The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Pick 30 - Nate Wiggins CB Clemson​

Nate Wiggins, a junior cornerback from Clemson, measures an impressive 6’2” and weighs 185 pounds. Coming out of Westlake High School as a 4-star recruit, Wiggins quickly made his presence felt at Clemson. In his freshman year, he played in 7 games, recording 2 tackles and a pass breakup with a QB rating when targeted of 50.3.

His sophomore season saw a substantial uptick in performance with 25 tackles and 9 pass breakups over 12 games.

Wiggins’ junior year solidified his prowess in the secondary, with 23 tackles, 4 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and allowing a meager 44.4 QB rating when targeted.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • Incredible stopwatch speed - showcased by a 4.28 at the combine.
  • Combines height and arm length optimally for an outside cornerback role, providing a physical edge in coverage.
  • Proficient in both off-man and Cover 3 zone, utilizing a fluid press bail technique.
  • Excels at managing and contesting vertical routes, effectively maintaining positioning and showcasing competitive aggression at the catch point.
  • Demonstrates patience and strategic use of eye discipline and footwork in man coverage scenarios.
  • Quick to close space between himself and the receiver, effectively using the sideline as an additional defender on vertical routes.
  • Skilled in reading and reacting to route concepts from a distance, enhancing his ability to disrupt passes.
  • Displays excellent quickness and agility in his movements, with a knack for timing and anticipation in pass defense.
  • Capable of leveraging his physical attributes and coverage skills to limit offensive options and create challenging throwing lanes for quarterbacks.
SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
  • Lacks optimal burst for recovery on vertical routes, potentially leaving space for separation.
  • While proficient in bail technique, his backpedal could be more fluid and less segmented.
  • Could show more enthusiasm and commitment in run defense, with tackling that is adequate but not exceptional.
  • Occasionally struggles with quick change of direction, impacting his effectiveness in certain coverage situations.
  • Would benefit from adding muscle mass to improve physicality, particularly in press coverage scenarios.

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY​

Nate Wiggins emerges as a potential top-five cornerback prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft, offering a compelling blend of physical attributes, with elite recovery speed, coverage skills, and football IQ. His height and arm length, combined with his proficiency in various coverage schemes, make him a versatile and competitive option for teams seeking an outside cornerback.

While he shows room for improvement in burst and physicality, Wiggins' demonstrated growth and performance against top-tier talent suggest a high ceiling at the NFL level. His skill set aligns well with a cover-3-based defense, but he also has the tools to adapt and thrive in various schemes.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Wiggins is a better CB than Mitchell who got victimized at the Senior Bowl. He has excellent upside. I think he'll be a better CB for the Ravens than Humphrey was/is if he can increase his physicality. Might be a stretch for him because the dude is really slight framed, but I like his upside.

Last edited:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I still can't believe the Cowboys passed on JPJ and took Guyton. Anyway, Ravens probably get Blake Fisher in the 2nd. Fisher is soft like Stanley, but he's their best chance at getting a potential day 1 starter at RT.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think the Chiefs are the only team left that didn't get their OT that needed one. Ravens got a good chance to get Kingsley, Blake or Rosengarten. If none of them are available, they shouldn't be taking no other OT because the rest of these guys are 4th round picks.

If they go WR, I think they can get Troy Franklin or Keon Coleman because Adonai should be the first WR off the board and going to the Commanders in the 2nd.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

solid pick

Snead+McDuffie...was the best CB last season

Wiggins turns 21 in August

Bill Belichick, Ronde Barber, Devin McCourty, Louis Riddikk, Chris Simms, Patrick Peterson, and Bryant McFadden are all high on Wiggins

Last edited:

Red Money

All Star
Daps

Pick 30 - Nate Wiggins CB Clemson​

Nate Wiggins, a junior cornerback from Clemson, measures an impressive 6’2” and weighs 185 pounds. Coming out of Westlake High School as a 4-star recruit, Wiggins quickly made his presence felt at Clemson. In his freshman year, he played in 7 games, recording 2 tackles and a pass breakup with a QB rating when targeted of 50.3.

His sophomore season saw a substantial uptick in performance with 25 tackles and 9 pass breakups over 12 games.

Wiggins’ junior year solidified his prowess in the secondary, with 23 tackles, 4 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and allowing a meager 44.4 QB rating when targeted.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • Incredible stopwatch speed - showcased by a 4.28 at the combine.
  • Combines height and arm length optimally for an outside cornerback role, providing a physical edge in coverage.
  • Proficient in both off-man and Cover 3 zone, utilizing a fluid press bail technique.
  • Excels at managing and contesting vertical routes, effectively maintaining positioning and showcasing competitive aggression at the catch point.
  • Demonstrates patience and strategic use of eye discipline and footwork in man coverage scenarios.
  • Quick to close space between himself and the receiver, effectively using the sideline as an additional defender on vertical routes.
  • Skilled in reading and reacting to route concepts from a distance, enhancing his ability to disrupt passes.
  • Displays excellent quickness and agility in his movements, with a knack for timing and anticipation in pass defense.
  • Capable of leveraging his physical attributes and coverage skills to limit offensive options and create challenging throwing lanes for quarterbacks.
SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
  • Lacks optimal burst for recovery on vertical routes, potentially leaving space for separation.
  • While proficient in bail technique, his backpedal could be more fluid and less segmented.
  • Could show more enthusiasm and commitment in run defense, with tackling that is adequate but not exceptional.
  • Occasionally struggles with quick change of direction, impacting his effectiveness in certain coverage situations.
  • Would benefit from adding muscle mass to improve physicality, particularly in press coverage scenarios.

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY​

Nate Wiggins emerges as a potential top-five cornerback prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft, offering a compelling blend of physical attributes, with elite recovery speed, coverage skills, and football IQ. His height and arm length, combined with his proficiency in various coverage schemes, make him a versatile and competitive option for teams seeking an outside cornerback.

While he shows room for improvement in burst and physicality, Wiggins' demonstrated growth and performance against top-tier talent suggest a high ceiling at the NFL level. His skill set aligns well with a cover-3-based defense, but he also has the tools to adapt and thrive in various schemes.

And 6'2" 185lbs is football stats and it screams stick figure. He probably weighs 175....he ain't gonna be much run support.

5'10"-6' guys could probably get separation on him cause I'm not sure he can get his hips down to change direction.

Probably just a zone guy to keep everything in front of him. Maybe man him up on bigger WRs on the outside and high point for the ints. He Probably get crushed covering slots footwork... and get cracked blocked by slots on run plays.

Never watched him. But he seems specialized based on physical stats. If he was 2 inches shorter....he'd be more versatile. Maybe he can exceed his physical programming....I dunno. But he should gain 10lbs asap.

And no I didn't read past his physical stats....but I doubt I'm wrong. It's the NFL and NFL exploits everything from the physical standpoint. I'll put shorter guys on the outside that run crispy routes to take him out the game.

I Probably bulk him up and put him at free safety since he can physically high point, probably super fast with low body fat and I assume fairly intelligent.

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
the way the board fell I still think we should’ve went receiver but I don’t hate taking Wiggins

I would’ve been pissed if the pick was Arnold,Koolaid or Cooper Dejean but I get taking Wiggins

I didn’t expect him to still be on the board at 30

I thought he was gonna be a top 15-20 pick

Red Money

All Star
Daps
And 6'2" 185lbs is football stats and it screams stick figure. He probably weighs 175....he ain't gonna be much run support.

5'10"-6' guys could probably get separation on him cause I'm not sure he can get his hips down to change direction.

Probably just a zone guy to keep everything in front of him. Maybe man him up on bigger WRs on the outside and high point for the ints. He Probably get crushed covering slots footwork... and get cracked blocked by slots on run plays.

Never watched him. But he seems specialized based on physical stats. If he was 2 inches shorter....he'd be more versatile. Maybe he can exceed his physical programming....I dunno. But he should gain 10lbs asap.

And no I didn't read past his physical stats....but I doubt I'm wrong. It's the NFL and NFL exploits everything from the physical standpoint. I'll put shorter guys on the outside that run crispy routes to take him out the game.

I Probably bulk him up and put him at free safety since he can physically high point, probably super fast with low body fat and I assume fairly intelligent.

All that said....

Ravens probably hoping he can gain some weight and be Chris McCalister 2.0....

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the way the board fell I still think we should’ve went receiver but I don’t hate taking Wiggins

I would’ve been pissed if the pick was Arnold,Koolaid or Cooper Dejean but I get taking Wiggins

This is from yesterday, prior to the draft...Even Marlon said Wiggins is the guy

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps

He should've been gone. All the mock drafts I did, he was only available once. The board fell just right.

I would've been pissed if they took Dejean too. He's nothing special from what I've seen, but of course because he's a cac playing a position they don't normally play, they'll hype everything he does like he's elite.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think our 2 picks tonight should either be 2 olineman or 1 lineman and a WR

gonna be interesting see how this 2nd round goes

2 receivers already gone the first 2 picks smh

AD Mitchell falling tho :jbhmm:

would be great if he fell to us but watch the Steelers or Bengals end up taking him :beli: