The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Red Money

All Star
Daps

Andy Reid compared to John Harbaugh. That’s like comparing a 2021 S63 AMG to a 1995 Corolla in terms of quality and performance. Did you watch the afc title game last year? 6 attempts for their top 2 backs and 2 designed runs for Lamar against a poor run defense while throwing 40+ times against a great pass defense. You name a bad head coach and I’ll happily take him over Harbaugh because unless he’s 2009-10 Josh McDaniels, he’s guaranteed to be an improvement.

Exactly, it's not an issue of a number 1 Wr. It's too much focus on that, imo.

Tell me... didn't Peyton Manning make sure to call plays to keep Edgerrin James involved? He knew Edge needed touches.

Was a 2x MVP in Lamar not empowered regardless of coach to change plays? If not empowered...Then that's another coaching issue.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
#numbers and eye test correlate to bad coaching (head coaching and offensive coordinator)
From 2012-17 they lost 23 games where the defense gave up the winning score on its final drive and 1 more (2013 vs Green Bay) where of the defense got 1 more stop the offense would’ve had the chance to tie the game. That’s 25% of all games they played in that span just where they lost it on the final possession in that manner. Missed the playoffs entirely 4 times in 5 years and needed tiebreakers to make it in the 1 year in that 5 year span they did make it only to blow a pair of 14 point second half leads in the divisional round because they never adjusted to what the pats were doing. How any coach survived that will never make any sense to me.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dude typed an anomaly with absolute zero value

He would've been better off mentioning the actual problem of the 2023/2024 Ravens - Head Coaching/OC and offensive line

"Mahomes/Chiefs would have taken John Harbaugh/Todd Monken and Ravens offensive last year for their SB run"

As great as Mahomes is, isn't winning a SB under that circumstance

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
We know how unaccountable Harbs is and how fast he throws his coordinators under the bus.

How many blown 4th quarter leads before Harbaugh pushes the blame to Orr? And we know this shyt been happening his whole tenure, but these cacs goin eat "Orr is the problem" up.

+ or - 2?

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Exactly, it's not an issue of a number 1 Wr. It's too much focus on that, imo.

Tell me... didn't Peyton Manning make sure to call plays to keep Edgerrin James involved? He knew Edge needed touches.

Was a 2x MVP in Lamar not empowered regardless of coach to change plays? If not empowered...Then that's another coaching issue.
Pretty sure until the 2008-10 era teams that Peyton always kept his backs involved in the offense. It’s even worse when the team is built like the ravens where they’re built to keep running it to wear down defenses so they get hammered on the ground by the 4th quarter. Meanwhile a staple of their playoff exits in the Lamar era is abandoning the run early in a panic when there’s no reason to and asking Lamar to do the Michael Vick 21 point 4th quarter comeback vs the giants in 2010 as if that’s sustainable.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We know how unaccountable Harbs is and how fast he throws his coordinators unders the bus.

How many blown 4th quarter leads before Harbaugh pushes the blame to Orr? And we know this shyt been happening his whole tenure, but these cacs goin eat "Orr is the problem up."

+ or - 2?
It makes no sense at all. I’ve never seen another coach make so many mistakes in the same situations for nearly 20 years with just 1 title to show for it over a decade ago where the players clearly won in spite of him and his coordinators who routinely throws everyone around him under the bus and still avoids any scrutiny. In fact there’s only one other person in sports at all I’ve seen do that and get away with it (Brian Cashman).

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The afc title game will always be the worst. That might be the single worst coached game in nfl history. :snoop:
thats not even in his top 10 for me

and hes had worst playoff games

remember blowing 2 14 point leads to the Pats when they kept doing the same trick play Harbs couldnt figure out so he just had a meltdown on the sidelines and blames the refs :heh:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
thats not even in his top 10 for me

and hes had worst playoff games

remember blowing 2 14 point leads to the Pats when they kept doing the same trick play Harbs couldnt figure out so he just had a meltdown on the sidelines and blames the refs :heh:

To be fair refs didn't give us time to match the pats subs....