‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Idk what's more damaging, the fact the Jedi were actually a burocratic police force (don't ask me how) or that they were a creepy cult that were taking children away to train them in their ways :mjcry:

They were always both...people just didn't think that deep about it. There's plenty of reasons for PLENTY of people to have beef with the Jedi. Imagine the Catholic Church circa 1490 and add in a little bit of mysticism and you basically got High Republic Jedi. They are a military, political and social force in and of themselves. It's no wonder people didn't mourn their eradication en masse.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I actually like the idea that the witches were fukking around with the force just like Plagueis did later. And, basically created force sensitive twins. It kind of lends itself to the story later on and adds to the lore about the force producing a child. I always found that idea to be vaguely explained and not explored enough to make all the mysteries behind the force more clear.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Ngl, this actually didn't feel like cheap LGBTQ pandering because it'd be interesting if they always used the magic to produce kids.

Let's not pretend that the amazonians from wonder woman aren't scissoring every night.

Still, the black woman hitting the alien lady with "bytch I'm the one that dikked you down" was :russ:

Off topic, but it's also :hubie: when these shows use lesbians for the LGBTQ card. When it's fruity men, I get the urge to switch the channel/skip past.
shyt, you won’t ever hear me complain about there being too many hoes :pachaha:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Asking a child actor to carry an episode like this one is just dumb. The poor kid that was playing Osha had an almost impossible task with what she had to do (emoting with her face) and the completely forgettable dialogue.

This is were you can tell the writing is just mediocre at best. As other have pointed out, there's nothing really wrong with what was shown, but there's an inability to make it compelling. So it just ends up being aight/bleh.

This did not feel like an essential episode -you can just catch ep.4 and you'll probably understand just as much as people who saw ep. 3- which is a miss because this was the "exposition dump" ep. and it didn't really contribute much. All that was shown could've been summarized by typical exposition dialogue and a two or three 5 minute flashback scenes.

This felt more CWish than the first two, and I saw a lot of complaints that the premiere felt too much like a CW show :francis:
This is probably the only problem with this past episode; the child carrying the entire episode. There definitely wasn’t enough thought put into shots, dialogue, etc for her to carry the episode by herself.

And, it seemed like she just wanted to be a Jedi out of thin air?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The "lesbian subtext" was there to directly allude to the witches being able to create life directly from the force. Which is how Anakin came to be. The only Zabrak mother said it. "What will they do when they find out HOW you created them? (the twins.)" The head witch created the twins solely from the Force (which they call "the thread".) and the Zabrak mother carried/gave birth to them.

I'm assuming that potentially the person that is training Mae is
Darth Plageus aka Palpatine's master and the one who taught him how to create life from the force.

I feel you to a certain extent, I generally hate kids in movies/shows unless it is distinctly a kid product. But this aspect of the story needed to be told. Now the hand brake is off.

I like your theory and if thats where they are going with this series then all of the Hate its recieving will be redeemed. I wait for the whole story to be complete to judge so im sticking with it til the end

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Would've preferred a little more action, but I thought this was pretty good. I thought the acting was some of the better acting in the franchise.

Of course, any Star Wars show with too many minorities and/or women is going to descend into culture war nonsense and people claiming the show is "woke" :yeshrug: but what can you do

So did the Jedi have something to do with the fire? Seems like the direction they're going in.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The black eyes thing reappearing again is making me think the black mom possessed one of the Jedi, probably Indara, and is still in there. Mae’s master isn’t a Sith. Just a possessed Jedi.

In theory that would be ILL but idk. She woulda recognized Mae off the rip

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
In theory that would be ILL but idk. She woulda recognized Mae off the rip
I’m thinking it works like a Jekyll/Hyde thing. Indara doesn’t realize she’s still possessed.

i just feel like everyone of the Jedi seemed to be paying penance. Sol took Mae. Torbin took a silence vow. it looks like the Wookie left the order. We never saw what happened with Indara.

Idk. I just feel like that two/many is more powerful mantra is telling us something beyond just the twins. Two in one body.

Also maybe the coven divided behind each lesbian mother and a fight happened. That’s why the black mother’s body was separate from the others.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
If only George Lucas had taken notes from Tolkien...

GP4w-e-KWQAU5z0-V.jpg

Who wants to take the DeLorean and go back in time to tell him what Amazon did with his properties? :francis:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Idk what's more damaging, the fact the Jedi were actually a burocratic police force (don't ask me how) or that they were a creepy cult that were taking children away to train them in their ways :mjcry:
I mean it is mentioned the Jedi maintained peace in the galaxy, so that shouldn't come as a surprise. It is part of their downfall in episode 3 as they were simply arrogant in what they thought was right.

The witches were explicitly trying to shut off the twins from the rest of the world. Essentially it's brainwashing. The thing I wonder is for Jedi when they asked kids to train becoming a Jedi. Is it illusion of choice? You are gifted, and you are special unlike other kids. It kind of would push a kid to want to become a Jedi.

This episode was fine, but honestly it would have worked better as episode 1. Deadass Mae malding :mjlol:. I swear I think the Zabrak mom put Mae up to do something. If there is no dead body of hers she is def alive? Also, the main witch manipulating a Jedi to kill the witches is a possibility? Though I don't understand their motives for doing it.

Mae basically took everything from Osha. Adding to the fact she was getting framed for the Jedi that Mae killed. Why the hell did she let Mae go?