The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Yea one of the greatest QBs and head coach/offensive mind ever

1 out of 32.....isn't saying much

When @STAN JONES wanted harbs gone before 2023 season. I was cool with it and suggested Jim Harbs or Brian Billick returns.

Could either coach not work with the talent and call/orchestra a better game plan in the AFC title game? I think more coaches than Andy Reid could make it work.... that's a little too out there of a take for me to stomach, I can't rock with that rebuttal.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When @STAN JONES wanted harbs gone before 2023 season. I was cool with it and suggested Jim Harbs or Brian Billick returns.

Could either coach not work with the talent and call/orchestra a better game plan in the AFC title game? I think more coaches than Andy Reid could make it work.... that's a little too out there of a take for me to stomach, I can't rock with that rebuttal.

:what: What are you talking about?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
thats not even in his top 10 for me

and hes had worst playoff games

remember blowing 2 14 point leads to the Pats when they kept doing the same trick play Harbs couldnt figure out so he just had a meltdown on the sidelines and blames the refs :heh:
I referenced that one earlier and it’s way up the list, but they also had the worst secondary in pro football that season so I don’t think there’s as much that they could’ve done in regards to that one when no defensive back on the team could cover or tackle, especially when both of Flacco’s picks came on second down with plenty of time left with him throwing off his back foot in a clean pocket into double coverage. The afc title game had an obvious solution that never even crossed his mind all week leading up to it. For me it’s the worst coaching performance in league history. It was basically Atlanta’s 4th quarter of Super Bowl 51 stretched out to an entire game.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Pretty sure until the 2008-10 era teams that Peyton always kept his backs involved in the offense. It’s even worse when the team is built like the ravens where they’re built to keep running it to wear down defenses so they get hammered on the ground by the 4th quarter. Meanwhile a staple of their playoff exits in the Lamar era is abandoning the run early in a panic when there’s no reason to and asking Lamar to do the Michael Vick 21 point 4th quarter comeback vs the giants in 2010 as if that’s sustainable.
the team is built poorly

you go out and sign a I formation bell cow like Henry that doesnt fit your scheme then get rid of your run blocking olineman and draft a olineman whos a pass blocker who struggles in the run game

you let Odell and Duv go and only bring in a 4th round rookie who you dont play

you pay Madibuike 25 mill per when hes not a game wrecker and never has been

you draft a CB round 1 when the secondary is probably the deepest position on the team

deepest oline draft class in 2 decades but you just sit at pick 30 and allow all them to be drafted ahead of because you overvalue mid round picks and refuse to trade up

Decosta running the team like a 12 year old playing franchise mode on Madden

none of his moves made any sense

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm hopeful that no major injuries happen so Harbaugh can't get any alibis like 2015 when Flacco tore his ACL.
I was furious when he got hurt too :martin:. They were already dead in the water barely midway through the season with Joe playing like shyt and the team headed for 10-11 losses regardless of if he was there and then they decided to give him an excuse as if he was doing a good job anyway. Nine years later and we’re still stuck with this guy :snoop:. I just don’t get why every other team has been willing to can their coach at least once since 2013 but this guy gets a lifetime contract.

Edit: then in 2016 Harbaugh cost them back to back games against Oakland and Washington which made the Christmas game vs Pittsburgh a win or go home game, which of course the defense lost for them in the closing seconds. 2016 was another easy year to pick for when he needed to go.

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I thought that Ben Clevelands performance at the end of last season when Zeitler was hurt was the reason they let Zeitler walk

but somehow we go into camp and they have Cleveland playing center :mindblown:

didn’t even let him compete for the RG spot and now we have Faalele who looks like he’s stuck in quicksand on the field

How do these coaches watch film and continue putting dude out there

Cleveland never looked as bad as Faalele

in fact the couple games Cleveland started he was our highest graded lineman both games

this is what coaching malpractice looks like

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
and the rookie Rosengarten needs to start over Makeri

I would rather deal with the rooks subpar run blocking knowing hes gonna get better and stronger

Makeri has lowkey been just as bad as Faalele

rewatching the game and some of this is laughable

theres one running play where every olineman except Ronnie is on the ground before Henry even makes it to the line

like how can you watch this shyt on film and still put these bums out there week after week