‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Karume

All Star
Daps
:yeshrug:While the usual suspects are doing what they always do. I also see fans who’s not on that timing trashing this show.
I have seen some express that this show is making Anakin not unique

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Not too sure what's fascinating about it tbh.

The Star Wars fandom isn't really going to like any show where the protagonist isn't a white guy.

Disney is racist. Star Wars is racist.

Disney is pandering with Star Wars. Black lead, let’s make it a gay women who’s on the dark side. Just what minorities of the series have been asking for.

There creative, because growing up watching the movies and playing the games I would never dream of something like that.

Until we get a stand alone classic minority hero. Like white guys have been getting since the beginning of action movies Star Wars is racist.

Finn not having a hero’s arc isn’t because of fans racism it’s because Disney would never allow a minority to have a role like that. There’s probably a small fraction of actual racist Disney fans at this point. Most loyal fans just want to see strong hero’s. But in todays “woke” climate this is what we get instead because Disney says fuk a strong minority lead.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Your saying that’s even more people are shytting on this shows compared to others and I’m saying there is ulterior motives for the criticism
:yeshrug:Like I said the usual suspects gonna do what they always been doing. But there are fans who’s not on that type of timing. Criticizing and critiquing these shows/movies for being bad products.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
:yeshrug:Like I said the usual suspects gonna do what they always been doing. But there are fans who’s not on that type of timing. Criticizing and critiquing these shows/movies for being bad products.
Like I said they’re sheep being influenced by the grifters. If this show was released first before all the trash it would be near universally praised

This is coming from someone who had very negative expectations before it came out

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Disney is racist. Star Wars is racist.

Disney is pandering with Star Wars. Black lead, let’s make it a gay women who’s on the dark side. Just what minorities of the series have been asking for.

There creative, because growing up watching the movies and playing the games I would never dream of something like that.

Until we get a stand alone classic minority hero. Like white guys have been getting since the beginning of action movies Star Wars is racist.

Finn not having a hero’s arc isn’t because of fans racism it’s because Disney would never allow a minority to have a role like that. There’s probably a small fraction of actual racist Disney fans at this point. Most loyal fans just want to see strong hero’s. But in todays “woke” climate this is what we get instead because Disney says fuk a strong minority lead.

Not sure you're making sense.

We have a show with a black lead already and you complained that it's pandering, and then complain about not having black leads :dahell:

Is it only pandering if it's a black female, but it would be okay if it was a dude? Or is her being gay the issue? I'm confused. The lead here seems decent enough.

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Like I said they’re sheep being influenced by the grifters. If this show was released first before all the trash it would be near universally praised
:russ:How are they sheep? Because they have a different opinion lol. Some people are actually paying for Disney plus, and just think that this isn’t a good show lol. Not everyone is being influenced by anti woke YouTubers.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i'm not watching this show again, but i am gonna watch 15 minute youtube recaps. it just seems so damn uninteresting. when i heard last week's was about a lesbian witch coven, i was good. every character really looks like shyt too. why do the characters all look like shyt? the fukk is that green woman? that's the cheapest looking SW character to date. who designed Daphne Keen's character? they thought that was a good look for a main character? what the hell was that aged up makeup/hair on Tommon Baratheon? where the fukk is the money going?

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
what the hell was that aged up makeup/hair on Tommon Baratheon? where the fukk is the money going?
That was Tommen?? Damn…Tommen still catching L’s! :mjcry:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I'm enjoying the show so far. The ending of Episode 4 actually has me excited for Episode 5.
There have been several live action Disney+ Star Wars shows now. Outside of Andor, we kinda know what we are going to get at this point

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep seeing comments like this, but I’m not sure where this notion comes from. Star Wars fans love Dinn Djarin….who’s not white, were anticipating Finn becoming a Jedi or Force user…not a white guy, agree that Andor is the best show they’ve put out…starring a guy that’s not white. I don’t think white leads are what they are looking for. Perhaps they’re looking for a well written story that respects the established lore. Example: not adding a notable Jedi to your story that shouldn’t even be alive at the time it take's place. Average fan wouldn’t know this. Those real Star Wars fans you speak of do. Just like real Lord of the Rings fans will tell you that Gandalf shouldn’t exist when Rings of Power takes place. You mess with the lore, you anger the fans.

Personally, I think this show is extremely poorly written and acted. Not a fan of the clear agenda politics, but the terrible writing trumps all of it. But…like what you like.

lol There were complaints about there being no White men when the trailer was released for this show. Both John Boyega and Moses Ingram recieved and commented on the racist harrassment they recieved from fans.

John Boyega has never shied away from speaking out about the racist bullying he received for his work as Finn in the “Star Wars” franchise. Things got so bad, he convened a meeting with Disney and Lucasfilm execs to express his disappointment in their lack of support during the targeted attacks.

While Boyega has now said he has no plans to return to “Star Wars,” he’s proud of “Obi-Wan” star Ewan McGregor coming to his co-star Moses Ingram’s defense after she became the target of online hate when their series premiered on Disney+ in May.

No, not all Star Wars fans are racist, but there is definitely a healthy contingent that are hellbent are making it well known they don't want no minorities leading Star Wars. Right winged grifters have spent years stoking the flames of a culture war now every geek fanbase is filled with radicalized, alt right, nazi idiots.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
were anticipating Finn becoming a Jedi or Force user

STOP LYING:mjlol:

John Boyega IMMEDIATELY got racist ABUSE the moment he was cast which was double downed when the first trailer was released.

CAC men were afraid he would not only be the main hero but also get the cacette :mjlol:

That's why Finn was done the way he was and cast the way he was :mjlol:

Cacs only started to prop up Finn once Disney became blatant that Star Wars was now a feminist agenda vehicle where ALL heterosexual men are rendered incompetent or VILLAINIZED.

Finn also posed ZERO threat to White Male characters and was asexual which now makes it easier for cacs who dislike the feminist agenda push to root for Finn/John Boyega.
Star Wars fans love Dinn Djarin….who’s not white, were anticipating Finn becoming a Jedi or Force user…not a white guy, agree that Andor is the best show they’ve put out…starring a guy that’s not white.

Diego Luna and Pedro Pascal are just white men wish Spanish last names. fukk do you mean they're not "white"? :laff:

You're talking like they look like Turnoch Huerta.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Diego Luna and Pedro Pascal are just white men wish Spanish last names. fukk do you mean they're not "white"? :laff:

You're talking like they look like Turnoch Huerta.
So Tenoch Huerta is not white, but Diego Luna is even though they’re both Mexican and from Mexico? Chileans are white too? :why:

Your argument regarding Finn is somewhat fair. But it was expected he would be a force user. The trailers showed him with a lightsaber in hand. I could see the fact that they hinted at him and Rey being a thing being a point of contention, but we all knew Disney wasn’t introducing a black man and white girl couple. That why they threw the fat Asian chick at him.

I know that there are white dudes that hate the idea of “losing everything” they once dominated or being made to look like weak villains, just like I know there are brothers that take every opportunity to complain when there aren’t black people in a show. There are black and white fans that are sick of people pushing the queer agenda. But my argument is that if you write a good script that doesn’t completely break away from the established lore, it wouldn’t matter who the lead is. The real fans of Star Wars will love it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I keep seeing comments like this, but I’m not sure where this notion comes from. Star Wars fans love Dinn Djarin….who’s not white, were anticipating Finn becoming a Jedi or Force user…not a white guy, agree that Andor is the best show they’ve put out…starring a guy that’s not white. I don’t think white leads are what they are looking for. Perhaps they’re looking for a well written story that respects the established lore. Example: not adding a notable Jedi to your story that shouldn’t even be alive at the time it take's place. Average fan wouldn’t know this. Those real Star Wars fans you speak of do. Just like real Lord of the Rings fans will tell you that Gandalf shouldn’t exist when Rings of Power takes place. You mess with the lore, you anger the fans.

Personally, I think this show is extremely poorly written and acted. Not a fan of the clear agenda politics, but the terrible writing trumps all of it. But…like what you like.
All the guys you listed as not white are white Latino's. Which are still white men.
Pedro Pascal often gets cast in roles that are traditionally white. Not because they are bringing diversity to the roles, but because he gets to be a white actor when he wants to. He's also playing Mr Fantastic, and his characters name will still be reed richards, they aren't going to change the characters background and call him Reed Vasquez, he's just going to be playing a white person in that role.

Last edited: