The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Seeing at least a couple mocks now projecting Chop to us. :patrice:

I dunno. Usually I'd be good with this, but (1) we just did the PSU edge with upside and he's been hit-or-miss so far, and (2) I don't think this is our typical BPA kind of draft. We kinda need a top OL/CB this time around. WR's big too, but I think we can find a good one on day 2.
Chop and Koolaid are the 2 nikkas I keep seeing mocked to us that I dont want

im praying a tackle falls to us cause I dont want defense in the 1st round

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
well if you arent good at drafting WRs are you really spending resources on the position?

they could easily just trade for a proven WR and pay them but they choose not to because historically all the money goes to the defense
um....yes ?

thats like asking if youre bad at investing your money and you lost all the money investing it, did you really invest any money into it ?

but yeah yall definitely been much better at drafting defense in the first. Queen and Hamilton are ballers

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
whats early ? 1st or second ?

I find it fascinating that the narrative is always like Ravens dont do a good job of committing resources to WR weapons, yet since Lamar was drafted the Ravens selected a WR in the first round three times out of five drafts

20231Zay Flowers22WR2023

and had a couple of more top 100 pick WR during these times too

I understand your post, but it kind of defeats the purpose when they draft Hollywood Brown in the first round and once they develop him where three years later, he has almost 100 receptions and over 1000 yards receiving & they trade him away

:yeshrug:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
um....yes ?

thats like asking if youre bad at investing your money and you lost all the money investing it, did you really invest any money into it ?

but yeah yall definitely been much better at drafting defense in the first. Queen and Hamilton are ballers
you only hear draft picks when resources get mentioned when the money is a much bigger piece

if you arent spending money you arent serious about putting resources into the position

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I understand your post, but it kind of defeats the purpose when they draft Hollywood Brown in the first round and once they develop him where three years later, he has almost 100 receptions and over 1000 yards receiving & they trade him away

:yeshrug:
they traded him away for a first round pick

so they got three years of him being on a rookie contract, got solid production for him in an offense that was heavy run offense...and received the same (actually slightly higher) first round draft pick for him

that's a W in terms of resource allocation imo

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
you only hear draft picks when resources get mentioned when the money is a much bigger piece

if you arent spending money you arent serious about putting resources into the position
disagree... but I will agree with you that ravens reluctance to spend $ on established WRs have been consistent as well

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Draft day :blessed:

Who yall want in the 1st round?

Last year Zay was my guy and we actually picked him

That was only like the 3rd time ever that we drafted the guy I wanted.Ed Reed and Jimmy Smith were the other 2 times

this year the guy I want is OT Amarius Mims

he probably won’t be on the board when we pick though and Decosta refuses to ever trade up

I just don’t want a defensive player that’s gonna rot on the bench for the next 2-3 years

we need a day 1 starter preferably on the oline

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

That was only like the 3rd time ever that we drafted the guy I wanted.Ed Reed and Jimmy Smith were the other 2 times

he probably won’t be on the board when we pick though and Decosta refuses to ever trade up

I just don’t want a defensive player that’s gonna rot on the bench for the next 2-3 years

well , im hoping they give Lamar some tall fast explosive talent

he would be my pick - if available

2do-om.gif

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I’m hoping we’ll get a OT but like you said I think there’s going to be a run on OTs so try they’ll probably be gone by then and EDC never trades up.