The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Draymond Green said 100k fine was a lot cause it took his mom 3-4 years to earn that amount and he doesn't take that type of money for granted. He wants the money back out of respect for him moms and situation growing up.

Is Lamar backstory legit? Is he really only 27? Old man name in Lamar Demetrius and old man dress clothes style. What he doing on the side? Some questions arose when he sneezed at 750k....

We don't know his contract or situation.

The speculation is weird and goofy since we're not privy to all of the information

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Anyone seen this?

I don't think we have any Marlon stans here, but the Ravens failed this young man. He has the same problems he did when he was at Bama and has never developed as a CB. I'm looking forward to the day Stephens, Wiggins and Tampa push Humphrey to the slot CB. He has no business matching up against #1 or #2 receivers.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone seen this?

I don't think we have any Marlon stans here, but the Ravens failed this young man. He has the same problems he did when he was at Bama and has never developed as a CB. I'm looking forward to the day Stephens, Wiggins and Tampa push Humphrey to the slot CB. He has no business matching up against #1 or #2 receivers.

Prior to his injuries, he was an All-Pro CB.
Why do you say the Ravens failed Marlon?

Marlon should cover the big body or physical WRs or slot.
Ravens also need a legit pass rush. Ojabo and Oweh need to step it up.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Marlon should be exclusively playing slot at this point. He has always played better with the play right in front of him. If he played on a team that played more zone, let him play nickle more, and he could stay healthy, he'd probably be an all pro again. The Ravens play more man than anything.

As far as how the Ravens have failed him. They knew coming out of college that he didn't cover the deep ball well at all and was a liability when asked to do so. They knew he played his best football when the play was in front of him. They rarely put him in position to mitigate his weaknesses, take advantage of strengths or give him help in obvious passing downs. Marlon shoulders some of the blame as well because he knows he can't cover the deep routes and he should've gotten the extra work to not be a liability, but he either didn't or its not working. Either way, the Ravens need to mitigate Humphrey's weaknesses better this season and moving forward if they want him to succeed and produce.

It just seems like the Ravens have expectations on positions, but don't really consider the limitations of their personnel which ultimately hurts the player's production. I will give them credit last season that they considered Stanley's softness and being prone to injuries when they instituted him sharing snaps with Mekari...let's see if that continues this season since an every down top tier LT isn't on the roster. Hopefully this season with the extra CB depth, we see them take Humphrey into consideration more and mitigate his short comings better.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Anyone seen this?

That has to happen this year I don’t trust him on the outside at all after last season

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md

The pass rush situation is a real problem going into this season and I don’t know why they are still showing faith in the African boys, they should have cut bait and move on

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The pass rush situation is a real problem going into this season and I don’t know why they are still showing faith in the African boys, they should have cut bait and move on

Well one of the African boys made it to 2nd team all-pro (narrowly making it to 1st team)
Ojabo (45th pick) + Oweh (31st pick)....still have a lot of potential

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Well one of the African boys made it to 2nd team all-pro (narrowly making it to 1st team)
Ojabo (45th pick) + Oweh (31st pick)....still have a lot of potential
We are beyond the potential point with these boys they are in their 3 and 4 year, we need 7 and 9 sacks each from these boys to make up half of what they lost last year