The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

its2late2hate

Rookie
Daps
it’s basically a 1 year extension. he is making 2.5 this year . his 5th year option would be 14. So they are basically giving him 2 years / 13 mill so he gets some money earlier in the deal. Closer to the 7-8 range yearly.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
They better not use this as an excuse to not draft a receiver early
whats early ? 1st or second ?

I find it fascinating that the narrative is always like Ravens dont do a good job of committing resources to WR weapons, yet since Lamar was drafted the Ravens selected a WR in the first round three times out of five drafts

20231Zay Flowers22WR2023

and had a couple of more top 100 pick WR during these times too

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
whats early ? 1st or second ?

I find it fascinating that the narrative is always like Ravens dont do a good job of committing resources to WR weapons, yet since Lamar was drafted the Ravens selected a WR in the first round three times out of five drafts

20231Zay Flowers22WR2023

and had a couple of more top 100 pick WR during these times too
yes top 2 rounds and I don’t give a shyt about what they did in the past

Our WR core sucks right now

dont care if they drafted a WR in the first 3 out of 5 years

they traded one and the other has been a bust

as of right now we don’t have another reliable receiver after Zay so yeah im still expecting a WR in the 1st or 2nd round

If Bateman has a breakout year then cool but im not relying on that

In a perfect world a offensive tackle falls to us a 30 and we take the best WR available in the 2nd

If all the 1st round tackles are gone at 30 then take the WR in round 1

knowing Decosta though we’re probably gonna draft a CB or pass rusher

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
yes top 2 rounds and I don’t give a shyt about what they did in the past

Our WR core sucks right now

dont care if they drafted a WR in the first 3 out of 5 years

they traded one and the other has been a bust

as of right now we don’t have another reliable receiver after Zay so yeah im still expecting a WR in the 1st or 2nd round

If Bateman has a breakout year then cool but im not relying on that

In a perfect world a offensive tackle falls to us a 30 and we take the best WR available in the 2nd

If all the 1st round tackles are gone at 30 then take the WR in round 1

knowing Decosta though we’re probably gonna draft a CB or pass rusher
right, Im just saying people who say that ravens havent devoted resources into getting WRs, are wrong and its not particularly debatable :manny:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
right, Im just saying people who say that ravens havent devoted resources into getting WRs, are wrong and its not particularly debatable :manny:
historically they dont

even when they draft those receivers they typically dont add much after that and receivers dont get a 2nd contract here

we are consistently at the bottom in terms of money spent on receivers every year

the biggest contract the Ravens have given to a receiver is Anquan Boldins 3 year 25 mill extension in 2010

we're in 2024 and that deal still hasnt been topped

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
historically they dont

even when they draft those receivers they typically dont add much after that and receivers dont get a 2nd contract here

we are consistently at the bottom in terms of money spent on receivers every year

the biggest contract the Ravens have given to a receiver is Anquan Boldins 3 year 25 mill extension in 2010

we're in 2024 and that deal still hasnt been topped
draft resources are resources by definition

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Seeing at least a couple mocks now projecting Chop to us. :patrice:

I dunno. Usually I'd be good with this, but (1) we just did the PSU edge with upside and he's been hit-or-miss so far, and (2) I don't think this is our typical BPA kind of draft. We kinda need a top OL/CB this time around. WR's big too, but I think we can find a good one on day 2.