‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Conz

Superstar
Daps

ya know, everyone hated the prequels for their overuse of cgi, and that's valid, but just seeing that thing... it's pretty cool looking. it's something that Disney Star Wars has completely lacked. their non-human characters look like fukkin shyt. who fukkin cares what race the humans are, why do the aliens look so fukkin bad? i'm gonna keep harping on this.

Boss Nass was a ridiculous looking character. Dexter Jettster was a ridiculous looking character. Watto and Sebulba were ridiculous... and yet, shyt like thats' absense is extremely noticable to me in the sequels/Disney+ garbage. There hasn't even been a Jabba surrogate. they did Hutts on Boba Fett, but have they created an original alien that is actually good since buying Lucasfilm? Baby Yoda is just Yoda. remember Snoke? imagine thinking that was worth it. remember nutsack face Maz? Unkar Plutt >>>>

i've probably already done this rant 5 times over the past few years. apologies.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
The Star Wars fandom is in complete shambles and it's hilarious to see in real time. People complaining about too many POC and women being lead characters. People complaining about not enough black leads. And then you have both groups complaining about too many gay characters in the series now. Civil war :russ:
It's funny because they'll draw the line at skin color and gay characters but not tall furry ass mfs, robots, Hutts, etc. shyt don't make no sense.

One thing I'm not a fan of Hollywood doing, is making someone a twin when they don't have a REAL life twin. They'll never be able to take certain liberties cause there will always be just one actor on screen. There's gotta be twin actors out there somewhere that could have played in this. They did it for the younger versions of Osha and Mae.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
It's funny because they'll draw the line at skin color and gay characters but not tall furry ass mfs, robots, Hutts, etc. shyt don't make no sense.

One thing I'm not a fan of Hollywood doing, is making someone a twin when they don't have a REAL life twin. They'll never be able to take certain liberties cause there will always be just one actor on screen. There's gotta be twin actors out there somewhere that could have played in this. They did it for the younger versions of Osha and Mae.
One of them is probably going to die

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
So just read the lead is a lesbian and that the guy with the Kilmonger cut is also gay and the black witch force user is a wench in real life. I was wondering why these red pills weirdo kept saying the gayest Star Wars. :mjlol:

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Star Wars fandom is in complete shambles and it's hilarious to see in real time. People complaining about too many POC and women being lead characters. People complaining about not enough black leads. And then you have both groups complaining about too many gay characters in the series now. Civil war :russ:
All the pandering combined with bad storytelling is setting back these minority groups in media.

People can't disentangle the fact that the story is garbage from the race, gender or sexual orientation of the actors.

The creators use the minorities as a shield from criticism: "you don't like it because you're sexist/racist"

And on top of that a large segment of the critiques actually are sexist/racist and are profiting from the outrage.

It's a mess. You basically have to make a perfect film like Spider-verse to get people to shut up about Peter Parker being "replaced" by a Black Latino.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
i aint watching that shyt. just link the fight scenes fukk everything else. after they killed off trinity from the matrix it a fukk you from here on out

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
This show does continue to emphasize that the Jedi are terrible. This is them during their prime period and they are just as bad as they were during the prequels. The Original Trilogy, the Jedi seemed like they were supposed to be Samurai/Monks and they turned out to be Space Cops.

Outlaw

Daps
Reppin
This show does continue to emphasize that the Jedi are terrible. This is them during their prime period and they are just as bad as they were during the prequels. The Original Trilogy, the Jedi seemed like they were supposed to be Samurai/Monks and they turned out to be Space Cops.
Well the only narrative you received about Jedi was from obi wan and yoda which were the epitome of what Jedi aspired to be. Of course there were rank and file Jedi who were corrupt just like there were samurai, knights, monks etc who were corrupt pieces of shyt that abused their power

Outlaw

Daps
Reppin
All the pandering combined with bad storytelling is setting back these minority groups in media.

People can't disentangle the fact that the story is garbage from the race, gender or sexual orientation of the actors.

The creators use the minorities as a shield from criticism: "you don't like it because you're sexist/racist"

And on top of that a large segment of the critiques actually are sexist/racist and are profiting from the outrage.

It's a mess. You basically have to make a perfect film like Spider-verse to get people to shut up about Peter Parker being "replaced" by a Black Latino.
How is the story garbage? I’m still waiting for someone to explain this to me

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

It's not just that they're bad
They're really bad

If you still watch the MCU and Star Wars at this point you don't have a right to complain

You should know what you're in for

And you're right, the racism and homophobia from commentators is stupid, but at this point the creators are trolling

Putting out rage bait and making a shytty product while they pat themselves on the back

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
How is the story garbage? I’m still waiting for someone to explain this to me
It's not, The story so far has been fine, and its still developing. People don't even know whats going on yet fully.
I'd say the main weakness right now it that the lead actress is playing an unknown brand new character nobody was hyped for (ie the way people were excited to see ashoka) combined with the fact that she hasn't really inspired a fandom of her own yet. (ie the way pedro pascal was able to do with the Mandolorian)
Really they probably should have had Carrie Anne Moss take the lead role, since she was what most people were hyped to see going in. she would've been better equipped to lead a show with an brand new character. But they killed her off in the first 3 minutes. Which probably turned off some fans immediately. There isn't currently a fan favorite type character for people to root for. Thats whats holding the show back.
Most of the hate has nothing to do with this though, as other people pointed out,

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjgrin:….I mean it’s something lol. No worse then the book of boba fett.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Came in to ask if this was Andor level or more garbage. From comments seems like more garbage.