshrug:.

Qimir sais that HIS master rejected him and stabbed him in the back. Doesn't sound like he's talking about a Jedi. Also, when Osha said she never heard of a Jedi leaving the order, he said "That was a LONG time ago". Also, when she asked what he wanted, he said something like "looking for his own Power of Two".

Qimir is much older than a 'normal' human being. He left the Jedi order ages ago (well before Osha was born) and tried to become the Sith apprentice to one of the "named" Darth Sith we've heard about (e.g., Plagieus, Tenebrous, etc), BUT he got rejected and went into hiding for decades.

Now, he's his own "splinter" Sith faction, with the goal of setting up his OWN "Power of Two" to replace the current reigning "Dark Lord of The Sith". But in the mean time, so much time has passed that his former master/current "Darth" has probably taken on another apprentice (Plagieus, or even Palpatine if it turns out he's secretly older than we always thought).

So, his end goal is not to wipe out the Jedi yet, its to get an apprentice strong enough to take out a REAL Sith Lord.
Nah, he clearly his light whip scars on his back. They've only shown one light whip in the series, And the green is supposed to be over 100 years old,
Pretty clear he was her apprentice at some point and shes the one who tossed him away,
Question is , who is he serving now?

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South

The Yord guy recognized him with his helmet off before he was killed, so he was definitely and ex-jedi.

Edit: So I just remembered he saw him in Ep.2 as well. So he could be referring to that moment and not a sighting in the jedi academy.