‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
I find it better than Boba Fett and Obi-wan (hate to say it). There are some minor nitpicks and conveniences that seem to add up after a while tho. I thought the 2nd episode was better than the first. Sol seems to be the better developed character. I like Yord even though hes annoying, I think he should've had another character with an opposing personality to balance him out more tho.

I wouldnt say im excited but I am interested. However with the way its going, I feel it could lose momentum with The Boys, HotD and the Bear coming out in the same month. The writing quality isnt on par so far.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
I will wait to critique at the end. Wish it was darker. Especially when showing the sith. Mae needs to be on some real evil sh1t. I think trinity is her master. Something I noticed in their duel.

I feel disney has a habit of not making its villians “villainous”. They always have them be “misguided/manipulated”. I get that you dont want a cartoony evil villain and you want their motivations to be understood, but like why do we need to sympathize with them? Make them evil lmao

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
"You lost your entire family. Your MOTHERS. Your sister"

So no Black Father? :mjlol:

Turned this LGBT AGENDA driven BULLshyt OFF right THERE :mjlol:

You can have gay writers and gay characters as long as the writing is solid. Sandman was gay as shyt, even the cat was gay but the writing was dope and the series was dope.

This shyt is just lazy writing. How the prisoners escaped the ship, the chase and her ending at a cliff, her following a figure and finding the poisoned Jedi only then to be accused because she got there first, the evil twin sister that they assumed was dead. All this shyt is lazy ass writing that the audience saw a mile away.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
World building is boring.
Cosplay is boring, Asohka was all cosplay.

You looked at them soccer balls under Amanda tank top and you was like, "I'm good"

Enjoy the yt man ashiness you watching after this.

@Realm-Breaker @Bryan Danielson @Peter Popoff get ya man

Ok, I saw some stuff on Twitter, asokha was better.

Asokha was better! @Art Barr

Look, Rosario Dawson was a bad betch, still a bad betch, but she might not do all the tricks in the bedroom she used to do, if she did em in the first place.

Amanda on her best day ain't Rosario.

This post is brought to you by Jim Bean Devils cut.

581494.jpg

Maybe this is why.
my piracy feed.
Keeps timing out after the bar encounter.

Is this some sign. A foreshadow.
Like a bat signal shining.
in the sky of the internet mind's eye.

this shyt will anger me.

Has disney tried.
to ruin morality with Star Wars again?

Art Barr
Parker lewis : mental note....

*feed connection.
to my rick and morty Brand.
intergalactic cable piracy box has not worked all day on this acolyte shyt.

HAN SOlO : I got a bad feeling about this.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps

Headland has been telegraphing this silliness from the beginning. It's becoming a consistent theme across several properties: the suits keep hiring writers and directors who know nothing about the IPs and don't care about the background or the tentpole characters, nor do they care to build on established lore.

So you get the lazy/clumsy content that you get. :manny:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lets see main character is mixed, other jedis around are Asian and black :mjpls:

nah its typical disney crap with their pathetic agendas
:ohhh: I didn't even notice. But we should be seeing more than white folks in Star Wars anyway. If it gets a season two, I hope it's 99% non-white. Nothing against white folks but non-whites are typically left out of science fiction/fantasy which is insane because the majority of people on Earth are nonwhite.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i know we saw a Wookie at the end... but the Jedi just aren't cool anymore. who was the last cool Jedi character? has there been one in the Disney age? thinking back, has there ever been a cool Jedi? even Sam Jackson was just an authoritarian. Anakin was a bytch. Luke had bytch tendencies. Obi Wan was a monk. Qui Gon was a terrible Jedi. i guess Yoda is the only one

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps

Star Wars fans did it again :blessed:

Surely much like the coli this is all based on legitimate criticisms and not racism and sexism :blessed:

In some circles, the discourse has amounted to:

"this sucks!"

"Okay, why?"

"They just think they can do stuff!"
"Yeah, because they're characters that exist in a story. :gucci: "
"YOU DON'T GET IT! I NEED A JUSTIFICATION FOR THEIR EXISTENCE OF DOING STUFF :damn: "

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Damn, why is this getting so many bad reviews?

It pretty much stems from a lot of the star wars fan base not liking the Lucasfilm CEO Kathleen Kennedy. Some of their opinions are trollish but some are also warranted. The sequel trilogy divided the fanbase very badly, then the mandolorian brought it back only for it to be divided once again due to less than stellar Disney+ shows.

A lot of the complaints range from the hiring of directors who dont know Star Wars lore or George Lucus’ vision, bad writing quality, Lucasfilm leadership bad mouthing their own fanbase, the creative choice to kill Luke Skywalker (who is the cornerstone of the franchise), corporatism that views the IP as just a cash cow (Iger said this apparently) and of course culture war issues.
A lot of fans are now invested in showing displeasure through not buying certain products or disliking, and review bombing new shows instead of watching them.

The culture war trolls seem to be in charge of most of the review bombing, however I dont think they represent the majority of fans. A large part of the Star Wars fanbase that participates in the Star Wars economy are just opting not to watch or buy new Disney products.

Meanwhile, Kathleen Kennedy has been unable to mend the issues through her leadership. Imo she is hyper focused on the culture war trolls and dismissing them but ignoring legitimate complaints from the fans in the process. I think her contract is up in 2026 and she will bow out, but i dont think they will fire her.