‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:The fandom as a whole just takes shyt to the extreme. Like I understand that forms of media can mean a lot to some people. But sending death threats, bullying actors, and saying a movie director raped your childhood. Because of a shytty Star Wars movie is too much. Remember this documentary the fandom been cooked.

It’s because Star Wars fandom stretches through like 3-4 generations of fans.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I’m just wondering when people are going to admit to themselves that Star Wars, as a movie franchise, has been mediocre from the very beginning. I haven’t read any EU books so I can’t speak to that medium. All this heartache and vitriol for nothing. If you think it’s trash, just turn something else on and tell your friends it sucks if they ask. Pretty simple to me.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
‘Powerful’ black characters written by a bunch of white lesbians. Mace Windu is a fan favorite. Nothing is powerful about trash writing
One black character in the entire prequels. Two if we count the original trilogy. Again I ask, how is the acolyte trash writing when we don’t even know the full plot?

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
why did you raise a question as an objection more than once where obvious answers exist?
What are the obvious answers? Why not just tell me what plot points have terrible writing versus filibustering? Or is it just feels because cacs tell you think that way?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
What are the obvious answers? Why not just tell me what plot points have terrible writing versus filibustering? Or is it just feels because cacs tell you think that way?

-

QUESTION:

Again I ask, how is the acolyte trash writing when we don’t even know the full plot?

OBVIOUS ANSWER:

because scene construction and pacing are distinct writing skills from the plot and in this case OP thinks they are trash?

i.e. YOU DON'T NEED THE FULL PLOT FOR TRASH WRITING TO BE EVIDENT.

:hubie:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
@null I think the point he is subtly trying to make is if you can't give examples you either are A. Talking a bunch of shyt just to be talking or B. Haven't even watched the show.

That is why he is asking for examples. If the writing is that bad it shouldn't be that hard to give one or two.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
@null I think the point he is subtly trying to make is if you can't give examples you either are A. Talking a bunch of shyt just to be talking or B. Haven't even watched the show.

a babble whisperer. :wow: .

1. that is not what babbler asked.

2. he repeated the question about the PLOT "AGAIN".

3. maybe OP will get around to posting details.

and finally

4. you are limiting choices there. c). maybe OP doesn't want to get mired in those discussions with a babbler who asks a stupid question more than once.

if babbler had asked the right question he well may have got the answer he desired.

not everyone has the energy/time/patience/disposition to disentangle babble that you clearly have.

That is why he is asking for examples. If the writing is that bad it shouldn't be that hard to give one or two.

he is asking for examples because he cannot understand why his initial question was inane enough to be dismissed / criticized.

he clearly has not understood my post.

oh damn .

and now i'm out of energy on this topic too

:francis::hubie: