‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I honestly don't have a problem with the show so far. Its main flaw to me isn't the plot or anything like that.
Its the lead actress not being very charismatic, and the child actresses playing her younger self not being very good either.
I mean they went with an extended flashback scene in ashoka too, but i enjoyed the young ashoka actresses take possibly more than i like rosario actually.
Young leia in Obi Wan was great too. But these lil girls aren't good enough to carry extended scenes much less a full episode.
And the grown women hasn't really been all that impressive yet either.
That was my only real gripe with Ahsoka, how dry and robotic their acting came off at times. It was borderline :russell: inducing at times. Other than that I didn't have an issue with shows like Ahsoka and Kenobi.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
And I will never understand people wanting Star Wars WITHOUT Jedi's, Sith, or force users. If you took all that away from Star Wars I'd probably just watch nothing but Star Trek because it's always been better written and covers a far wider array of topics. Star Wars is interesting because of the fantasy elements mixed in with the sci-fi, not because the universe is just top notch on it's own.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
And I will never understand people wanting Star Wars WITHOUT Jedi's, Sith, or force users. If you took all that away from Star Wars I'd probably just watch nothing but Star Trek because it's always been better written and covers a far wider array of topics. Star Wars is interesting because of the fantasy elements mixed in with the sci-fi, not because the universe is just top notch on it's own.
I’ve had similar thoughts as well. That’s what all this shyt is based on. People say it’s a huge galaxy, show me something else. Well ok, but that’s not Star Wars.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Well to a certain extent, A jedi (old ben) was just a supporting character in a new hope. The franchise was carried initially by space pilots (Han solo in the Falcon) (Luke in his X-wing).

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Most people issue is how the Jedi are written and how lazy it can be. S1+S2 Mando and Andor are showcases they are capable to still write good even great stories. Why can't this be applied to the topic of the Jedi? What makes Star Wars special is the force. But not every story has to dive into that. Andor is an example of that.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man its all so mediocre. I wish it was painstakingly bad....but its not its just like why does this exist? There is no vision for greatness with any of these shows and to keep it a buck it feels the same way for a lot of disney plus shows. Just a plate a mid for no reason.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Most people issue is how the Jedi are written and how lazy it can be. S1+S2 Mando and Andor are showcases they are capable to still write good even great stories. Why can't this be applied to the topic of the Jedi? What makes Star Wars special is the force. But not every story has to dive into that. Andor is an example of that.
This is what confuses me. They are able to make good shows but seem to purposely make others bad. I dont know what it is but after watching andor and Mando 1&2, you can tell something is just off with this one. Like the writing is being pushed more by the plot tbh

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Honestly the idea of Jedi in the original trilogy was more interesting than what they actually are. When we saw people using the force in the OT it was like :gladbron:. The biggest that that would be cool for the Jedi is diving into the topic of what if one is willing to bend not break. We do see Sol in this show in a Qui-Gon fashion. He doesn't want to wait to discuss something when what they clearly need to do is right in front of them.

I honestly wanted to see in the sequels is how Luke pushed the Jedi to learn from their mistakes. Of course the direction took Luke's character was fukking awful, and we got the shyt we got in Last Jedi.

I feel like at this point there is only so much you can do with the Jedi. They are more boring, but that doesn't excuse the lazy storytelling of them as you said. Even when I played the first two KOTOR games the most interesting thing to me was the Sith. Since the Sith using the power of the dark side leads to unnatural things. You have characters like Bane, Sion, Nihlius and Kreia.
She isn't Sith or a dark side. Stop listening to the lies of small minded Jedi:mjpls:

She wanted to free the galaxy from the Force vs wanting to control it like the Sith

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
So the force magically made anakin but these lesbian witches can do it too :mjlol:
I mean, that's the point dude. There's a like 97% chance that these Nightsisters will (or already did) teach Plagueis this power. It was pretty on the nose foreshadowing when the head witch said "Some consider our powers dark, unnatural".

Also if the Zabrak night sister carried them, why are they human?

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cacs said this episode was supposed to be the downfall of the franchise :mjlol: I spent the whole ep waiting for something scandalous to happen
Right. I was waiting for Jar Jar Pinks to pop out or something.

It wasn't an amazing episode. It was mid. We've seen far, far worse. It's not the death of the franchise.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Well to a certain extent, A jedi (old ben) was just a supporting character in a new hope. The franchise was carried initially by space pilots (Han solo in the Falcon) (Luke in his X-wing).
i mean, they still talked about the force all thru the first star wars so it was always a strong mystical element within the universe, regardless of the presence of many jedi or sith. regardless of his role as supporting character.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The fact that Osha has nothing to do with the Jedi a decade later makes her decision as a child less interesting and just more confusing.

You don't feel like being a Jedi was ever her true calling. She just didn’t want to be a witch and was willing to get off that planet ASAP, and the Jedi just happened to be the first thing that came along.

Either the Jedi did something extremely shady (which seemed to be the implication in the first two episodes, but episode three shows they were just misguided in confronting the Coven, but not necessarily malicious), or Osha is just a drifter with no real purpose in life.
It's becomingly increasingly clear whatever happened to the nightsisters (or great value nightsisters, whatever) was caused by a nefarious character not yet revealed, and the Jedi were framed