‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, from the way it looked it's hard to imagine Mae causing so much damage, in so short of time :patrice:. If Saul was able to flee, not sure why some of the witches wouldn't be able to. Carolyn (sp) did seem the most upset about the Jedi presence at their homeland.

Although it does seem weird the Jedi didn't want kids using the gift, but would rather train young ones themselves.

Jodi Turner Smith looking :whoo:this episode.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
They apparently spent 22.5 million on each episode. I'd love to know where they spent that on this epsiode?

As for the episode itself the lesbian subtext was corny.

My theory whoever the 'sith' is probably also felt the force and came looking for the children. Or one of those witches was playing possum... Did they show the other mother? The alien one. Not Jodi Smith Turner?

The thing that shocks me the most about the show so far is how dull everything is.

I can't even hate it. I'm just baffled how you get this much money and not make something exciting or that has me on the edge of my seat.

Let's do a comparison

The Prison Arc from Andor is just people talking and finally escaping but that arc had more tense drama and intrigue in one episode than this show has managed in 3 episodes and I doubt it will get any better.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
we need an audit on the budget. These episodes are half in the woods. Wheres the money going?

This one shoulda either been a 10 minute flashback in another episode or spread around the other epispodes if they wanted exposition that bad.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They apparently spent 22.5 million on each episode. I'd love to know where they spent that on this epsiode?

As for the episode itself the lesbian subtext was corny.

My theory whoever the 'sith' is probably also felt the force and came looking for the children. Or one of those witches was playing possum... Did they show the other mother? The alien one. Not Jodi Smith Turner?

The thing that shocks me the most about the show so far is how dull everything is.

I can't even hate it. I'm just baffled how you get this much money and not make something exciting or that has me on the edge of my seat.

Let's do a comparison

The Prison Arc from Andor is just people talking and finally escaping but that arc had more tense drama and intrigue in one episode than this show has managed in 3 episodes and I doubt it will get any better.

The "lesbian subtext" was there to directly allude to the witches being able to create life directly from the force. Which is how Anakin came to be. The only Zabrak mother said it. "What will they do when they find out HOW you created them? (the twins.)" The head witch created the twins solely from the Force (which they call "the thread".) and the Zabrak mother carried/gave birth to them.

I'm assuming that potentially the person that is training Mae is
Darth Plageus aka Palpatine's master and the one who taught him how to create life from the force.

I feel you to a certain extent, I generally hate kids in movies/shows unless it is distinctly a kid product. But this aspect of the story needed to be told. Now the hand brake is off.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I really wish this whole episode wasn’t a flashback. Not really my cup of tea when it comes to storytelling.

This shorty Mae really left her sister to die. Wtf. Osha better settle that blood debt the next time they meet.

Also, based on this flashback episode, what exactly did Torbin need “absolution” from? We never see the Jedi doing any fukk shyt. Unless they’re the ones who killed all the witches. shyt ain’t adding up.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
looked like too much stage craft tech in ep 3.

no long straight line walks.

few to no wide-distance establishing/zoom shots.

close cam.

it makes it seem too claustrophobic. like i'm standing amongst the actors.

like watching a stage play. while standing on the stage.

:hubie:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This shyt isn't dumpster juice, its a waste landfill...

180 million...for this? Dollars or Pesos? This is a serious question...

looked like too much stage craft tech in ep 3.

no long straight line walks.

few to no wide-distance establishing/zoom shots.

close cam.

it makes it seem too claustrophobic. like i'm standing amongst the actors.

like watching a stage play. while standing on the stage.

:hubie:
I mentioned star trek and I listened to another podcast (the midnight boys) compare it too...it felt like a DS9 or TNG episode...this shyt was small as hell and even the music felt Trekkie

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Also, based on this flashback episode, what exactly did Torbin need “absolution” from? We never see the Jedi doing any fukk shyt. Unless they’re the ones who killed all the witches. shyt ain’t adding up.

He was a padawan at the time and not fully trained. My guess is that he tried to stop Mae but it backfired and something went badly wrong. The Jedi tried to cover it up. This entire thing is very likely an allegory for historical religious orders and their atrocities.

blah

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what is going to take to get through your thick skulls....Disney is not marketing these shows for Coli brehs...when you finally understand that...the circle jerking will end.

I repeat

Disney is not marketing these shows for Coli brehs

Who are they marketing it for? Some niche audience of dykes? This shyt is :trash:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what is going to take to get through your thick skulls....Disney is not marketing these shows for Coli brehs...when you finally understand that...the circle jerking will end.

I repeat

The Star Wars fan base skews towards older men—who the fukk are these shows for then??

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I’m trying to figure out how you have a fat Jedi. I mean constant training since you were a child, quality and most likely healthy food to make sure you are a fine tuned machine and your fat? Like how?
Some jedi aren't fighters. They have teachers like, accountants, librarians, cooks, etc.