‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They dragged the fukk out of this episode. Like 10 more minutes wouldve spilled everything or make one episode the Sol confession and another episode osha’s dark side turn

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
stenberg (while generally bad) seems to have been practising evil body language more than good.

her palette of physical bad-force-person indicators seems broader - from the walk, the arching of her shoulders, her grip, grimacing.

she has put more thought into transmitting bad intent.

her good-side acting looks like more of an afterthought.

that means that both twins go bad. or only one evil one survives.

:hubie:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Really wish these episodes weren't so short :what:, an episode like last week with a lot of momentum I could see being shorter, but not sure why the rest aren't close to an hour with only 8 episodes. Things ended again when they were really getting interesting.

I felt things were stronger if only from the angle of Osha getting seduced to the dark side. If this show had a longer season, I would have taken an episode with just those 2.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Really wish these episodes weren't so short :what:, an episode like last week with a lot of momentum I could see being shorter, but not sure why the rest aren't close to an hour with only 8 episodes. Things ended again when they were really getting interesting.

I felt things were stronger if only from the angle of Osha getting seduced to the dark side. If this show had a longer season, I would have taken an episode with just those 2.
i think that's a writing/directing problem. The showrunner always knew it was 8 episodes. It should've been written accordingly.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i believe only the name is canon (thanks to episode 3) there's no look canonized yet
Thats actually a good now that i think about it. Making Plaguies some crazy looking alien pretty much guaranteed he would never be in live action.
Sith lords are often played by the best actor in the film or show. No shakespearean thespian type is going want to put on that much alien make up. or voice over a cgi cartoon character. Which essentially means we will never see him in live action unless they retcon him as more humanoid looking.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Thats actually a good now that i think about it. Making Plaguies some crazy looking alien pretty much guaranteed he would never be in live action.
Sith lords are often played by the best actor in the film or show. No shakespearean thespian type is going want to put on that much alien make up. or voice over a cgi cartoon character. Which essentially means we will never see him in live action unless they retcon him as more humanoid looking.
And now that I think about it..... Episode 3 NEVER said he was Palps master. He only told him the story. We are filling in the back story based on Legends but until it's in cannon is changeable

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You know whats crazy. Using women as eye candy and having them wear revealing or suggestives costumes, is apparently dated and no longer acceptable.
But female directors having men strip naked and show off their bodies is perfectly fine, This was second shirtless scene in the series.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You know whats crazy. Using women as eye candy and having them wear revealing or suggestives costumes, is apparently dated and no longer acceptable.
But female directors having men strip naked and show off their bodies is perfectly fine, This was second shirtless scene in the series.

Basically Hollywood and the music industry are replicating and re-creating and reversing all male past behaviors and Situations,,,

If that makes any sense

Surprised they haven’t made a movie with a man being sex traffic and a women saves him,,