new episode tonight, guess will see a good fight maybe? :patrice:

That fishbowl-headed sith better bring the heat

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
You've named old nikkas and women painted in a different color? :dead:

None of the brehs you mentioned were the LEAD HERO and were not a threat to any LEGACY White male character.

Of course cacs are going to be fine that as those are SUPPORTING roles. :mjtf:

Now a black man or woman playing the lead and being a powerful and dominant character who threatens the white characters and LEGACY white character is definitely a problem to them.

Kylo Ren was a :trash: and badly written character. Yet Star Wars fans NEVER abused Adam Driver :unimpressed:

General Hux was a :trash: and badly written character. Yet Star Wars NEVER abused the actor:unimpressed:.

Disney literally told Moses Ingram "if you take this role you are going to get a strong racist backlash from the fanbase" yet you're in here LYING that Star Wars fan are receptive to POWERFUL black characters?

1. Was Ashoka not a lead role? :mjlol: Was Mace Windu not threatening to Anakin? Or Moff Gideon not threatening to the Mandolorians? Say what you want, but those I named ARE still black actors in prominent roles in their respective shows whose abuse was at a minimum and most fans like them.

2. I acknowledged before that racial abuse does exist and does happen, but my argument is that in certain shows, the bad ones, its amplified to a higher level than usual. The abuse in critical acclaimed shows is barely even noticeable which is why, like I said before, I believe most of the racist fans are in the minority. Bad shows just give more rope for culture war critics to cling to. And its not just Star Wars where you see this happen. Im not sure whats the point of bringing up Adam Driver and Hux, them being white makes them irrelevant to the point im making.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
1. Was Ashoka not a lead role? :mjlol: Was Mace Windu not threatening to Anakin? Or Moff Gideon not threatening to the Mandolorians? Say what you want, but those I named ARE still black actors in prominent roles in their respective shows whose abuse was at a minimum and most fans like them.

part of the reason is when the actor/actress is well known and well liked their profile can be so large that negative race-based chat cannot gain real traction.

samuel L jackson is a prime example of this. SLJ could probably play just about any gringo role (that fits) without serious blow back. he is just at that level. he does strong, charismatic and cool leader better than almost any other actor out there.

the same is true to a lesser extent of gus fring and will smith. people are crying out for fring to play prof-x/magneto because he does stern-face better than almost any other actor out there. smith usurped the genie away from the beloved "irreplaceable" williams.

ashoka looks 110% like ashoka and the role/actress had potential. she also benefits from being confused with (a far better actress) gina torres.

acolyte has the mix of minor actress and middling script that makes it a prime target for attack.

like attacking the weaker members of a herd.

-

hollywood does it a lot. pick a breh with a built in audience as a bullwark against backlash.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Although I wasn’t asked the question, I would say the fact that we’re halfway through this series and we still don’t understand the motivations or desires of the main character (Osha) is an example of poor storytelling and writing. As a result, I don’t particularly care about what’s going on with her since I haven’t been given a reason to. I don’t really care about any of these characters to be honest. But as I said, I find most Star Wars content to be mediocre. So whatever.
Also adding on with last week's episode (which I just watched) what the hell are Mae's motivations now that Osha is alive. Why did she go on to go kill the Wookiee Jedi Master? She literally turned a 180 after the task she was given was too hard.

Regarding Osha they needed to give us background when she was a jedi and why inner conflicts she had that made her leave the order. Like you said we don't understand what is driving her.

This honest might be worse storytelling then either Boba Fett or Obi-Wan. Those sucked, but we can understand Boba and Obi-Wan in those shows. Here outside of Sol it's a train wreck.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
bad-boys-good-driving.gif

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I thought this was the Roshomon influenced episode but I guess it’s episode 6.

Bad week for twins.

Thise fights were sick!

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
The fight was okay I guess.

just don’t like that he’s taking out that many Jedi, makes them seem worthless. And then how it ended (the fight), after all that?

The idea of rogue old students running around though would have been a good premise if they took better care with the script but they aren’t. And they’re ruining the twin concept..