‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean that’s Luke’s story in the original trilogy. The type of Jedi he becomes is what the Jedi from the Prequel Trilogy lacked outside of Qui-Gon.

Sith have always been more interesting. Most Jedi’s are boring. With the sith, they have their reasons for falling to the dark side. Power, love, anger, etc.

I mean they could re make Kyle Katarns whole story arc shout out to Jedi academy series -left the Jedi order became a bounty hunter didn’t use the force, circumstances brought him back.

Or at least tell a story where a Jedi is bossing up and slapping fools but no all Jedi lame and pathetic

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Beautiful location

So the power of two for the coven is another way of saying the Sith

Venestra is going to throw Sol under the bus for those murders on Khofar. Is Qimir her padawan?

That tease of the helmet sound. Connecting the Sith helmets to Jedi training helmets was cool.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Looks like they are doing what I wished happened with Rey, with Osha. I always thought TLJ would’ve been tough if it ended with Rey turning to the dark side with Kylo. Osha is definitely turning. It’s hilarious how fast ppl turn to the dark side in Star Wars. My biggest issue with this show is bodies don’t mean shyt. Qimir caught like 6 bodies and Osha really couldn’t give a fukk :dead:

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
Amandla Stenberg is not playing her role well.. it just seems off.

Qimir is definitely going to turn her into the dark side though and I wouldn’t be surprised if they wiped out the Jedi that just arrived.

I wonder if that’s Qimir’s old master that just arrived(she has a whip, he has whip like scars) :jbhmm:

Not sure what’s going to happen with Mae and Sol. But I’m ready to hear Sol’s story

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I've seen enough, Venestra's actress is fukking TRASH :francis: nothing she does comes out naturally. She feels like middle management acting like they the CEO or some shyt.

This show just has the dumbest things that make me feel like I have to nitpick them. Like, why was Mae's plan for boarding the ship? It looked like she wanted Sol to leave his guard down but she didn't even try to take advantage of them. fukking :dead: at losing the ship's power being something that made her hesitate. Seemed like it was just forced drama because she was never going to do shyt to Sol :pachaha:

Qmir is a pretty interesting character. I hope he gets to live past this season.

Jedi's in this show are a bunch of a$$holes or uptight morons, it's hilarious.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I've seen enough, Venestra's actress is fukking TRASH :francis: nothing she does comes out naturally. She feels like middle management acting like they the CEO or some shyt.
that character was DOA just off the fact it looks like they wanted a Yoda, but could only afford green paint. just a really shytty looking character design all around

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

This show just has the dumbest things that make me feel like I have to nitpick them. Like, why was Mae's plan for boarding the ship? It looked like she wanted Sol to leave his guard down but she didn't even try to take advantage of them. fukking :dead: at losing the ship's power being something that made her hesitate. Seemed like it was just forced drama because she was never going to do shyt to Sol :pachaha:

Qmir is a pretty interesting character. I hope he gets to live past this season.

Jedi's in this show are a bunch of a$$holes or uptight morons, it's hilarious.

the part with O and the helmet .

she said "i don't trust you"

while chowing down on a bowl of his food.

:hubie:

and then 1 min later put on the helmet anyway.

:picard:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
""You brutally murdered my homegirl "
"She wasn't the type of friend you needed"
"Oh...maybe you're not sooo bad. Tell me more over stew"
:unimpressed:

He literally told you why she didn’t kill him :unimpressed:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Overall, I'm enjoying the show. But why tell this particular story? Are they ever going to tell a story where the Jedi are cool and heroic?
At this point, the Sith seem to be the more powerful characters, they have the better character designs and are overall more intriguing.

That's always been the point in telling the story of the Jedi. Imagine if there was some superpowered dogmatic fighting force strolling around America. The people would fukking HATE that shyt. The Jedi's inflexibility, stoicism towards their training methods, and cold calculus made them ALOT of enemies. There were plenty of people that cheered when they fell apart and not just imperials.

So what, the Knights of Ren aren’t just lame ass Kylo cronies? Since when?

They were always a reference IIRC. Just another think Kylo was trying to dikk ride in his quest to be a badman. He really is the Drake of Star Wars.

Looks like they are doing what I wished happened with Rey, with Osha. I always thought TLJ would’ve been tough if it ended with Rey turning to the dark side with Kylo. Osha is definitely turning. It’s hilarious how fast ppl turn to the dark side in Star Wars. My biggest issue with this show is bodies don’t mean shyt. Qimir caught like 6 bodies and Osha really couldn’t give a fukk :dead:

You have to understand how tempting power is. Especially the kinds of powers force users have. Being able to use that power unfettered or without loads of red tape behind it sounds amazing. And if you've tasted that power, even just a little, its hard not to go for it. It's like when your girl sucks just the tip. Like....you mean to tell me you don't want no hawk thua after that?

If there's anything from TLJ I wanted them to explore is the concept that Jedi/Force users aren't some chosen class. I hate the fact that you have to be "force-sensitive" to something that allegedly permiates all living things. I get why you have to do it that way, but logistically that never made sense to me.