‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The first one.

Plus Eddy Gordo
Plus this dude
I could continue

How many brotha's IRL do you know with this cut?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Looks like Disney did it again :banderas: we got another one :blessed:

Classic twin storyline. hilarious hijinks from a lovable robot friend. Immaculate choreography. We really back :blessed:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
guarantee it's a woman
Yep, and I think I know what woman it is.

She's a coli 'fave' as well :mjlol:

I do hope it's her for maximum hilarity.

As for the show, very, very mid, the acting aside from 2 people is fairly poor. The lines they are getting them to read are so full of exposition it makes usually OK actors look bad.

The fight scenes are OK, but I get the feeling they will overuse them so much they become less interesting as they go. Better than Obi Wan's fight scenes though.

But the Jedi are always so fukking dumb, its frustrating to watch.

Shows what quality Andor was where the characters showed a lot more common sense.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Taskmaster being a girl still made my nephew mad asf...for reasons only on how badass his action figures looked, Taskmaster became his favorite...he was confused and mad aaf...he started calling his action figures and Funko pop "boy taskmaster" 😆
Taskmaster being a girl was fine, it was just such a "blah" character.

i hate that i'm slowly agreeing with the worst people alive as the years pass about shyt like this, but it's gonna be a woman. they can't stop themselves. main character on this show had "moms." "who give a fukk," i know, and i'm usually right there with ya, but man, can they just sit one out? stop giving "neckbeards" fodder. the fukk does that add to the character?

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Taskmaster being a girl was fine, it was just such a "blah" character.

i hate that i'm slowly agreeing with the worst people alive as the years pass about shyt like this, but it's gonna be a woman. they can't stop themselves. main character on this show had "moms." "who give a fukk," i know, and i'm usually right there with ya, but man, can they just sit one out? stop giving "neckbeards" fodder. the fukk does that add to the character?

I agree. It's so tedious. Gender and sexuality is most of these shows big sells, not character and interesting story and they flop each and everytime.

It's a damn shame as a show that doesn't have to make a big deal that it has a 'diverse' cast is welcome but not when they do it like this.

Andor had a diverse cast, and a lot of good roles for women, it can be done.

I feel they put these black actress in mid divisive shyt and let them take the barrage of negativity.

But Lucasfilm, moreover Kathleen Kennedy is a terrible president.

How can South Park basically make you a parody of yourself?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I agree. It's so tedious. Gender and sexuality is most of these shows big sells, not character and interesting story and they flop each and everytime.

It's a damn shame as a show that doesn't have to make a big deal that it has a 'diverse' cast is welcome but not when they do it like this.

Andor had a diverse cast, and a lot of good roles for women, it can be done.

I feel they put these black actress in mid divisive shyt and let them take the barrage of negativity.

But Lucasfilm, moreover Kathleen Kennedy is a terrible president.

How can South Park basically make you a parody of yourself?
seriously, that South Park episode alone should have made them pivot if only a little. she's seems like a stubborn moron if we're being honest.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
DEI strikes again!
at this point, after the years and years of all the "we're inclusive. representation matters. don't listen to the trump c*nts, etc." shyt, it feels like they just do shyt now to rev that bullshyt up. they crave it, and think it helps. feels cynical.

this show will have some non binary shyt or something, just to push a little more. race and to a lesser degree sex has never and should have never really mattered in star wars. we're talking about a film series that has a fukkin dog monster guy as a main character, who gives a fukk what the people look like? it's all the other shyt they keep sneaking in, and i hate to say it, shyt is played out now. reign it in a little.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
at this point, after the years and years of all the "we're inclusive. representation matters. don't listen to the trump c*nts, etc." shyt, it feels like they just do shyt now to rev that bullshyt up. they crave it, and think it helps. feels cynical.

this show will have some non binary shyt or something, just to push a little more. race and to a lesser degree sex has never and should have never really mattered in star wars. we're talking about a show that has a fukkin dog monster guy as a main character, who gives a fukk what the people look like? it's all the other shyt they keep sneaking in, and i hate to say it, shyt is played out now. reign it in a little.

When I heard "the fire killed yous sisters, your MOTHERS"....I just shook my head

Conz

Superstar
Daps
When I heard "the fire killed yous sisters, your MOTHERS"....I just shook my head
exactly. i felt like a fukkin jedi, b/c i immediately heard the groans of millions of people. like they're afraid some weirdo is gonna write an article about how there are no lesbian mothers on this... when in reality the people they're trying to pander to are probably all writing thoughtful thinkpieces about how "queercoded that little alien girl is." etc.

fukkin whatsherface in Dr. Strange had 2 moms. you're doing enough, Disney. relax a little. your SW audience is as low as it's ever been

Last edited: