‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
What doesn’t make good business sense is continuing to do what they’ve been doing….putting out product that’s mediocre. Disney‘s handling of the Star Wars franchise absolutely puzzles me. They spent $4 billion dollars to purchase the franchise and have done nothing to make it profitable. The theme park isn’t drawing people in, they’ve had to shut down a hotel dedicated to the Star Wars experience, the only film that actually made them a real profit is Force Awakens (which was purely nostalgia driven) and they‘ve put out mediocre show after mediocre show. They had a money maker in Mando and Grogu, but bushed them because everything has to be female centered. Nobody watched Andor because of the apathy people feel for Star Wars universe. Now…let’s force a bunch of gay people in it! That always works! :snoop:

Any other business head would fire everyone at the top and completely revamp everything. Listening to the older fans isn’t a bad thing. Trying to keep your franchise alive while shutting them out….is. The results are right in front of us.

Her “Force is female” iniative hasnt truly worked as planned either. Rey was suppose to be the new face of Star Wars but its clearly Mando and Grogu. I even think more women buy Grogu merchandise than any other new female character she put at the forefront. Outside of Ashoka, which is Dave Filoni’s character and pre Disney, I dont think theres been any other female character thats actually outstandingly popular with the fans in the past 10years since Disney owned it.

Mando, Grogu, Kal Kestis and Cassian Andor are carrying the team.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
SW post Lucas has lacked in the alien department. they shoehorned in one cantina-adjacent scene per sequel movie, and Baby Yoda literally carried their entire universe for the last 5 years, but name 1 other memorable alien. you can name Maz Kanata. You can name Babu Frick. Name one more. neither of those were big characters. Chewy is still alive, but they never had a new Chewy type in the sequel trilogy. something always felt like it was missing. every SW crew should have a non-humanoid alien creature. i think they're terrified for another Jar Jar

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
they seemed to think "fukk it, the core audience will always be there, let's reach out to the other demographics" which is fine in theory, and smart... but the core audience seems dead nowadays. they took the og fans for granted.
They're very wrong, this trash and the Rey movie will both LOSE money...

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Rey is one of the best characters they've introduced in the Disney era. wasn't her fault the directors of 8 and 9 hated each other's previous movie. she could have been a great character, but they fukked it all up. doesn't mean i'm looking forward to that shyt.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
A game of thrones type of show set in the old republic with different factions of the sith empire vying for power/ to become emperor would be absolute fire

Or a mature show set during order 66 showing a group of unknown Jedi trying to survive clones, bounty hunters and inquisitors trying to hunt them would also be interesting to watch

They could do a show about the Hutt Mafia :mjgrin:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Rey is one of the best characters they've introduced in the Disney era. wasn't her fault the directors of 8 and 9 hated each other's previous movie. she could have been a great character, but they fukked it all up. doesn't mean i'm looking forward to that shyt.
Daisy Ridley’s mom is that you??

TDT

All Star
Daps
Mando, Grogu, Kal Kestis and Cassian Andor are carrying the team.
Time will tell if Kay Vess joins him in the SW videogame side of things

star-wars-outlaws-interview-Jun23.jpg

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
you lost me.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Finally saw the first two episodes and I'm digging it. The fight choreography is really good. I'm glad they didn't waste a lot of time on the sister reveal or on Osha being guilty.