‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
That was my only real gripe with Ahsoka, how dry and robotic their acting came off at times. It was borderline :russell: inducing at times. Other than that I didn't have an issue with shows like Ahsoka and Kenobi.
That’s because the writing is ass, Disney refuses to hire talented writers. You have to be a queer or trans on their first writing job out of college writing for an IP they’ve never heard of to get a gig there

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
So I gave in and have watched the first two episodes of this show so far and I don't see where the hate is coming from. There is a reason why I asked has anyone read the High Republic novels and comics, because this is about what I expected a High Republic show to look and feel like. It's a different era of Jedi and the Galactic Republic, of course things are gonna be a little different than the prequel/galactic empire era.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Why? Lmao

The Jedi are so lame post phantom menace
Name a religious order on the planet that doesn't have non combat roles, if the religion even HAS combat roles in the first place. Even the US military not everyone is a frontline soldier, most soldiers support the frontline soldiers behind the lines, but they are still trained in frontline soldier tactics and skills.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I seem to be the only person who has no problem with this show :yeshrug:

With the exception of the sequel trilogy. I look at “Star Wars” now the same way I look at “Power.” I just take it for what it is…just don’t go out the way to insult my intelligence.

Yall nikkas hated “Obi-Wan,” “Askoa,” the last few seasons of “Mandoalorian” and the “Boba Fett” show.

Yall hate it….but yall keep watching. :sas1:
Nah I don't have a problem with this show either. Since I've read the High Republic books I actually like it for the most part.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Most people issue is how the Jedi are written and how lazy it can be. S1+S2 Mando and Andor are showcases they are capable to still write good even great stories. Why can't this be applied to the topic of the Jedi? What makes Star Wars special is the force. But not every story has to dive into that. Andor is an example of that.
The Jedi aren't allowed to do anything or be anybody. No love interest, no side jig or regular job, no hobbies, no nothing. For example - Superman is also Clark Kent who has a real job, a social life, Lois Lane, family in Smallville, etc. That's a lot of shyt to work with for a writer. It worked with Luke Skywalker cause he was a regular dude at first, a budding pilot on the side, and he was a f*ck up half the time which made his character hugely likeable and relatable. This sterile boring Jedi sh*t now is aweful.

-I'm just lurking BTW. I haven't watched a Star Wars show since Mando season 2. I'm hearing this Acolyte show awful tho

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
So I gave in and have watched the first two episodes of this show so far and I don't see where the hate is coming from. There is a reason why I asked has anyone read the High Republic novels and comics, because this is about what I expected a High Republic show to look and feel like. It's a different era of Jedi and the Galactic Republic, of course things are gonna be a little different than the prequel/galactic empire era.
What do you mean by you gave in? Were you boycotting the show?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
One of my pet peeves of the post lucas era of star wars is that they don't seem the understand that the jedi robes are meant to just be humble attire you would mistake for a farmer or monk.
They dress no differently than a moisture farmer.
owen-lars-main_08c717c8.jpeg

supposed to help them stay anonymous and not draw too much attention.
But since lucas left, these new writers treat them like police uniforms that the average person can readily identify as a jedi.
I think this is lost on the casual audience too. Yes the robe are iconic to us the audience, but in universe they are supposed to be unassuming
This is the high republic era, the Jedi were more like a police force in this era. The robes make sense.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
The hate doesnt involve the High Republic era per se but more the creative choices and expectations overall. The show just looks mediocre and most fans feel that Disney hasnt been handling the IP that well for the past 10years. It feels like a CW show for the most part.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Had no interest in this show but I see it's got white boys mad. Must have some combination of to many black people in it, to many women in it, or not enough white dikk in it. Guess I'll check it out next week.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The hate doesnt involve the High Republic era per se but more the creative choices and expectations overall. The show just looks mediocre and most fans feel that Disney hasnt been handling the IP that well for the past 10years. It feels like a CW show for the most part.
I mean this is actually one of the better shows Disney has done with Star Wars from what I'm watching. It isn't perfect, but it's definitely not trash. I won't act like there weren't a couple of cringe moments as far as how corny it was at that individual point, but it's definitely better than most of the other shows.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset