‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You know, I kind of don't want to defend this show. It's just "OK", not really anything special. And I CANNOT see the supposed huge budget, it looks like "TV" rather than EPIC and movie-like.

But I don't get why people hate it. To me, it's not any worse than "Tales of the JEDI/Empire", and I certainly think it's better than "Visions"
:yeshrug:

So, I kind of have a related theory.
We know that the Jedi did SOMETHING that they don't want people to know about, but I also think it's highly unlikely that Disney will let Jedi do anything outright evil, so here's what I think is happening:

As with the old Watergate cliche, it's not the crime, it's the coverup.

In a world where the Jedi have the ability to literally manipulate minds, you can't really trust memories or flashbacks. SO...I think Osha's childhood memories don't accurately reflect what really happened that day. Specifically, I suspect this:

Osha, after getting restrained by her people and sister, freaked out and somehow did something that directly or indirectly led to the death of her coven and the supposed death of her sister. Some kind of Force temper tantrum.

The 4 Jedi who were there (with what they thought were good intentions) broke their own Order's rules and collectively Mind Tricked Osha into thinking what we saw in the 3rd episode was what really happened.
Holy sheit

That definitely would explain why Mae jumped to “I’ll kill you” but on the bridge was screaming “ what did you do!”

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
This show is just decent. It's the usual suspects and their "can this save star wars/has this ruined star wars" self-sabotaging mentality that takes the fun out of everything because Star Wars can never, and will never again, give them that same nostalgic feeling they had as a kid. :francis:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Even if we look at Disney Star Wars, Giancarlo Esposito (Moff Gideon), Carl Weathers (Greef Carga), Forrest Whitaker (Saw Gerrera), Rosario Dawson (Ashoka) didnt get any fan abuse. Donald Glover (Lando) didnt get any either if I remember, most were just confused on why they made Lando pansexual.

You've named old nikkas and women painted in a different color? :dead:

None of the brehs you mentioned were the LEAD HERO and were not a threat to any LEGACY White male character.

Of course cacs are going to be fine that as those are SUPPORTING roles. :mjtf:

Now a black man or woman playing the lead and being a powerful and dominant character who threatens the white characters and LEGACY white character is definitely a problem to them.
Moses Ingram and Finn got stuck with poor creative choices in their respective shows/movies and the racists took advantage of it. They look for cracks like that, even in Marvel shows.

There’s still no excuse for any of it and im not trying to give them a pass either but to say Star Wars fans are against black leads and characters is not really true.

Kylo Ren was a :trash: and badly written character. Yet Star Wars fans NEVER abused Adam Driver :unimpressed:

General Hux was a :trash: and badly written character. Yet Star Wars NEVER abused the actor:unimpressed:.

Disney literally told Moses Ingram "if you take this role you are going to get a strong racist backlash from the fanbase" yet you're in here LYING that Star Wars fan are receptive to POWERFUL black characters?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The official excuse they're giving for not filming the wookie jedi fight...is because...of story and...budget...

They spent 180 million US dollars on what bruh? This shyt looks like a CW show, I'm not aware of any show on that network having a budget that big...

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The official excuse they're giving for not filming the wookie jedi fight...is because...of story and...budget...

They spent 180 million US dollars on what bruh? This shyt looks like a CW show, I'm not aware of any show on that network having a budget that big...
This is another reason why Mandalorian and Andor worked. Don't need a big CGI budget for all the jedi magic tricks.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This is another reason why Mandalorian and Andor worked. Don't need a big CGI budget for all the jedi magic tricks.
True but we're half a season in with just 4 episodes left and we know they reuse sets...

You seen 90 million US dollars worth of CGI in this show so far?

The one shot they showed of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant looked like PS2 cutscene graphics bruh...

What was this money spent on? Most expensive actress is Carrie-Anne Moss and she had what 10 minutes of total screen time so far?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:The Star Wars fandom has to be the worst fandom ever. I mean this fandom gives every actor/actress who touches this franchise shyt. They even treated the creator of the franchise like shyt. And let’s not forgot how they bullied a young Jake Lloyd. Nothing is wrong with sharing your opinions and criticisms about the franchise. But this fandom be attacking actors, directors, and is racist af.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This show is just decent. It's the usual suspects and their "can this save star wars/has this ruined star wars" self-sabotaging mentality that takes the fun out of everything because Star Wars can never, and will never again, give them that same nostalgic feeling they had as a kid. :francis:

:mjlol:The Star Wars fandom has to be the worst fandom ever. I mean this fandom gives every actor/actress who touches this franchise shyt. They even treated the creator of the franchise like shyt. And let’s not forgot how they bullied a young Jake Lloyd. Nothing wrong with sharing your opinions and criticisms about the franchise. But this fandom be attacking actors, directors, and just be racist af.

I was just thinking about something. Star Wars fans are divided up in to factions that outright HATE each other.
Old OT fans hate the Prequel Fans
Andor fans and Filoni-universe fans hate each other
EU/Legends fans absolutely DESPISE The Acolyte fans
etc.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
A lot of people are saying the acolyte is
Qimir
but I hope the show doesn't make it that obvious I would go fromactuallyliking this to hating it if they did that. I actually have another theory who the master could be, but that's a long shot.
He’s being so over the top goofy it’s basically an open and shut case it’s him

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You know, I kind of don't want to defend this show. It's just "OK", not really anything special. And I CANNOT see the supposed huge budget, it looks like "TV" rather than EPIC and movie-like.

But I don't get why people hate it. To me, it's not any worse than "Tales of the JEDI/Empire", and I certainly think it's better than "Visions"
:yeshrug:

So, I kind of have a related theory.
We know that the Jedi did SOMETHING that they don't want people to know about, but I also think it's highly unlikely that Disney will let Jedi do anything outright evil, so here's what I think is happening:

As with the old Watergate cliche, it's not the crime, it's the coverup.

In a world where the Jedi have the ability to literally manipulate minds, you can't really trust memories or flashbacks. SO...I think Osha's childhood memories don't accurately reflect what really happened that day. Specifically, I suspect this:

Osha, after getting restrained by her people and sister, freaked out and somehow did something that directly or indirectly led to the death of her coven and the supposed death of her sister. Some kind of Force temper tantrum. Somehow the Sith remotely sensed this psychic tantrum (e.g. like Yoda sensing Anakin killing the Tusken Raiders) and marked OSHA (not Mae) for recruitment to the Dark Side.

The 4 Jedi who were there (with what they thought were good intentions) broke their own Order's rules and collectively Mind Tricked Osha into thinking what we saw in the 3rd episode was what really happened. This is the crime that they're hiding from Osha, their Jedi superiors, and the rest of the world. Serious abuse of the Light Side's ability to control minds, in order to implant false memories. (I think there's some kind of weird "Priest abuse" analogy they're going for).

After that they felt guilty about it and tried to mold her into a padawan, but it didn't 'take' and she eventually went off on her own.

The Sith got a hold of Mae and tricked her into thinking she's a potential Acolyte. But in reality, she's just bait to capture the real potential Acolyte, Osha who already (unintentionally) the kind of emotional violence that they're looking for.
This is it. Pending rep for when you are right

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
I was just thinking about something. Star Wars fans are divided up in to factions that outright HATE each other.
Old OT fans hate the Prequel Fans
Andor fans and Filoni-universe fans hate each other
EU/Legends fans absolutely DESPISE The Acolyte fans
etc.
:mjlol:The fandom as a whole just takes shyt to the extreme. Like I understand that different forms of media can mean a lot to people. But sending death threats, bullying actors, and saying a movie director raped your childhood. Because of some shytty Star Wars movies is too much. Remember this documentary the fandom been cooked.

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

You've named old nikkas and women painted in a different color? :dead:

None of the brehs you mentioned were the LEAD HERO and were not a threat to any LEGACY White male character.

Of course cacs are going to be fine that as those are SUPPORTING roles. :mjtf:

Now a black man or woman playing the lead and being a powerful and dominant character who threatens the white characters and LEGACY white character is definitely a problem to them.

Kylo Ren was a :trash: and badly written character. Yet Star Wars fans NEVER abused Adam Driver :unimpressed:

General Hux was a :trash: and badly written character. Yet Star Wars NEVER abused the actor:unimpressed:.

Disney literally told Moses Ingram "if you take this role you are going to get a strong racist backlash from the fanbase" yet you're in here LYING that Star Wars fan are receptive to POWERFUL black characters?
‘Powerful’ black characters written by a bunch of white lesbians. Mace Windu is a fan favorite. Nothing is powerful about trash writing