‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I agree. It's so tedious. Gender and sexuality is most of these shows big sells, not character and interesting story and they flop each and everytime.

It's a damn shame as a show that doesn't have to make a big deal that it has a 'diverse' cast is welcome but not when they do it like this.

Andor had a diverse cast, and a lot of good roles for women, it can be done.

I feel they put these black actress in mid divisive shyt and let them take the barrage of negativity.

But Lucasfilm, moreover Kathleen Kennedy is a terrible president.

How can South Park basically make you a parody of yourself?
Man...imagine if DISNEY had optioned Dune / Dune 2...think of the abomination we would've gotten. Zendaya probably would be the Duke of Arrakis and the final battle in 2 would've been her vs Millie Bobby brown or something, while the evil emperor (Idris Elba, with a Killmonger cut) bowed down to her at the end, and she wedded Lady Gaga to take over the galaxy.

I'm not even sensitive to these issues, I live in motherfukin SEATTLE, but they're so lazy with it.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i just hope we're beyond the point where pointing this shyt out doesn't automatically label you a Trumper (essentially my worst fear at this point) b/c i'll say, "aight, we get it, take it easy" and they'll say, "Disney wants to eradicate the flat Earth of straight people. it's all part of the jewish agenda."

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
i just hope we're beyond the point where pointing this shyt out doesn't automatically label you a Trumper (essentially my worst fear at this point) b/c i'll say, "aight, we get it, take it easy" and they'll say, "Disney wants to eradicate the flat Earth of straight people. it's all part of the jewish agenda."
It has come back to bite Disney for sure. I’m progressive but they have gone completely overboard with all this shyt. You can be diverse and you can make statements and push ideas when it is done in an artful manner that makes sense within the context of what you’re creating. No one is trying to watch this pandering bullshyt when the writing and directing is absolute garbage.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cacs are calling it woke but I asked my brother and basically said :mjpls:

So I’m definitely watching now:sas2::sas2:

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Just speculating, does anyone else think the twins will have something to do with being a dyad in the force like in SWE9 and maybe the bring back the sith?

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Daggers are more deadly in Disney Star Wars than lightsabers are... :dead:
Getting stabbed by a lightsaber = flesh wound
Getting hit with a dinky knife = Insta Kill :mjlol:

I knew that promo poster with the blood lightsaber was BS. That weapon is straight power ranger status. It only works on droids lol

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoa I just read what episode 3,4 are gonna be AND I won’t be watching this shyt.:picard:

Star Wars just hasn’t been for me in 20 years, it really ended with the Force Unleashed game but the last movie I liked was Episode 3.

Y’all gon see when the next one drops next week… the fans are gonna explode :mjlol:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
What's the reason?

Apparently the twins were “born of the force” with hints that it was the witches/moms who used force powers to do it. It potentially ruins anakins character as the Chosen One supposedly.

If true, I have no idea why they would do this and I dont think a lot of people will accept it. It could be that they want to poke the fire to get more people to “hate watch” the show and talk about it online then do a 180 later. Who knows. :yeshrug:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Whoa I just read what episode 3,4 are gonna be AND I won’t be watching this shyt.:picard:

Star Wars just hasn’t been for me in 20 years, it really ended with the Force Unleashed game but the last movie I liked was Episode 3.

Y’all gon see when the next one drops next week… the fans are gonna explode :mjlol:
I read about it too. With all the backlash of “The fandom menace” idk why they would open themselves up to this.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think I saw what you did there.
I mean, the flaws or "midness" of the show is way more forgivable if you are into Star Wars. If you don't care about it, I have a hard time picturing people staying with it after the first 2 eps.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Cacs are calling it woke but I asked my brother and basically said :mjpls:

So I’m definitely watching now:sas2::sas2:

I DESPISE how these cacs have co-opted the word and made it something that it is not.

that being said, KNOW YOUR fukkIN AUDIENCE!!!!