‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
That's not what happened.

The Jedi basically just exiled the Sith and told them to kick rocks, and then the Sith started oppressing the galaxy and killing a bunch of people so the Jedi tried to stop them.

The Jedi are a very flawed organization but people go too far with this "Sidious did nothing wrong" thing :dead:
If the Jedi would have learned to peacefully coexist with the Sith and stop being so rigid none of that would have happened. I'm not saying the Sith aren't fukked up, but the Jedi aren't good guys either.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Being quick to fight is against the Jedi code. The ones who were died quickly or turned Sith.
Really? Every Star Wars medium I can remember is Jedi being on sight with the Sith. Obi Wan and Qui Gon immediately to kill Darth Maul. No questions or exposition on what he is. Obi and Yoga almost bush Like because he won’t promise to kill Vader. I’m the Clone Wars cartoons they kill bad guys immediately. Yeah they might try and arrest them but they gotta a hair trigger worse than a white woman cop.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The fight was okay I guess.

just don’t like that he’s taking out that many Jedi, makes them seem worthless. And then how it ended (the fight), after all that?

The idea of rogue old students running around though would have been a good premise if they took better care with the script but they aren’t. And they’re ruining the twin concept..
I don’t mind it, reminds me of when an orthodox boxer goes up against an unconventional fighter. Punches coming from weird angles, not reacting to feints as they should, then he is also fukking with your mental at the same time. It’s why Mace Windu fukked up Sidioya. His style feeds in the dark side.

But yeah the fight ending was dumb as fukk. Should’ve had Sol lose and get away and have to study how to beat the Sith style.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Why did the little girl Jedi stop to read the bad sister her Miranda rights in the middle of a fight?

Why did the master Jedi not kill the Sith dude but then allow the big monsters to presumably eat him?

Why didn’t the master Jedi sense the sister swap?
you haven't read this thread? You have to wait until the entire series ends before you ask any questions or judge the writing :russ:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Really? Every Star Wars medium I can remember is Jedi being on sight with the Sith. Obi Wan and Qui Gon immediately to kill Darth Maul. No questions or exposition on what he is. Obi and Yoga almost bush Like because he won’t promise to kill Vader. I’m the Clone Wars cartoons they kill bad guys immediately. Yeah they might try and arrest them but they gotta a hair trigger worse than a white woman cop.
Almost all Jedi in star wars media has shown what happens when a Jedi leans heavy into warfare persona. The Mando wars created Revan, Malek. The clone wars created Vader, Dooku. Exar kun and his jedi converts in the Sith wars.

Jinn got killed protecting Obi who gor slumped, eager to fight Maul. Yoda wasn't on the frontlines like most Jedi, who eventually died. Mace got kilt jumping the gun on Palpatine. The only Jedi who are alive in the current timeline are the ones who didn't seek conflict.

That badass samurai Jedi aesthetics died in the 90s with the EU and the video games. George killed it. Bro started painting the Jedi has a galactic police force in episode 1 and that strayed from their original ideals. A good chunk of the movie criticizes the Jedi for being a political arm of the Senate. It's a large part of why they fell.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Almost all Jedi in star wars media has shown what happens when a Jedi leans heavy into warfare persona. The Mando wars created Revan, Malek. The clone wars created Vader, Dooku. Exar kun and his jedi converts in the Sith wars.

Jinn got killed protecting Obi who gor slumped, eager to fight Maul. Yoda wasn't on the frontlines like most Jedi, who eventually died. Mace got kilt jumping the gun on Palpatine. The only Jedi who are alive in the current timeline are the ones who didn't seek conflict.

That badass samurai Jedi aesthetics died in the 90s with the EU and the video games. George killed it. Bro started painting the Jedi has a galactic police force in episode 1 and that strayed from their original ideals. A good chunk of the movie criticizes the Jedi for being a political arm of the Senate. It's a large part of why they fell.
Sorry I don’t get that interpretation. Episode 1 Obi Wan and Qui Gon get sent as a peace delegation to the trade federation. The trade federation immediately tried to gas them. Instead of killing everyone in that station they run away. Even at the end of episode one they only go so far as freeing Naboo. They don’t impose any laws, or install any governments.

Also where does Qui Gon not want to fight Maul?

“We’ll handle this” :demonic:

Mace lost to Sidious because he didn’t see Anakin had already turned to the dark side.

Luke tries to kill an unarmed emperor in Return because his goal is to save his father. People misread the tossing away the lightsaber scene as if it means Luke is a pacifist after he’s bodied dozens on Jabbas men and storm troopers. Nah he just wanted to save his dad :mjlol:

The Jedi who are alive ran away because they individually weren’t strong enough to beat the empire. Not because they didn’t seek conflict. The Jedi are based of Bushidi Samurai lore. They aren’t Buddhist monks :dahell:

We really trying to both sides the Jedi and Sith :dahell:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Sorry I don’t get that interpretation. Episode 1 Obi Wan and Qui Gon get sent as a peace delegation to the trade federation. The trade federation immediately tried to gas them. Instead of killing everyone in that station they run away. Even at the end of episode one they only go so far as freeing Naboo. They don’t impose any laws, or install any governments.

Also where does Qui Gon not want to fight Maul?

“We’ll handle this” :demonic:

Mace lost to Sidious because he didn’t see Anakin had already turned to the dark side.

Luke tries to kill an unarmed emperor in Return because his goal is to save his father. People misread the tossing away the lightsaber scene as if it means Luke is a pacifist after he’s bodied dozens on Jabbas men and storm troopers. Nah he just wanted to save his dad :mjlol:

The Jedi who are alive ran away because they individually weren’t strong enough to beat the empire. Not because they didn’t seek conflict. The Jedi are based of Bushidi Samurai lore. They aren’t Buddhist monks :dahell:

We really trying to both sides the Jedi and Sith :dahell:

In this case Maul had already attacked Qui Gonn first on Tattooine so they already knew he was on sight with them, so they were just the same in return.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Why did the little girl Jedi stop to read the bad sister her Miranda rights in the middle of a fight?

Why did the master Jedi not kill the Sith dude but then allow the big monsters to presumably eat him?

Why didn’t the master Jedi sense the sister swap?
Why does Sol have the skills to go blow for blow and defeat Darth Smilus only to get shot with a stun gun later when even the most novice Jedi can sense/ dodge/block a single blaster shot?