‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
A game of thrones type of show set in the old republic with different factions of the sith empire vying for power/ to become emperor would be absolute fire

Or a mature show set during order 66 showing a group of unknown Jedi trying to survive clones, bounty hunters and inquisitors trying to hunt them would also be interesting to watch
Darth Banes first book is literally all this with massive dark side force fukkery and lightsaber training thrown in as well.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Everyone talking about episode 3 will be the final deathblow for the franchise...

A dagger insta killing a Jedi after previously watching THREE people get run through with a lightsaber and surviving (Reva TWICE, Grand Inquisitor and Sabine Wren) is hard to top...Whoever writes these trash shows has no sense continuity, its like they all do their own thing...

The writers of this disaster have to come up something REALLY fukking stupid to top that dagger scene, like assassinate Yoda's character or something...

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Everyone talking about episode 3 will be the final deathblow for the franchise...

A dagger insta killing a Jedi after previously watching THREE people get run through with a lightsaber and surviving (Reva TWICE, Grand Inquisitor and Sabine Wren) is hard to top...Whoever writes these trash shows has no sense continuity, its like they all do their own thing...

The writers of this disaster have to come up something REALLY fukking stupid to top that dagger scene, like assassinate Yoda's character or something...
They do and normally who's hired aren't actually into Star Wars

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I actually heard Harloff, who is a prime example of an entitled Star Wars fan (because he has a youtube following), say he was "meh" about the show but episode 3 was a legit very good piece of TV. He's a guy who nitpicks SW to death, specially every single Disney+ TV show it ain't like he gives them a pass:manny:

It’s Indara I could be wrong but the fact they hired Carrie Anne Moss only to kill her of that quickly doesn’t make sense.
I was thinking it might the Jedi Master we haven't seen that was stationed with Solo, Torbin and Indara when the fire happened.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

A knife to heart seems like a plausible death... Especially in a series where a woman can die in child birth while connected to machines that have been showed to bring ppl back to life.

Plus I doubt they hired Carrie Ann Moss for a 5 min action scene and 10 lines of dialogue.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That's all i got, I stopped watching after kenobi.

I remember when I was young and waiting 3 years for the new star wars movies (phantom menace etc). And now at 37 they are just beating a dead horse at this point.

All I want disney .... all i want is a GOOD STORY. That's it, don't go half way go all the way this could be a major hit if they have balls to go all the way to the dark side.

But it's disney and they don't care so it's whatever.

Who hurt you :picard:
You hate black women :picard:
Your momma black :picard:

:troll:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Darth Banes first book is literally all this with massive dark side force fukkery and lightsaber training thrown in as well.
thats why disney is so fukking stupid, there are several fantastic sith related books that they can just adapt, which is a lot easier to do than write an original

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Because it doesn't make business sense to make an R-rated Star Wars movie or show. They aren't going to want to limit their audience for no reason. Especially for one of their most important franchises.

Personally I don't see why a Star Wars show needs to be R-rated though. Is being more violent and edgy going to make the show better?
What doesn’t make good business sense is continuing to do what they’ve been doing….putting out product that’s mediocre. Disney‘s handling of the Star Wars franchise absolutely puzzles me. They spent $4 billion dollars to purchase the franchise and have done nothing to make it profitable. The theme park isn’t drawing people in, they’ve had to shut down a hotel dedicated to the Star Wars experience, the only film that actually made them a real profit is Force Awakens (which was purely nostalgia driven) and they‘ve put out mediocre show after mediocre show. They had a money maker in Mando and Grogu, but bushed them because everything has to be female centered. Nobody watched Andor because of the apathy people feel for Star Wars universe. Now…let’s force a bunch of gay people in it! That always works! :snoop:

Any other business head would fire everyone at the top and completely revamp everything. Listening to the older fans isn’t a bad thing. Trying to keep your franchise alive while shutting them out….is. The results are right in front of us.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
they seemed to think "fukk it, the core audience will always be there, let's reach out to the other demographics" which is fine in theory, and smart... but the core audience seems dead nowadays. they took the og fans for granted.