‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know we saw a Wookie at the end... but the Jedi just aren't cool anymore. who was the last cool Jedi character? has there been one in the Disney age? thinking back, has there ever been a cool Jedi? even Sam Jackson was just an authoritarian. Anakin was a bytch. Luke had bytch tendencies. Obi Wan was a monk. Qui Gon was a terrible Jedi. i guess Yoda is the only one
Qui-Gon, for me.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This was decent, but I honestly don't have a lot to say about it.

Not super invested in the characters yet, but the plot is interesting and I'm curious as to who the Sith Lord is (hopefully Plagueis). I enjoyed the fact that the fight scenes aren't as focused on lightsabers and instead they're just throwing force hands.

peppe

Superstar
Daps

That's all i got, I stopped watching after kenobi.

I remember when I was young and waiting 3 years for the new star wars movies (phantom menace etc). And now at 37 they are just beating a dead horse at this point.

All I want disney .... all i want is a GOOD STORY. That's it, don't go half way go all the way this could be a major hit if they have balls to go all the way to the dark side.

But it's disney and they don't care so it's whatever.

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
In some circles, the discourse has amounted to:

"this sucks!"

"Okay, why?"

"They just think they can do stuff!"
"Yeah, because they're characters that exist in a story. :gucci: "
"YOU DON'T GET IT! I NEED A JUSTIFICATION FOR THEIR EXISTENCE OF DOING STUFF :damn: "
:mjlol:

Star Wars fans are by far the most toxic fan base out there. There is dead ass NO satisfying them.

George Lucas made it quite clear about his viewpoint of the entire franchise. ITS FOR KIDS!

If this takes place 100 years before “Phantom Menace” then they have free reign to do whatever the fukk they want. Either you with it or you ain’t :yeshrug:

When it comes to this show. :obama:I like the premise.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
One of my pet peeves of the post lucas era of star wars is that they don't seem the understand that the jedi robes are meant to just be humble attire you would mistake for a farmer or monk.
They dress no differently than a moisture farmer.
owen-lars-main_08c717c8.jpeg

supposed to help them stay anonymous and not draw too much attention.
But since lucas left, these new writers treat them like police uniforms that the average person can readily identify as a jedi.
I think this is lost on the casual audience too. Yes the robe are iconic to us the audience, but in universe they are supposed to be unassuming

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
For me, Andor has set the bar on how to write a well crafted Star Wars show. I feel that many of these shows hide behind special effects and space magic rather than a deeply intriguing script. Acolyte is coming off a bit rushed.