‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Caught up with the last 2 eps. Ep 4. was by far the weakest of the season and Ep. 5 was a nice comeback. The action and the actual intrigue are really cool, but it's one of those things that sounds better on paper and the execution is very hit or miss.

There's a huge problem with our main character though. Both Osha and Mae feel like empty husks that just wander around without a clear motivation and it really detracts from all the shyt that happens because of them (or around them). Mae being so happy to see her alive, changing her actions only to change AGAIN as soon as Osha predictably turned on her made no fukking sense. Leaving her to rot on that jungle or get kidnapped by the Sith is :what:

I gotta hope that Qimir's reveal was so obvious because for the season finale we are find out he's the apprentice of a real Sith Lord and he's trying to find his own n°2 to kill his master and implement the Rule of 2.

I really like the mind wipe theory a breh explained a week ago and it really does seems that's the case.

This is were I'm at as well. The show is very flawed, it's like every scene is either a hit or a miss in either acting or writing (or both), but there's enough there to keep me watching. Waiting 2 weeks to watch back to back helped a lot too.

This man said the twins have no clear motivation. Lmao. Yall just be saying shyt. :dead:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The Jedi have been Osha’s family and she just saw them get cut down, particularly Yord and Jecki, because of this hunt for Mae. How doesn’t that make sense?

And Mae came here with Qimir, if she thinks he’s alive, how is she going to get off the planet except on Sol’s ship? Osha confirmed her choice to arrest Mae.
That's not my issue, what Osha did was predictable (not in a bad way) and that's fine. It's what they made Mae do that is :mindblown:

Mae has a change of heart in ep 4 because she tells us that her sister being alive "changes everything". Then she finally reunites with her and tells Osha they gotta choose family and that the Jedi have brain washed her. But as soon as Osha shows she's not with it, Mae changes her mind again and it's not about being with her sister. She leaves her unconsius on that dangerous jungle and goes to leave the planet.

You ttruly believe that's not bad writing? How did Mae's actions made any sense after what we were told in ep.4 & 5?

This man said the twins have no clear motivation. Lmao. Yall just be saying shyt. :dead:
what are their motivations breh?

Mae went from revenge against the Jedi, to reuniting with her sister, to survival? revenge again? In the span of hours without much thought being put into them.

And Osha we truly have no clue about. She wanted to escape the Coven and in a matter of days decided she wanted to leave to another religious cult with the Jedi. But then she leaves the order to work on something she likes and gets caught in a murder investigation because of her presumed dead sister. Besides the flashback, she's being a complete passive character. After 5 episodes I have no idea what she wants nor what moves her.

Seems to me Osha only exists to make an example of how fukked up Jedi can be "in the name of good/light" and now she probably gonna learn the truth about her past and might join Qimir :bryan: She's just a plot device.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That's not my issue, what Osha did was predictable (not in a bad way) and that's fine. It's what they made Mae do that is :mindblown:

Mae has a change of heart in ep 4 because she tells us that her sister being alive "changes everything". Then she finally reunites with her and tells Osha they gotta choose family and that the Jedi have brain washed her. But as soon así Osha shows she's not with it, Mae changes her mind again and it's not about being with her sister. She leaves her unconsius on that dangerous jungle and goes to leave the planet.

You ttruly believe that's not bad writing? How did Mae's actions made any sense after what we were told in ep.4 & 5?

Iwhat are their motivations breh?

Because Mae went from revenge against the Jedi, to reuniting with her sister, to survival? revenge again? In the span of hours without much thought being put into them.

And Osha we truly have no clue about. She wanted to escape the Coven and in a matter of days decided she wanted to leave to another religious cult with the Jedi. But then she leaves the order to work on something she likes and gets caught in a murder investigation because of her presumed deade sister. Besides the flashback she's being a complete passive character. After 5 episodes I have no idea what she wants nor what moves her.

Seems to me Osha only exists to make an example of how fukked up Jedi can be "in the name of good/light" and now she probably gonna learn the truth about her past and might join Qimir :bryan: She's just a plot device.
no, you're right. Her goal during this whole encounter was to surrender to the jedi, but instead she ends up fighting one, stealing a dead ones lightsaber, stunning another, and knocking her sister out. Actions didn't quite line up with her motivation.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
no, you're right. Her goal during this whole encounter was to surrender to the jedi, but instead she ends up fighting one, stealing a dead ones lightsaber, stunning another, and knocking her sister out. Actions didn't quite line up with her motivation.

That’s cause she didn’t know the master was there. Like Qmir was surprised Mae had no idea he was the master. Once he appeared she knew they stood no chance and just wanted to escape.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That’s cause she didn’t know the master was there. Like Qmir was surprised Mae had no idea he was the master. Once he appeared she knew they stood no chance and just wanted to escape.
Feel like that would motivate her even more to surrender to jedi for protection.
but honestly its just a minor nitpick to an otherwise good episode.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I was thinking the EXACT same thing.
Seems like the jedi are rarely able to sense dark siders and acolytes until its too late.
Sidious was a sith lord having meetings the council and they didn't sense anything.
Mae is a sith apprentice so i assume she is able to conceal herself the same way.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know palpatine took darth maul from the night sisters but how deep is the history between them? Since this show is implying he used that technique to create Anakin was the Sith cofounder by a night witch and then they broke off to do they own thing?

Karume

All Star
Daps
Seems like the jedi are rarely able to sense dark siders and acolytes until its too late.
Sidious was a sith lord having meetings the council and they didn't sense anything.
Mae is a sith apprentice so i assume she is able to conceal herself the same way.
how is Mae a Sith?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Aren’t you a cac?
i'm practocally clear... but not interested in the bullshyt "you don't like this b/c you're racist" shyt, so just holster that if it's comin.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
This is were I'm at as well. The show is very flawed, it's like every scene is either a hit or a miss in either acting or writing (or both), but there's enough there to keep me watching. Waiting 2 weeks to watch back to back helped a lot too.
Honestly it feels like these past 2 episodes felt like 1 cut in half. Even with the shorter episodic episodes like in the Mandalorian it feels like they at least have a purpose. I feel like they are really stretching thin with the story they want to tell. Even before going in criticizing it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Honestly it feels like these past 2 episodes felt like 1 cut in half. Even with the shorter episodic episodes like in the Mandalorian it feels like they at least have a purpose. I feel like they are really stretching thin with the story they want to tell. Even before going in criticizing it.
They did this with Ahsoka, Obi Wan and Mando Season 3 as well.

I think Disney asks them to have as much weeks as possible so they can have new content in their platform for as long as they can. So we end up with episodes cut in half to stretch a season.