‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
To be clear, I don't hate this show, it's still a decent watch. I just think the flaws are so glaring that it's impossible not to point the out and/or making fun of them.

Having said all that, it has shown how useless Jedi are. Not sure we needed more demythification of the Jedi after all we've been presented with the past 24 years :pachaha:
I rank it above Book of Boba fett and Kenobi, because some of their flaws really bothered me more.
But clearly way below andor and Mandalorian.
Maybe tied with ashoka

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Why rehash the first episode again? They basically replayed the same thing. For only so few episodes they’ve wasted a lot of just flashbacks and discussing good and evil.
I mean in theory is not a bad idea to explain the mystery from a different POV but when in the end there wasn't any mystery, no big reveal happened and it's basically the exact same scenes with a different camera angle and a couple of new dialogue....yeah, it's a complete waste of an ep.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I meant episode 3 was pointless.
The tragedy of the story is misunderstanding.

We only know how Sol messed up cause we the audience have a fuller picture of what the coven was doing in ep 3.

Sol only sees the mother attacking the kids and talking about their enemies in ep7. Osha jumps behind her sister for defense. It looks like the girls are being indoctrinated

In ep 3 we see mother Aniseya talking about the force/thread/ power of one two and many. It doesn’t look menacing

The content of both eps is needed but how it was relayed to the audience I quibble with

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
And Mother Aniseya being :birdman: at Sol and Torbin only to get killed and THEN telling Sol "but I was gonna let Osha go though :sadcam:"

Or Indara being level headed throughout this whole thing, only to cave in at the end because that's what the episode needed her to do.
Aniseya straight told Koril they weren’t going to use violence against the Jedi. Koril was the only one being:birdman: As soon as the asked about the origin of the girls she went on defense. Aniseya’s first action was to help Mae.

Indara and Kelnacca would have been 100 fine before the council. Only Torbin and Sol were going to face discipline. Protecting her Padawan and making sure an orphan girl had some kind of future seem logical to me.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Pretty good episode, started out a little show but the fighting was great (this show probably has the best fights since the prequels) and I wasn't really disappointed with the reveal. There was a little too much recapping things we've already seen but it didn't ruin it.

Sol must be the Jedi Master of Ls though. Busts his lightsaber too quick and kills someone's mama, his apprentice ends up leaving the order anyway, then he loses his entire team to a random Sith, then gets shot and fooled by Mae.

Dude stays losing :damn:

My only disappointment was that I thought the Sith would be involved. We better get something about Darth Plagueis in this last episode :ufdup:

Karume

All Star
Daps
I want to see someone versed in both sides of the force. someone like a wolverine.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did Sol come off as a total creep to anyone else?

Dude was obsessed with little Osha after seeing her once.

Whats fukked up is that the Jedi and Sol especially dont know shyt about the witches' culture but Sol just assumed that they were up to no good with the girls.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Did Sol come off as a total creep to anyone else?

Dude was obsessed with little Osha after seeing her once.

Whats fukked up is that the Jedi and Sol especially dont know shyt about the witches' culture but Sol just assumed that they were up to no good with the girls.
Go back and watch it. He saw a bunch of out of context images that did make the cult seem dangerous.

Plus the coven thought the Jedi were there tracking them when in reality they Jedi really did have no idea they were there and the council said leave them alone. Indara told him several times different cultures practice differently.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I feel like Ahsoka was better than this show but the expectations were higher.
Ahsoka story was less interesting, (i just find myself being more curious about the backstory in the acolyte, than i do about space whales) but the character were more fleshed out and consistent in their motives, and the flashbacks were better,
but the action in ahsoka was subpar compared to this.
Both shows were carried by the supporting cast, with the lead actress being the most boring part.
but i give a slight edge to rosario over this lady.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Go back and watch it. He saw a bunch of out of context images that did make the cult seem dangerous.

Plus the coven thought the Jedi were there tracking them when in reality they Jedi really did have no idea they were there and the council said leave them alone. Indara told him several times different cultures practice differently.
He acted like a Padawan, that's what was weird to me. The Jedi in general in this show are emotional as hell and either very incompetent or hilariously secretive for no good reason.

That's why I harp on the writing, very few things flow naturally on this show. A lot of it feels like it's forced.