‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mjlol:

Star Wars fans are by far the most toxic fan base out there. There is dead ass NO satisfying them.

George Lucas made it quite clear about his viewpoint of the entire franchise. ITS FOR KIDS!

If his takes place 100 years before “Phantom Menace” then they have free reign to do whatever the fukk they want. Either you with it or you ain’t :yeshrug:

When it comes to this show. :obama:I like the premise.

At this point you just have to accept that a large percentage of Star Wars fans hate anything where the protagonist isn't a white guy. :yeshrug:

Nothing you can do about that, it is what it is.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I will wait to critique at the end. Wish it was darker. Especially when showing the sith. Mae needs to be on some real evil sh1t. I think trinity is her master. Something I noticed in their duel.

disney+ has every opportunity to make a dark rated R star wars movie/show. I dunno why that can't be an option on a streaming platform.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
disney+ has every opportunity to make a dark rated R star wars movie/show. I dunno why that can't be an option on a streaming platform.

Because it doesn't make business sense to make an R-rated Star Wars movie or show. They aren't going to want to limit their audience for no reason. Especially for one of their most important franchises.

Personally I don't see why a Star Wars show needs to be R-rated though. Is being more violent and edgy going to make the show better?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:mjlol:

Star Wars fans are by far the most toxic fan base out there. There is dead ass NO satisfying them.

George Lucas made it quite clear about his viewpoint of the entire franchise. ITS FOR KIDS!

If his takes place 100 years before “Phantom Menace” then they have free reign to do whatever the fukk they want. Either you with it or you ain’t :yeshrug:

When it comes to this show. :obama:I like the premise.
To be fair George only marketed the kids angle after the third movie because as an independent film producer he need that toy merch revenue to pay for these films. If he had a major studio backing him he probably would've maintained the same tone as empire for the rest of his movies.
Because it doesn't make business sense to make an R-rated Star Wars movie or show. They aren't going to want to limit their audience for no reason. Especially for one of their most important franchises.

Personally I don't see why a Star Wars show needs to be R-rated though. Is being more violent and edgy going to make the show better?
hard to do justice to the "war" aspect of starwars with kid friendly stuff. but i agree it don't have to be rated r. Just similar in tone and maturity to empire strikes back and andor is enough.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South

Doesnt need to be r-rated but the tone could be a bit more mature. Like Pirates of the Caribbean or LoTR, those franchises had comedy and serious aspects to it. s1 and s2 of the Mandolorian portrayed this tone pretty well.

I just want lightsabers to work and stormtroopers to be more than dumb soldiers used to sell toys.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
it's like they have a crutch to make dogshyt b/c they know they have the built in victim complex to lean back on when a small percentage of blue check incels start rambling about the same bullshyt. just make something fukkin good for once.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:

A game of thrones type of show set in the old republic with different factions of the sith empire vying for power/ to become emperor would be absolute fire

Or a mature show set during order 66 showing a group of unknown Jedi trying to survive clones, bounty hunters and inquisitors trying to hunt them would also be interesting to watch

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I can already guess who the acolyte is or the master based on what has transpired. Crazy thing is it is so obvious…unless I am tripping.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

@daemonova is white people crying?

I think a lot of people are. Look at this thread. Just like with another movie that rhymes with the narvels, some people been waiting for years to complain about this…

He man woman haters club took a break for Barbie and they said that mistake will never happen again…